Pics of DCL Food Round 2

My friends daughter ordered this cake for her birthday....We did not cut it at the table as we were full. They cut it in the room to find out it was made totally of Whipped Cream. The daughter did get her money back.

ccday23 by Jenseib, on Flickr

My friends daughter ordered this cake for her birthday....We did not cut it at the table as we were full. They cut it in the room to find out it was made totally of Whipped Cream. The daughter did get her money back.

My mother in law would ask "and what's wrong with that?" LOL

I'm kind of impressed that they molded whipped cream that neatly. But I'd be very crabby too.

I would love to have a cake with only whipped cream! I love whipped cream and mousse!! Which ship? More fruit would be even better!

They cut it in the room to find out it was made totally of Whipped Cream. The daughter did get her money back.

Beautiful cake, Jenseib! As a cake baker, what I cannot figure out is HOW on earth a cake could be entirely made of whipped cream and hold it's shape like that? Or hold up a bunch of fruit on one side??? o_O ONLY way I know of a cake made entirely of whipped cream could hold up like that would be if it was frozen. Really weird..... Sure looked pretty though! :cutie: :cake:

Beautiful cake, Jenseib! As a cake baker, what I cannot figure out is HOW on earth a cake could be entirely made of whipped cream and hold it's shape like that? Or hold up a bunch of fruit on one side??? o_O ONLY way I know of a cake made entirely of whipped cream could hold up like that would be if it was frozen. Really weird..... Sure looked pretty though! :cutie: :cake:

Because DCL doesn't use real whipped cream - they use Whippee.

That seems a bit sketchy.

They were not happy. They order specialty cakes a lot and are familiar with them. This time they gave her daughter a real hard time about it for some reason. They were in concierge and the daughter ended up getting concierge involved to get it ordered.

My mother in law would ask "and what's wrong with that?" LOL

I'm kind of impressed that they molded whipped cream that neatly. But I'd be very crabby too.

I am pretty sure the froze whipped cream in a pan in the right shape...why they did that I have no idea.

Wow! I wouldn't have expected that either!

Nope. Now I don't expect a fabulous tasting cake...but all cream...ah no.

I would love to have a cake with only whipped cream! I love whipped cream and mousse!! Which ship? More fruit would be even better!

LOL I do too really. My daughter doesn't eat cake but would eat one made of whipped Cream. We were off doing something when they cut the cake, but my friend and her kids and my other friend (and I think her kids too) were in there and were totally laughing at this thing.

I believe they froze it. That was the only thing we could think of.

They were not happy. They order specialty cakes a lot and are familiar with them. This time they gave her daughter a real hard time about it for some reason. They were in concierge and the daughter ended up getting concierge involved to get it ordered.

I am pretty sure the froze whipped cream in a pan in the right shape...why they did that I have no idea.

Nope. Now I don't expect a fabulous tasting cake...but all cream...ah no.

LOL I do too really. My daughter doesn't eat cake but would eat one made of whipped Cream. We were off doing something when they cut the cake, but my friend and her kids and my other friend (and I think her kids too) were in there and were totally laughing at this thing.

I believe they froze it. That was the only thing we could think of.

The one DCL cake I ordered for my wife’s birthday was REALLY good. And not just made from all whipped cream!! :rotfl2:

Dole Whip with Spiced Rum (blended):

GOPR0588.jpg

Dole Whip with Dark Rum:

GOPR0859.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter