Planning A Solo Trip In Sept

PeteG

Earning My Ears
Hello all!

Just joined the forum today! I'm planning my first (literally-my first time ever!) trip to WDW for a week in September. I'm looking forward to any advice, insight & tips anyone can give to this Disney newbie. Starting with must do rides, must see attractions, food & Disney Springs activities, and anything else you can feel free to add. Thanks in advance!

Hello all!

Just joined the forum today! I'm planning my first (literally-my first time ever!) trip to WDW for a week in September. I'm looking forward to any advice, insight & tips anyone can give to this Disney newbie. Starting with must do rides, must see attractions, food & Disney Springs activities, and anything else you can feel free to add. Thanks in advance!
:welcome: to DISboards! And :welcome: to Disney World!

I’ll begin with just one must do attraction at each park, and I’ll start with the most awesome ride of all......

Flight of Passage- Animal Kingdom
Mickey’s Philharmagic- Magic Kingdom
Soarin’ - Epcot
Toy Story Mania- Hollywood Studios

The best nighttime fireworks show is Happily Ever After at Magic Kingdom

Enjoy a Casey’s hot dog during HEA and get a waffle bowl sundae from the Plaza ice cream shop afterwards.

Of course there are so many more things to experience, but there’s a must do start! Enjoy!

I did my first trip to the World in Sept 2007 - solo, 10 days. I had just turned 51.

My advice is to drop the idea of must do/must see. Do some research but walk into each park with wonder and explore everything you have time for. Leave wanting to see more.

I did my first Disney Trip in January as a solo. It was a lot of fun!

My biggest piece of advice is to know what you like and be sure to plan any of your must-do things well in advance. So if there's a specific restaurant, tour or show (like Hoop-Dee-Doo) that you want, be sure to book it as soon as you can. Certain things, like Cinderella's Royal Table can get hard to get into and certain rides like Flight of Passage get all of their fast passes taken the first day.

I'm a planner, so I planned every day down pretty good and it worked really well for me. I know that this strategy may not work for everyone. Also, be sure to get your Fast Passes picked as soon as possible. You can change your mind later. Also, the earlier you get your 3 fastpasses done in a day, the sooner you can use your extra fastpasses. You can keep getting more until the park closes and you can register for a new one as soon as you scan your magic band at the ride.

If you have the endurance, get there before rope drop and drag your feet after the park closes. The busses will be packed if you go straight there. Next time, I'm bringing disposable face masks for the trips.

-Animal Kingdom
Your first priority should be a fast pass to Flight of Passage. Kilimanjaro Safari is best at rope drop since that's when the animals are most active, the line is non-existent and the cars go the slowest. Be sure to utilize the singles line for the Expedition Everest rollercoaster.
Tiffins is my favorite restaurant at Animal Kingdom, by far. Pongu Pongu in Pandora has my favorite snack, the non-alcoholic Night Blossom.

-Epcot
I wouldn't use a fast-pass for Mission Space. I don't care for it and the line was a walk-on by the time the park was near closing time. It was also January. The line to the Frozen ride gets really short near closing, so it may be a good time to ride it then. Soarin' also has no line near the end of the day.
My favorite restaurants at Epcot were Chefs de France, Askerhaus Princess Breakfast and Garden Grill.

-Magic Kingdom
The rollercoasters are all great to use your fast passes, but Big Mountain Thunder Railroad's line gets pretty short near the end of the day. Seven Dwarfs Mine Train and Space Mountain were always long, but they were shorter at road drop.
I loved Cinderella's Royal Table and the Dole Whip is really good.

-Hollywood Studios
This is kind of a weird park for me. They were under a lot of construction while I was there, but Toy Story Land will be open by the time you get there. Next time I go I'm probably going to try to use one fast pass for the Slinkey-Dog Coaster, one on Toy Story Mania (if possible) and Rock n Roller Coaster. Be sure to use the singles line in Rock n Roller Coaster.
I liked the Prime Time Café the best, even more so than the much more expensive Brown Hat Derby.

Most of all, have fun and know thyself. If you want to be more relaxed than me, be more relaxed. If you want to get up at rope drop and end the day after Midnight like I did with the Disney After Dark thing in January, do that. It's your vacation.

I did my first trip to the World in Sept 2007 - solo, 10 days. I had just turned 51.

My advice is to drop the idea of must do/must see. Do some research but walk into each park with wonder and explore everything you have time for. Leave wanting to see more.

This is such good advice I might steal it in the future. My "must do and must eat" may not be anyone else's and other people's certainly aren't mine. I will say, you will be there during F&W so make sure you spend some time at Epcot and enjoy that.

I will say, you will be there during F&W so make sure you spend some time at Epcot and enjoy that.
I was there Sept 2017. I ate SO much food and tried so many different wines that I swear I gained 10lbs. in five days.

This time around NO dining reservations in Epcot - only stall to stall trying everything!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter