Pin Trading Returns April 7th, 2024

serenitynow

DIS Veteran
I read on another blog (blog mickey) that Cast Members can return to wearing lanyards and pin trading starting on April 7th. This practice had been discontinued during the pandemic.

So Pin Trading directly with Disney Cast Members returns next month!🥳

Last edited:
Really, really excited about this news!! Some cast members at Disney Springs were really coming out with lanyards at the end of last month when we were there, and it was great. But I can't wait to visit when it's all back!!

This is great news. Has Disney stopped making the yearly cast member hidden Mickey sets? I can’t find any references to them past 2022, and that the 2022 ones were made about Covid time and didn’t get released until 2022.

Is there a map of locations for all 4 parks? We know where most locations are but we want to make sure we hit them all on our trip in May. Thanks for any help with this.

This is great news. Has Disney stopped making the yearly cast member hidden Mickey sets? I can’t find any references to them past 2022, and that the 2022 ones were made about Covid time and didn’t get released until 2022.

They actually just released a new wave of Hidden Disney pins. I think they are only in Disneyland right now, but they're brand new, and usually it comes to Disney World with some of the same sets. You can see most of them here, and there's a poster floating around social media somewhere to match.
https://www.pinpics.com/pins?text_search=hidden 2024

Does pin trading trivia take place in Disney World? If so what locations because I am just hearing about this.

Does pin trading trivia take place in Disney World? If so what locations because I am just hearing about this.

Are you meaning "trivia" when trading? There are cast members who will have "Mystery" pins on their lanyards (pin is turned to the inside of the lanyard, so you can only see the pin backs). Sometimes, you just ask to trade for the mystery pin. Sometimes, they only trade their mystery pins if you answer a trivia question that they pick. We actually had several trivia experiences with CMs last month while we were at Disney Springs.

Yes, that is exactly what I am referring to. How do you know which locations or cast members do it at?

I read on another blog (blog mickey) that Cast Members can return to wearing lanyards and pin trading starting on April 7th. This practice had been discontinued during the pandemic.

So Pin Trading directly with Disney Cast Members returns next month!🥳

This will make my youngest son very happy he recently started trading pins. The rest of the family started back on 2000 and stopped around 2015ish.

Is there a map of locations for all 4 parks? We know where most locations are but we want to make sure we hit them all on our trip in May. Thanks for any help with this.

MDE shows where to find the pin trading boards.

They actually just released a new wave of Hidden Disney pins. I think they are only in Disneyland right now, but they're brand new, and usually it comes to Disney World with some of the same sets. You can see most of them here, and there's a poster floating around social media somewhere to match.
https://www.pinpics.com/pins?text_search=hidden 2024

Years ago Figi ran pinpics, but along the way retired it. Is someone else running it?

I think it’s hit or miss. At the register of Journey to Imagination’s store, my son was asked Disney trivia once recently. All other recent times was not asked. I think it depends on the CM and how busy the store is.

Years ago Figi ran pinpics, but along the way retired it. Is someone else running it?

Yes, it's been sold two times since Figi ran it. The current owners are really putting a lot of work into getting it updated and expanded. It's a fun way to trade when you're not near the parks.

CM trading coming back all the way is really exciting news! We were just down there in February and there were more boards than last year, but it's still not the same as trading with CMs. At the very end of our trip, though, a lot of managers were out and about at Disney Springs . . . all wearing lanyards and trading. It was a lot of fun. They also formed a "Pin Wall" at World of Disney. It was 15 or 16 CMs, all wearing lanyards loaded with pins -- plus a large board of pins. That was a lot of fun!

Just wondering if anyone down at WDW today has experienced the trading return and/or seen any of the new Hidden Disney pins released down there today?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter