Pixie Dust, or Pixie MOUNTAIN? A Grand (Roy) Disney TR *NEW TR LINK 8/11!*

Well, at least you got a Margarita!
Yes, that's the important part lol

Oh, no! How disappointing :(
It was since that's the only real reason we went over there, but at least we didn't have the kids with us. Then I would have never heard the end of it :rolleyes:

Bummer about FOP, but at least you got a tasty margarita out of the trip ;) Loving the rest of your suite pictures!!!
Thanks! We were at the GF last week on our trip and walked by the window of the Roy suite (sigh)...............boy did we miss it!

The margarita looks really good even at 6:30am haha! I will need to try this one of these trips!
:laughing: You should definitely try it, I don't think it's particularly too sweet!

I hope you had a nice Thanksgiving Trip, I’m sure it was fun even with the crowds!
It was interesting in a few ways! The decorations, especially in HS, were absolutely gorgeous and as usual the holiday vibe was great. Crowds weren't bad! Definitely not as bad as spring break I'll tell you that.

We hated the monorail to Epcot when staying at the GF so we grabbed taxis, too. We always did a Mears taxi. It just seemed the easiest way to go since there is usually one sitting at the resorts. But the Minnie vans are definitely cuter. :)
I just wrote this in another TR, but Steve and I aren't big fans of the monorail in general :duck:We find it too often way too crowded; we much prefer the boat at WL or being at an Epcot resort with the easy boat/walking access to Epcot and HS. I know many find a huge advantage to staying at monorail resorts and I understand that, but to us it's not so much a plus.

And the soaps from the bathroom, right?!
And the shampoo, and the conditioner, and the body lotion :P

Oh heck ya!!!!!!!
::yes::

Love this pic
Thank you!! Steve and I SO loved hanging out with you and Kathy on our trip last week :hug:

Hi Ariane!! Just doing the rounds to try to catch up with everyone around here! I did see some of your trip pics on FB and am always jealous of how often you guys make it down to WDW!!
Hey Kathy, great to see you back around here! I did manage to get down there quite a bit this year :goodvibes Next year I only have 2 trips planned so far, May with all my DIS friends and then Oct. for work but hoping to get a couple more in!

This blows me away. It looks incredible.
It was an amazing experience for sure and we're so thankful for it! It was unbelievable and I still can't believe we got to stay there :goodvibes

I'm realizing this more now that I'm working as a travel agent...families of 5 must really have a hard time staying comfortably unless they are made of money!!
I completely agree, I always feel bad quoting families of 5 and 6 especially at Disney.

Your server was spot on about the more “forest-like” feel. Will be interesting. We actually have reservations there in Feb as Snow White is my daughter’s favorite Disney Princess and we prefer better meals! Lol
She was, I guess sometimes management does give CM's the right information lol. I know lots of people are excited about it and I think having a character meals with these particular characters is a great idea! Just wish it wasn't AP :( However I do hope that reviews show the food is better than other character meals!

Sounds interesting - hope Ariane shares.
I will! And I'll do it here, I promise. Steve surprised me with something in the MK :goodvibes I have pictures and a video but none are uploaded yet so I'll get it done before I post again!

I've notice quite a few drinks with the boba balls - can you order the drinks without?
You know, I don't love the boba balls and always mean to ask for my margarita without them, then forget. But I bet you can.

I hope you do one because I love reading your reports.
Aw, thank you :hug: I want to, it just takes me so long to finish these babies up!

:jumping1: I am so excited for this trip!
You and me both!

I can't say that name without hearing Elaine from Seinfeld. :rotfl:
And now I'm hearing Elaine constantly since first reading your response :hyper:

We've only done rope drop stampede once (for TSMM too) and I'll never forget watching an amish couple try and cut in line in front of everyone.
OMG I love this vision.

Funny aside, my Dad hates chicken, peas, and rice so this would be his worst nightmare. We always knew when my Mom was mad at him when we were kids because that is exactly what she would make for dinner :-)
My mom made chicken A LOT; my dad liked it but not more than once or twice a week. It got to the point where he'd call before leaving work and ask me what mom was making, if I said chicken he'd come home with an empty Burger King or Taco Bell bag :rotfl2: Mom would not be amused.

You and me both sister. Of course I more like just planning on the fly since i have little to change, but flexibility and living in the moment is where its at!
We are
#socoolwefreezing

May with all my DIS friends and then Oct. for work but hoping to get a couple more in!

I soo wish I could join on that May trip, it's going to be so much fun!! I can't complain because I will probably be travelling in May..just sadly not to Disney!! But I will take what I can get and live vicariously in May!!

I completely agree, I always feel bad quoting families of 5 and 6 especially at Disney.

I wish that I could somehow design a hotel where there was just an entrance and two or three small bedrooms with a couple of bathrooms, each with two beds in them, who needs the living room lol! I know that hotels do things the way they do so that larger families get forced into booking two rooms or a suite, but even then it's hard to make everyone comfortable!!

I soo wish I could join on that May trip, it's going to be so much fun!! I can't complain because I will probably be travelling in May..just sadly not to Disney!! But I will take what I can get and live vicariously in May!!
Definitely makes it better that you'll be traveling anyway, but I wish you were coming!

I wish that I could somehow design a hotel where there was just an entrance and two or three small bedrooms with a couple of bathrooms, each with two beds in them, who needs the living room lol! I know that hotels do things the way they do so that larger families get forced into booking two rooms or a suite, but even then it's hard to make everyone comfortable!!
I have a family of 6 with a very limited budget, and everywhere they want to go they need 2 rooms which puts them over :( I hate having to tell them time and time again that where they want has no accommodations for 6 to stay together!

I have a family of 6 with a very limited budget, and everywhere they want to go they need 2 rooms which puts them over :( I hate having to tell them time and time again that where they want has no accommodations for 6 to stay together!

That is so hard. Even with a healthy budget if you have 3 or more small children it's pretty impossible to figure out what to do. Sad that they make travel kind of inaccessible.

Did I flip you guys out a little with my update title :laughing:

I Do and They Do; We ALL Do!
Day 3 Part 3

Before I continue with our 3rd day, I want to share a moment from our recent Thanksgiving trip if you don't mind :D Quick story, over the summer I lost the stone out of my engagement ring. Couldn't find it anywhere, I looked, Steve looked, I had friends looking days after I lost it! Nope, not insured. I decided I wanted one of the Disney Enchanted Collection rings and at one point we looked, but didn't get, and I figured whatever, at some point it'll be replaced. Usually my focus is buying crap for the boys! Anyway I picked out the Enchanted Disney Belle Diamond Rose engagement ring.​
Fast forward to our first full day in the parks last month; Magic Kingdom. We're walking down Main St. :cloud9: when Ricky says, "well, I guess we might as well stop for a picture since I know mom will make us at some point". This was weird since the boys HATE having their picture taken down there, but I only thought about it for a second before I jumped all over that and ran to a PP photographer. First the boys and I got some pictures, then the 4 of us, then just Steve and I which I was also surprised about. I looked at him like, "we're doing pictures alone? OK". And then............

See, not sure what's going on.............
ring1.jpg

Now I got it!
ring2.jpg

ring3.jpg

I swear I made these all smaller........................but here we are in all our already married, we know what we're in for happiness!
ring4.jpg

ring5.jpg

ring7.jpg

ring6.jpg

So yes, he "proposed" to me (again) in my Happy Place :love: and I did get my Belle rose ring, although I can't seem to get a good picture:

IMG_9549.JPG

Ignore my wrinkly, dry old hands! Also their on backwards because my new ring is a little big, need to have it sized, and no way was I going to chance losing it! It's much prettier in person :goodvibes

The photographer asked me what I said and I told her I said yes again, and then lots of guys younger than my stepsons were coming up to Steve telling him "good job, you'll be happy you finally did it" :rotfl: Oh honey, he's done it all right!
I have a video I posted on FB so I apologize to all of you who are FP friends with me for having to see all this again, and for those who aren't I have no idea how to upload a video here or I would've just done that. And you shouldn't be surprised I don't know how to upload a video..............Ricky carried the ring in his carry on backpack, both boys knew, and that's why Ricky brought up getting our picture taken. Yes I was shaking and crying!!! In the video you can hear people clapping, it's really neat.

I left off my last update with us stopping back at the GF for a quick break, and then heading to Epcot for the night. Steve wasn't feeling the monorail to monorail deal tonight so we'd called a Minnie Van, and funny enough, to go along with this update, this is what we were treated to when we went out front to wait! Well I was treated, Steve wasn't as in awe lol:

IMG_8837.JPG

IMG_8840.JPG

It came from the chapel, rode all around the front of the GF, over to the right side to the building where they were having their reception. So cool! Everyone out front was clapping and yelling congrats, this is the first time I've ever seen the carriage with a couple in it! I ended up seeing it 4 more times during our stay with 4 other Just Married couples in it!

Thanks for letting me brag, on to our Epcot evening when I return!

So yes, he "proposed" to me (again) in my Happy Place :love: and I did get my Belle rose ring, although I can't seem to get a good picture:
I did see this wonderful happening on FB but it is so nice to see it again! The pictures are amazing and the ring is GORGEOUS!!! Well done, Steve!!!

ring4-jpg.368751
I loved seeing the video on FB, and this picture is just the sweetest!!! Steve is so happy like, "yes!!!!!! I surprised her!!!!" :)

I always give Rob a hard time because he didn't get down on one knee when he proposed, so I always would say he still "owed me a knee." On our vow renewal trip in '16, he surprised me in front of a PP photographer at Animal Kingdom. It was so fun to see people stopping and clapping for us. So glad you got to experience this!!! and that ring is just amazing!

Love it!! I saw this on FB but nice to read the whole story here!!

this is the first time I've ever seen the carriage with a couple in it! I ended up seeing it 4 more times during our stay with 4 other Just Married couples in it!

So adorable!! Wish I'd known about Disney weddings way back when...

So cute!
Steve has the best laugh :D

Love these 2 :love:

What a beautiful ring!

It came from the chapel, rode all around the front of the GF, over to the right side to the building where they were having their reception. So cool! Everyone out front was clapping and yelling congrats, this is the first time I've ever seen the carriage with a couple in it! I ended up seeing it 4 more times during our stay with 4 other Just Married couples in it!
Thanks for sharing :hug:

The ring is absolutely beautiful, I love it and Belle is my favorite princess! How cool your family was in on it and help plan the surprise. I love your skirt, is it a sparkle skirt? So cute!

Hey I saw those bridles for the little white horses on my barn tour, lol! The carriage is so elegant!

What a cool surprise. Congrats on getting the new ring and a fun memory to go with it.

I actually like this picture the best. I'm not sure what you are thinking - but I could picture myself being annoyed and 'what are you doing?' before getting to the same reactions in the pictures that followed.

Does this mean you get to plan a Disney vow renewal trip? :laughing:

ring1-jpg.368748

We're walking down Main St. :cloud9: when Ricky says, "well, I guess we might as well stop for a picture since I know mom will make us at some point".
I love that all of the boys were in on it. I feel like it makes that much sweeter.

I looked at him like, "we're doing pictures alone? OK". And then............

ring1-jpg.368748
Ha! I love you face... Like umm we are already married...

Now I got it!
ring2-jpg.368749
The photopass guy totally captured your thought process.

You have certainly trained Steve well! He looks so happy to have surprised you.

no way was I going to chance losing it! It's much prettier in person :goodvibes
I can't wait to see it in person. Hopefully in the New Year. We won't be up your way till def after that.

Ricky carried the ring in his carry on backpack, both boys knew, and that's why Ricky brought up getting our picture taken.
OMG! Did he know how much that was?!?! I would have been so nervous to loose it.

Seriously, you re going to have to stop coming to Disney. Your last couple trips have been amazing. You aren't going to be able to top them all.

ring1-jpg.368748

Your face :rotfl:

Now I got it!
ring2-jpg.368749

ring3-jpg.368750

I swear I made these all smaller........................but here we are in all our already married, we know what we're in for happiness!
ring4-jpg.368751

ring5-jpg.368752

ring7-jpg.368754

ring6-jpg.368753

What a great guy! And fantastic pictures!

img_9549-jpg.368775

So gorgeous! ::yes::

Hi, I'm a long time lurker on your reports but I've never said hello. Thank you for sharing your experiences - I really enjoy reading them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts