Pixar Play Zone Questions?

Rigby

Mouseketeer
We were just able to book the Pixar Play Zone for my son and his friends who we'll be going to Disney with next year. Woohoo! Has anyone tried this out yet? Did the kids enjoy it? My son will be 7 and his friends 6 and 4. We were hoping to drop them off and head to Disney Springs for The Void and The Edison. Think we'll have enough time for all of that? The pictures look amazing and I'm sure my kid will love it. Just curious what other's have experienced. Thanks!
:yay:

Our two guys went to Pixar Play Zone last week. They had fun.

We stayed close but heard a lot of parents going to Disney Springs. We picked up our kids at 945 and they were sad that they missed the Incredibles dance party scheduled for later in the night ( I won’t live that down ), so don’t be afraid to pick them up at 1030 - they will get the most out of it, I am sure.

It seemed well-organized, and the kids came back with cute bags filled with crafts and treats. Mixed on whether we would do it again but I bet we would. Love getting a parents’ night out.

Our two guys went to Pixar Play Zone last week. They had fun.

We stayed close but heard a lot of parents going to Disney Springs. We picked up our kids at 945 and they were sad that they missed the Incredibles dance party scheduled for later in the night ( I won’t live that down ), so don’t be afraid to pick them up at 1030 - they will get the most out of it, I am sure.

It seemed well-organized, and the kids came back with cute bags filled with crafts and treats. Mixed on whether we would do it again but I bet we would. Love getting a parents’ night out.

Thank you!!! :yay:

My 4yo did it in August and loved it. He kept asking to go back to his Disney school the rest of the week:lovestruc

I just heard about this and was thinking of trying it in May with our 5 year old daughter. How is the supervision, does each adult have a certain number of children or are they allowed to run free in a specific area?

Any word on this being extended past 3/31? We would love to try it. Backup plan will have to be Camp Dolphin, I guess.

Any word on this being extended past 3/31? We would love to try it. Backup plan will have to be Camp Dolphin, I guess.

When I was trying to book it wasn't available at first for the night we wanted. I called and was told it was undergoing construction to expand the space due to popularity. Then the next day it became available so not sure they had their story straight. I'd just keep checking back. :yay:

What's Camp Dolphin?

When I was trying to book it wasn't available at first for the night we wanted. I called and was told it was undergoing construction to expand the space due to popularity. Then the next day it became available so not sure they had their story straight. I'd just keep checking back. :yay:

What's Camp Dolphin?
Thanks!

Camp Dolphin, at the WDW Dolphin Hotel, is similar to the Disney-run child activity centers (Disney has it listed on their website). Our kids have done it before, while we dined at Bluezoo. They liked it, but they enjoyed Sandcastle Club more.

This sounds awesome. What is the minimum age? Is there such a thing as a babysitter to hire??

This sounds awesome. What is the minimum age? Is there such a thing as a babysitter to hire??

The kids have to be fully self sufficient - potty trained, can feed themselves, etc. Aged 4-12. You have to call ahead and prepay or you can try going the day of. It's first come first serve. The resorts do offer in room babysitting but I know some people have had issues with it. You might want to search around on this thread for babysitting.

We've used the sitter service a couple of times now. They're called Kids Nite Out and they're available at all on-site resorts. It's never been terrible and we've always been able to do the things we wanted to do those evenings but let's just say it's hit or miss. A couple times we've gotten bubbly fun cast members who brought toys with them and other times we've gotten sitters older than my mother in-law who scared the kids and wouldn't stop talking about gambling. Good luck! I'd recommend putting in a request for someone fun but it doesn't always help.

What time can you drop the kiddos off? It says 5:00 for registration. Does that take a while? Think we could make it to Disney Springs for The Void by 6:15? Thanks!

I'm thinking of booking this for our last night and then going to Trader Sam's with DH for date night. We have an 8:00 PPO BBB reservation for our DDs, (7 & 10). I'm thinking that we'll stay in the park until about 2, then go to the Contemporary or GF pools (we're DVC members, so it's allowed). What do you think?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!