Place to meet local friend with kids?

Oeg

Earning My Ears
During our upcoming trip to WDW I’m hoping to meet up with a friend who lives near Orlando. She’ll likely have at least some of her 4 kids with her (and I have my own 2 kids - all kids are 10 and under).

Any ideas where we might get together where we can catch up but keep the kids amused? We’re staying at POFQ. I was wondering if we could host them there (maybe during one of the nightly campfires at POR) or maybe there’s a good place in Disney Springs? We don’t have transportation and she lives far enough away that asking her to get us, or getting an Uber, isn’t really feasible. I’ve never even been to orlando before so am clueless!

Disney Springs would be great. Would the kids like to bowl?? They could play a game while the adults watch and visit. Fort Wilderness campfire is a good idea but I'm not sure you'll be able to visit as it can get a little noisy.

If you are looking for somewhere outside of WDW, we met family once at the Orlando Science Center. My ODD was 2 at the time at it was a little young for her but they had a Sesame Street exhibit back then. I would love to take her back now that she's older.

You could go to AKL and let the kids look at the animals while you get together.

Playground. Have her come to the resort, then take the boat over to POR and play there; it's huge and lots of fun, and has nice benches when the adults can hang out while the kids wear themselves out on the equipment. The food court is nearby, so it's easy to get snacks.

One other option would be mini-golf, if the kids are old enough to play. I recommend Winter-Summerland if you do that; the Fantasia course is really challenging for young kids, and would probably frustrate them.

I really don't recommend Disney Springs unless you plan to do something like bowling. It's mostly about restaurants and shopping, and both of those things are likely to make the kids restless or develop a mad case of the gimmees.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts