Planning a trip to Grand Canyon- have a few questions

perdidobay

<font color=green>Will work for travel ;-)<br><fon
DH has never been to the Grand Canyon, and it has been 46 years since I have been - I was 6!
We would like to go next June and visit the GC, and Sedona area.
My parents live near Alburquerque and so we will fly into ABQ and visit them for 2 days and then drive I-40 west. I have been looking on a map and it looks like Williams AZ may be a good area to spend the night for a few days. I'd like us to stay at El Tovar for at least one night, and then stay at Williams AZ as a base for visiting Sedona. We want to use our Marriott points and there is a Fairfield Inn in Williams. Their website says it's 36 miles to Sedona from Williams.
Any input to this plan would be helpful as any ideas on what to see and do in the Sedona area would be much appreciated!

I live in AZ and I would suggest that you enter the GC from the east enterance, near CAmeron, AZ and then you can exit from the West. If you haven't already you should make your El Tovar reservations now! It books a year in advance. If you can not get the dates you want I would suggest you keep calling (don't rely on the website) to check for cancelations. ALso I think you need at least a couple of nights in the Canyon, in my opinion. Also I really think Williams would just be too far of a base for Sedona, did you check to see if there is a Fairfield Inn in Sedona.

Thanks for the info...I haven't checked to see if there are any marriott properties in Sedona yet. I'd better start booking some places. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter