Pics of DCL Food Round 2

How was the food at the new restaurant?!
Food was incredible, my other pictures won’t post from my phone, will try from computer later. The show that accompanied the food was phenomenal and the decoration of the restaurant incredible. I highly recommend it!

Wait a minute! I thought Cabanas was the only restaurant open on embarkation?!?

There is one of the MDRs that has a (IMHO very) limited menu that will be open for a little while.

There are also the poolside places.

Even Cabanas may not quite be open depending on when boarding starts.

Nope, there's always one sit down restaurant open as well - it will be a buffet but they bring you drinks.

Not a buffet anymore in the MDR. It's a menu with very limited options. It's been that way for a couple of years now.

Nope, there's always one sit down restaurant open as well - it will be a buffet but they bring you drinks.

There is one of the MDRs that has a (IMHO very) limited menu that will be open for a little while.

There are also the poolside places.

Even Cabanas may not quite be open depending on when boarding starts.

Interesting! We always try to get an early PAT and then go straight to Cabanas. I had no idea anything was available while boarding was still being done. Although, it is nice to sit outside Cabanas and eat overlooking the water/port.

Interesting! We always try to get an early PAT and then go straight to Cabanas. I had no idea anything was available while boarding was still being done. Although, it is nice to sit outside Cabanas and eat overlooking the water/port.

It will be listed in the restaurant times section of the navigator.

The only problem with that is that we can't get into our room until later, so we wouldn't see the Navigator until after lunch. Oh well.

I have always been given a Day One Navigator when I check in. If you aren't, you need to ask for one because it should be given to you.

It used to be a buffet but has been changed to a la carte menu.

http://disneycruiselineblog.com/menus/embarkation-lunch-menu/

Edited:
I always have the embarkation lunch in the MDR. It’s less crowded and more relaxed. Also, I loved to be served after all the packing and travelling! When it was a buffet, the drinks were served and plates were cleared promptly.

Last edited:
Maybe your Significant Other is keep the navigator from you? Lol

Or a kid?

There was one time they didn't have them out yet (I think there was a late change), but they had CMs walking around to make sure every group had one once they got out there.

We just at at Tritons the other day on the Wonder and it was not a buffet but a la carte from a menu

Then, I must have received one and got caught up in the excitement and don't remember?:yay:

When I boarded my cruise in January I didn't get one at check-in, but I was in one of the first bus-loads of people at the port. I have a suspicion that they might not always have them printed up and ready when early birds first start arriving; I saw people in the port waiting area with paper navigators an hour or so after I'd checked in. All kinds of reasons they might not have had one for you, so I wouldn't doubt your memory too much. Just because they're supposed to hand them out doesn't mean they always will without being asked.

Deck food on the Magic, January 2018:

img_3861-jpg.301147

img_3932-jpg.301167

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter