Pirate Night Changes?

TXspartan

Earning My Ears
Is there still a pirate night desert buffet? in all of my previoius sailings we've had this where after the fireworks or if the fireworks are between seatings than after the pirate dance party they would have Cabannas open with fruits, deserts, and of course Turkey Legs. But on a group site for an upcoming sailing the question came up and others pointed out that on some more recent sailings this hasn't been offered, wanted to see if this was really gone now or is it just certain ships, or certain sailings?

Is there still a pirate night desert buffet? in all of my previoius sailings we've had this where after the fireworks or if the fireworks are between seatings than after the pirate dance party they would have Cabannas open with fruits, deserts, and of course Turkey Legs. But on a group site for an upcoming sailing the question came up and others pointed out that on some more recent sailings this hasn't been offered, wanted to see if this was really gone now or is it just certain ships, or certain sailings?
It appears rather random currently which ships/itineraries are having the buffet or not. It may be a test by DCL to see if they want to eliminate it.

We just got off of the Dream this past Friday, and they DID have a late-night Pirate Night buffet. When we were leaving the main dining room after our dinner, our server commented that he was going to be serving on the Pirate buffet later and that we should stop by and say hello. I mentioned that I had 'heard somewhere that they weren't having it anymore," and he said that they had been "trying out some different things lately, and due to guest responses, they had decided to bring it back."

I eat more than most people on the cruise. I have been on 20 DCL cruises and only ate the pirate food twice. There is plenty of food on board I don’t feel like waiting in them long lines for that food.but to each their own some people which looks like a lot likes to wait in them long lines for the pirate food.

We just got off the Fantasy on Sept 1 and we didn't have a pirate buffet. The fireworks was also at 8pm instead of the usual 10pm schedule. Our server said that they eliminated the buffet because DCL figured it was a waste of food.

We’re in between a B2B on the Dream. For the 3-day cruise, they did indeed have the pirate night buffet with tacos, turkey legs, crepes and a bunch of other stuff. It wasn’t listed in the Navigator (paper or electronic), but our head server let us know about it. It was from 10:25-11:00 and if you look at the Navigator, the only hint of it is that Cabanas is listed as open during those times, which I think isn’t typical on other nights.

I heard rumors they were stopping it. It was on both of our short cruises this year. Hoping it's on our 2-week October one. This will be our first disney cruise and we have never heard it announced/advertised.

Just got off the Sept 8-15 Fantasy. The fireworks show was at 10:15 and there was a buffet following. The buffet is not listed in the schedule of activities, but it is visible under the listings for food options under late night snacks. The show they performed was cute, and involved the children, but I missed Mickey saving the day. However, I did not see the earlier pirate deck show with Mickey so maybe Mickey rescued us all then. The night show was very Jack Sparrow-centric.

I was on the 4 night Dream Cruise September 3rd & the 7 night Fantasy Cruise September 8, both had the buffet. Though just like the previous poster said, it was not on the paper navigator. We didn’t go to either. I’d almost rather have a late night buffet in a different night than pirate night, there’s just too much going on in one night in my opinion.

This is how I think people miss it

I never realized there was a buffet. I'd probably have checked it out.

Plus, (at least during the normal 10:30 schedule) the buffet is held while the Pirate dancing is still going on. It is very easy to get caught up watching the dancing, and then when it is over go look for the buffet only to find that you just missed it.

We knew we wanted to hit the buffet, so we deliberately left the dancing, but many others may not have realized the choice they had to make.

Did anyone read the offical blog post where disney is promoting the late night buffet? I guess their "test" is over.

We’re in between a B2B on the Dream. For the 3-day cruise, they did indeed have the pirate night buffet with tacos, turkey legs, crepes and a bunch of other stuff. It wasn’t listed in the Navigator (paper or electronic), but our head server let us know about it. It was from 10:25-11:00 and if you look at the Navigator, the only hint of it is that Cabanas is listed as open during those times, which I think isn’t typical on other nights.

Yup me too, was on Dream 3 night in August and during our MDR our server said "leave room for the buffet..." and told us after the top deck pirate night party there is food available in Cabanas.

I was just on the Sept 8-15 Eastern Caribbean cruise and yes there was a pirate buffet. It had the most people I had ever seen! Everyone wanted the ham and the turkey legs! This was brought up by out servers on Pirate night. The MDR pirate menu was just okay as they had made some changes in the past year or so. The late night pirate show was at 1015pm and featured Jack Sparrow and scenes from Pirates of the Caribbean Dead Men Tell No Tales.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter