Pirates of the Carribean refurbishment

saljo

Earning My Ears
My family will be in Disney March 10 - 16. Pirates is scheduled to be closed until March 18 for refurbishment. What are the chances it will open a few days early and we will be able to ride it while we are there?

It's possible. We lucked into a soft opening of Pirates a few years ago. Just walk by there if convenient during last couple of days of your stay. With soft opening, could be open for a short time and then closed again and then open again. Good luck but don't place any heavy bet on riding.

Hopefully they are fixing other items with the ride that weren't working when we were there a couple weeks ago. The ride definitely needs some TLC.

I don't understand the change. The ride is about pirates and everyone knows that pirates are not good (Except Jack Sparrow). I remember when the men used to chase the women. Now the women chase the men with a broom and a rolling pin. What's the difference? There also used to be a woman in the barrell hiding at the auction.

I don't understand the change. The ride is about pirates and everyone knows that pirates are not good (Except Jack Sparrow). I remember when the men used to chase the women. Now the women chase the men with a broom and a rolling pin. What's the difference? There also used to be a woman in the barrell hiding at the auction.

There were several threads on this already. Opinion was divided and the threads eventually shut down or ran their course. It is what it is at this point and nothing is going to stop Disney from changing the scene. It's not the first Disney move that has generated some controversy and won't be the last.

I was able to make a fast pass for it today on March 23rd. I haven’t any other day if that means anything.

Pirates of the Caribbean is so essential Disney

That seems like a short refurb for a major scene change. I was expecting this thing to be down for months.

There were several threads on this already. Opinion was divided and the threads eventually shut down or ran their course. It is what it is at this point and nothing is going to stop Disney from changing the scene. It's not the first Disney move that has generated some controversy and won't be the last.

I missed it. what are they changing the scene to?

I missed it. what are they changing the scene to?
No more auctioning women into slavery. I think there are more details, but the gist is that human slavery, especially sexual slavery, isn't really something Disney wants represented in the Parks. The line "We Wants the Red Head" will be adjusted as well. Any arguments I'll refer people to the search button and find the old thread. They were all made already.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter