Pixie Dust, or Pixie MOUNTAIN? A Grand (Roy) Disney TR *NEW TR LINK 8/11!*

Do you know about the rare hidden Mickey? It's in the Journey Under the Sea ride queue, holes in the rock make a Mickey shape when the sun is setting (or rising - I can't remember which) but it only happens on his birthday, apparently.
Thank you very much for this info! We were going to try finding it but when we looked it up, we realized it only happens right at noon apparently - and we were reading that at 11:58 on the opposite side of the park lol. I guess I'll have to go for his birthday again!

We were at AK on Mickey's birthday in 2016 and they were giving out birthday buttons, but that was about it.
Got the buttons again :thumbsup2 That was pretty much it this year too except for a special birthday cake shaped rice krispie treat they were selling. Still cool to be there for it!

We weren't going to be planning a trip for a while and were planning a few days at Universal over Christmas instead, but I couldn't be this close to Disney and not go, so we tacked on 2 days at the end for Disney!
We did that a few years ago, were just going to do Universal but after an evening in Downtown Disney had to add a MK day :goodvibes Not sure I'll get my Thanksgiving report started before you go but try to catch the Christmas parade in Universal, it was awesome!

Have fun! I hope there's a little left over pixie dust from your last trip to spread around over Thanksgiving.
Um, I wish there had been some left over pixie dust too :rolleyes1 lol but thank you!

I hope you have a fabulous Thanksgiving trip! And also hope we run into you at Boma! :)
I wish we'd run in to each other! We were seated right at 3 and were done at like 3:50 :( No way could I get the boys to hang around, but I hope you had a wonderful trip too and can't wait to hear about it if you do a TR :)

did you notice the hidden Mickey on the lower shelf of the trolley?
No! And I meant to buy us a Hidden Mickey book before we left and of course forgot. Definitely doing it next time we go.

I think today is your day…have an AMAZING trip! Can't wait to see how they top your Pixie Dust from this trip!!
Well you'll have to wait a bit longer because, not surprisingly, the pixie dust wasn't topped :laughing: Nor did I really expect it to be although it would have been nice, right?? Hope you had a nice Thanksgiving!

Thank you very much for this info! We were going to try finding it but when we looked it up, we realized it only happens right at noon apparently - and we were reading that at 11:58 on the opposite side of the park lol. I guess I'll have to go for his birthday again!
Darn, I guess I had the time wrong too. Oh well, yes you'll just have to go on his birthday again!

Hi kids, I'm back!
Hope everyone had an enjoyable holiday and you've manage to get yourselves into Christmas/holiday mode, whether it be decorating, shopping, or I guess maybe nothing?? Not me. We got back like 4 hours later than expected Sunday/Monday from our trip and I'm swamped with work - not a bad thing but time consuming - and I'm itching to do my decorating. Hoping to do it later this week as Chris has 2 travel games this weekend and we have a couple other things going on so my time is limited as all of ours is!

I will eventually get around to a dining report for our trip and possibly a TR; I'll decide by the time I finish this one :) Thank you for all your wishes for a good trip before I left! Kind of sad now as at this point I'm not going back for 5.5 months, but that's our EPIC girls' trip and I need lots of time to prepare anyway :cheer2: As for this trip, I have 3 more days to present to you! Sadly the pixie dust has all been presented so feel free to stop following me now if you want, I won't be offended :sad: although I did realize I've yet to share pics of the 2nd bedroom! So without further ado I give you, The Roy Disney Suite, Bedroom #2

If you stood in the foyer facing into the living room, the master suite was to the right and off to the left was the "guest" suite (half bath was before you enter the guest suite so kind of in the foyer with the living room). When you make the left turn into that hallway, to the left was this:

IMG_8559.JPG

Go back out and turn right for the door, left for the living room and go straight across to the master suite side.
First you'd come to the bathroom on the left:

IMG_8555.JPG

IMG_8556.JPG

And then straight ahead is the bedroom:

IMG_8552.JPG

IMG_8554.JPG

Again, huge! This room was so wasted lol, other than initially looking in to it we really only went in when I took the nightly chocolates off the pillows!

Our Own Wild Avatar Trek
Day 3 Part 2
Way back before the crazy holiday season started, I left off part way through our 3rd day. We'd finished lunch at Rose and Crown and were now headed to Animal Kingdom to use our "surprise" anytime FP that we'd just realized we had!

Unlike other anytime's we'd gotten in the past that would have an exclusion such as 7DMT, FEA, FOP, this one didn't have any, so we wanted to use it on FOP since we didn't have a FP for it this trip. One thing I forgot to mention was that originally, this was going to be our 4 park day, but as with most of our trips we'd decided sometime late the night before that we most likely wouldn't do that. I say this in pretty much every report, but I love changing up plans on the fly! So far no day of this trip had stayed the way I'd planned and we were fine with that. So while HS had always been 1st in the plan and Epcot 2nd, 3rd was going to be MK followed by dinner at Tiffins in AK. We'd cancelled Tiffins (regrettably) but we weren't feeling it; but we WERE feeling FOP and since the FP was anytime, I was feeling this first:

Mo'Ara Margarita: Sauza Conmemorativo Añejo Tequila, strawberry, blood orange, and strawberry boba balls

IMG_8817.JPG

My second favorite marg in the World right behind the smooth and greeny Avocado Margarita over in Epcot!

We walked around while I drank just taking in the sights and eventually made our way to FOP. The line was ridiculously long but we didn't think much of it since it's always long - until we got real close and noticed there was no SB time posted. The ride was down :( Ugh! All the way over here for nothing! Well, considering we had no other AK time planned I didn't really mind, and luckily the safari was only a 20 minute wait so we did that. Plus, the margarita. Here's my required safari pics as proof:

IMG_8826.JPG

S-T-E-L-L-A!!!!!!!!!

IMG_8828.JPG

Once done we checked FOP again and it was still down. We also knew that whenever it came back up even the FP line would be out of control, so we made the decision to leave unfortunately and headed to the buses for a resort break before completing our evening.

After a little relaxation and a quick change since it had been another 110 degree day, we were back in the lobby for our evening park adventure. The band was playing:

IMG_8833.JPG

so we listened for a bit before going outside to wait for our Minnie Van because even though we were at a monorail resort, Steve's patience for monorail-transfer-monorail-arrive at Epcot which is where we were headed back to was non-existent. And honestly, given the amount of times he just calls up a Minnie Van, I think he's in love with them..........

I made him do this:

stevecar.jpg

Because much like safari pictures this is required when you're at the G-Flo :thumbsup2

UP NEXT: A PRETTY SURPRISE BEFORE OUR MINNIE VAN ARRIVES!

Bummer about FOP, but at least you got a tasty margarita out of the trip ;) Loving the rest of your suite pictures!!!

The margarita looks really good even at 6:30am haha! I will need to try this one of these trips!

We loved coming and going from GF with the band and/or piano playing, so nice!

I hope you had a nice Thanksgiving Trip, I’m sure it was fun even with the crowds!

so we listened for a bit before going outside to wait for our Minnie Van because even though we were at a monorail resort, Steve's patience for monorail-transfer-monorail-arrive at Epcot which is where we were headed back to was non-existent. And honestly, given the amount of times he just calls up a Minnie Van, I think he's in love with them..........
It is really nice when you can catch the orchestra or piano player. I would think that it would be a nice perk of staying in the RPC.
We hated the monorail to Epcot when staying at the GF so we grabbed taxis, too. We always did a Mears taxi. It just seemed the easiest way to go since there is usually one sitting at the resorts. But the Minnie vans are definitely cuter. :)

Again, huge! This room was so wasted lol, other than initially looking in to it we really only went in when I took the nightly chocolates off the pillows!
And the soaps from the bathroom, right?!

img_8828-jpg.367374
Seriously, is there anything cuter than a little elephant butt?!

Hi Ariane!! Just doing the rounds to try to catch up with everyone around here! I did see some of your trip pics on FB and am always jealous of how often you guys make it down to WDW!!

I've yet to share pics of the 2nd bedroom! So without further ado I give you, The Roy Disney Suite, Bedroom #2

This blows me away. It looks incredible. I really wish though that there was a way to get two separate bedrooms where one has two beds like this, without being DVC or spending an arm and a leg to get it. I guess they want to encourage families who want more actual beds to book two rooms rather than getting everyone in the same room, but being Disney you would think they would do more to try to accommodate families who want to stay together but aren't gazillionnaires...I'm realizing this more now that I'm working as a travel agent...families of 5 must really have a hard time staying comfortably unless they are made of money!!

Anyway...back to your TR...that stinks that FOP was down when you had a free FP for it...sigh.

I'm glad you all enjoyed the few pictures of the Roy Disney suite I took!

Yeah, like those are the only ones I have :rotfl2: Like I said there are PLENTY more where those came from and I'll be posting them all, but before I do so I'm going to move on to our first TS meal of the trip.

Good-Bye My Shroomy Friend
Arrival Day, Part 4

We could NOT get over this suite. We were in shock, and in love, and full of excitement and gratitude. Steve doesn't do the DIS but I tell him when I read about people who get the upgrades and all the pixie dust FP's so of course we both wonder why it's never us - don't we all?? And now it was :goodvibes:goodvibes
As much as we both wanted to enjoy our surroundings, we were starving and we did have other Disney things we wanted to do! One was saying good-bye to a friend we'd made in March, dinner at Artist Point. By now you all know that come December it will no longer be a signature restaurant but a character meal. With pretty cool characters I admit, but I for one am mourning the loss of a signature we only discovered a few months ago and loved. I don't have high hopes for the food, although the menu does sound better than what I expected. I hadn't planned on AP for this trip, I was thinking more for Nov. with the kids because they both loved it in March, but when I heard it wouldn't be open in Nov. I quick booked it for Steve and I.

Once we were called in to the surprisingly (or not) packed Artist Point, we got right to ordering. But first, the bread:

View attachment 357914

All my dinner pics are dark because the restaurant was dark, but the bread was a really good sourdough multigrain with Disney's wonderful sea salt butter. The fantastic bread combined with our ravenous appetites means we both had like 3 pieces.

We had our drinks already from TL and I knew exactly what I wanted for my app; the star of the restaurant, the main reason for our Last Supper:
Smoked Mushroom Bisque
Chicory Pistou, Sunflower Seed, Salsify

View attachment 357915

Look. At. That. Bowl of amazingness. Friends, some of you may remember a dining report of mine from years ago where I stated that I don't like mushrooms, but that changed when I had this soup for the first time. This is the s**t! I always want to stick my face in here and lick every drop from the bowl but I refrain, begrudgingly. Our server told us that they were told the soup would still be available after the character meal began, so I'm hoping really really hard that it doesn't disappear from the Territory Lounge menu!
Steve got a salad:
Romaine Salad - Caesar Dressing, guanciale, cotija cheese, amaranth seed, cubeb pepper

View attachment 357916

This wasn't what Steve was expecting but he loved it.

Now we move on to our entrees!
We both got the same thing:

Filet Mignon - choice of house side
(not sure why my computer won't let me make filet mignon pink)

View attachment 357917

Yeah the onion looks weird but it didn't make the filet taste bad! This filet was like butter; butter a thousand times better than the Disney sea salt butter. Both were cooked perfectly and we both got mashed potatoes as our side which were smooooooth and creamy as could be:

View attachment 357918

This dinner was delicious! I wanted dessert, they're famous cobbler, but I was beyond full; we both were. We chatted a bit with our server Mary about the new character meal:
-she said some new decor was coming to make the restaurant look more "foresty"
-as I mentioned, the staff were told that "favorites" from the menu would still be available elsewhere
-they were also told that the food would be "above" that of other character meals, but.......she wasn't that hopeful about that.

I'm so glad we ate here again, it was a great 1st night meal and a nice good-bye to a quiet, cute, solid out of the way restaurant.

We did a quick walk through in the gift shop and then called a Minnie Van to take us back to the GF and our suite :cheer2:

BUT
before retreating for the night, we realized that the loooong ride from one resort to the other emptied our stomachs, and we needed to see what goodies the lounge had to offer at night!

See those cups in the middle? That's red velvet cake! I didn't believe it until I tried it for myself the next day :D

View attachment 357920

View attachment 357921

View attachment 357922

View attachment 357936

From 8-10 they have desserts and cordials and this was about 9:45, so we just caught the very end. There were quite a few people in the lounge though but no CM pouring wine, beer, etc. We did find out that all ya gotta do is ask for it; all ya gotta do is ask for anything at any time, which is exactly how it was when we stayed club level at WL.

Back with more pics shortly!
Check out this article that was released today about the concept of the new Artist Point character meal.
http://blogmickey.com/2018/11/photo...snow-white-artist-point-concept-art-released/
Your server was spot on about the more “forest-like” feel. Will be interesting. We actually have reservations there in Feb as Snow White is my daughter’s favorite Disney Princess and we prefer better meals! Lol

I will eventually get around to a dining report for our trip and possibly a TR; I'll decide by the time I finish this one

I hope you do one because I love reading your reports.

EPIC girls' trip

:jumping1: I am so excited for this trip!

to the left was this:

Wow! That room and bathroom is impressive just by itself!

Mo'Ara Margarita: Sauza Conmemorativo Añejo Tequila, strawberry, blood orange, and strawberry boba balls

I tried this in January and it wasn't my favorite. I'm not a fan of blood orange and it was a bit too tart for me. I would get it again but I prefer the Frozen Strawberry margarita in Mexico.

The ride was down :( Ugh! All the way over here for nothing!

:mad: Darn!

S-T-E-L-L-A!!!!!!!!!

I can't say that name without hearing Elaine from Seinfeld. :rotfl:

img_8797-jpg.365562

We didn't get there until 8:40 for the 9:00 opening so we were FAR from the front of the pack, and let me tell you that RD stampede is crazy! #notfun, we haven't done a RD race like that since pre-FP + TSMM fun!
20 minutes isn't bad at all given the stampede. We've only done rope drop stampede once (for TSMM too) and I'll never forget watching an amish couple try and cut in line in front of everyone.

Yum! Nothing like some good English fish and chips.

img_8809-jpg.365579

First, see that riata up there at 12:00? I could have eaten a huge soup bowl of that. This whole dish was amazing except for the peas that I find pretty disgusting (thanks for ruining those for me as a child, mom). The chicken was tender and the masala curry nice and spicy. The riata complimented this perfectly since it cooled you off after the chicken warmed you up. Really the riata, rice, and naan all balanced out the heat of the dish.
Love chicken masala but I don' think I've had it with peas either (though I don't have the love/hate relationship with them that you do). Peas and curry does seem an odd combo. Funny aside, my Dad hates chicken, peas, and rice so this would be his worst nightmare. We always knew when my Mom was mad at him when we were kids because that is exactly what she would make for dinner :-)

We ended up getting an anytime FP each remaining day of our trip and it would show up mid to late morning. Again, I don't know if this comes with the suite or it was just more pixiedust:!
Man, pixie dust much?????? You must have needed an umbrella since it was raining down on you so much :P

Kind of sad now as at this point I'm not going back for 5.5 months, but that's our EPIC girls' trip and I need lots of time to prepare anyway :cheer2:
Woohoo!!!!!!! Epic doesn't even describe it!

I say this in pretty much every report, but I love changing up plans on the fly! So far no day of this trip had stayed the way I'd planned and we were fine with that
You and me both sister. Of course I more like just planning on the fly since i have little to change, but flexibility and living in the moment is where its at!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter