Pitch Me on Saratoga Springs

USS Disney

Mouseketeer
This resort just seems very... Well boring. However, I have an opportunity to book this resort on a short notice trip and am contemplating whether to take it or just grab a value/moderate resort (no other deluxe available for dates).

So, for those of you that stay here, what are the best qualities about it? What makes this "Disney" and why should I spend more to stay here? Talk me into this resort!

FYI - 3 Adults, 1 Child (2 yr old) with 1 adult and child being 1st visit.

Positive: walkable to DS
1BR villas have lots of space
QS and TS (Turf Club) are solid options for food
Multiple pool/water play area options
Studios have toaster, microwave and minifridge (haven't kept up to know if mods have kitchenettes now or not)

Negative: studios have 1 queen bed plus 1 pullout sofabed - I think the mods all have 2 queens now

I wouldn't put a big premium on SSR compared to POFQ or CS, but that's me. (I do love the shrimp and grits at POFQ.)

I agree with you, SSR's theme is a bit, well, underwhelming. We stayed here because my mom loves horse-racing and I thought it would have a bit more theming around the sport.

IF I was getting a good deal here, it may be worth it for the space.

I did love that it was a short walk to DS ( back them it was DTD ) and the grounds are beautiful.

I agree with chalee94 - I wouldn't spend a great deal more for it. We're also POR/POFQ fans and the theme at those resorts is sooo much better.

We stayed there a while back when we did a trip with both my parents and my hubbies parents. On other trips, we've stayed mostly at POR or Pop. We thought that the extra space in the suite along with having a washer/dryer available and some kitchen space would be nice. Although I like the larger rooms, I just didn't love it there. We were in a back corner of the resort and it was forever far to even get to the pool, let alone try to hit the restaurants. The theming felt non-existent and it just didn't feel any different than any other hotel I've stayed in (and I travel for work so I stay in hotels all the time). We won't be back. It wasn't worth it for us. I like the theming at the mods much better and they are generally better laid out as well. POR is my favorite hands down though

Depending on where you stay, the prime convenience at least for me is the walkability to Disney Springs - this works out best if you stay in Congress Park, or request the building in Paddock right across the street. If you stay back at Grandstand, you can walk over to the main building and boat dock fairly easily, so that's a backup option too.
The boat transportation connections are nice too, if you're not on a mission to spend all the time in the parks. For regular Disney visitors like myself, I spend some time roaming other resorts, and enjoy boat transportation for the relaxing and scenic trip. It's nice, for example, to take the Disney Springs boat over to Port Orleans French Quarter for coffee & beignets, then boat back to Springs, and walk back to Saratoga.
For going to certain parks, you can also take a slow and relaxed method from Saratoga with less crowds on the busses by walking to Disney Springs, and catching a bus to the resort closest to that park, and walk in to the park from there. For example, going to Epcot, rather than jump the Epcot bus at Saratoga, I'll walk over to Springs, take the Beach/Yacht or Boardwalk bus to that resort, then walk in through International Gateway. For Magic Kingdom, I'll walk to Springs, and take the Wilderness Lodge bus and then to the boat into MK, or the Contemporary stop and walk over to MK.
I definitely wouldn't spend more intentionally to request this resort - but as a DVC member who lives in Florida, I end up going up to Disney every few months, sometimes on very short notice...which means sometimes the only DVC still available is Saratoga...so I've stayed there quite a bit. I never mind it as I just utilize the Disney Spring connection, request to stay in Congress Park, and enjoy having restaurants, bars, and clubs available until the wee hours within walking distance, and having boat transportation to other resorts for restaurants and entertainment, as well as alternate transportation methods to get to the parks that are less crowded and more peaceful.

I think SSR is beautifully landscaped and look forward to staying there.

I was not very excited to stay here for the first time but I got a great deal. I LOVED Saratoga Springs! I have stayed at most resorts and SSR felt so comfortable and relaxed! I look forward to staying here again in the future.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!