Planning for 2018

Rustysmom

DIS Veteran
Hi all! I haven't been here for a while. We haven't been able to plan any trips due to employment problems, but now DH and I are both working full time again, and boy, do we need a vacation!
We are planning a few days at Disney next summer, and then maybe a Disney cruise after it.

I'm looking forward to reading all about your trips and what's new at Disney.

We're planning for next summer too.

No vacation this summer so we're doing WDW next year. We're doing a week at the Beach Club in July, and I can't wait!

I am not planning for the Summer but fall/winter. I really want to see the switch over from Halloween to the beginning of Christmas. I think the castle decorated in the Christmas lights is absolutely stunning!

OK, so let's talk ;)

I'm a teacher married to a teacher with 3 kids who are students; we go over the summer.

We're going back to the Beach Club. We LOVE it there-- the Epcot/ DHS access is remarkable. I love the whole vibe, even the smell as you walk into the lobby. And a standard room will accommodate all 5 of us, even my 6'3" son on the day bed.

We're incredibly fortunate this year-- our niece now works for Disney Imagineering in CA. She was kind enough to extend her discount to us, so she's saved us $1600 on our trip.

My younger daughter loves Stormalong Bay in general, her 17 year old sister has the BEST time playing water volleyball there with the other teens.

We're doing 8 day parkhoppers, and we're on the DDP. The one time we opted out of the DDP I felt as though we were hemorrhaging money. Whether it saves us money or we break even, it's absolutely worth it for us for the peace of mind it gives me. We love that one sit down meal per day-- it kind of forces us to stop running and just BE as a family.

We are planning for November of 2018. I'm just over here waiting for the 2018 military discounts to come out so I can start getting everything squared away. I have only been once for the Christmas decorations, but my husband and kids have never been in the Fall so I'm really excited to get some great plans together.

We are planning for November of 2018. I'm just over here waiting for the 2018 military discounts to come out so I can start getting everything squared away. I have only been once for the Christmas decorations, but my husband and kids have never been in the Fall so I'm really excited to get some great plans together.

I would love to go when they have the Christmas Decorations....Maybe 2019 :)

Magic cruise for oct 29 2018 and nov3 2018 back to back cruise me and my daughter are early in posting this because we are very excited. This is going to be our 10 and 11th cruise. We would like to join a fish extenter group. Can you believe it we have never done it before? DO not know what or how to go about it but would like to try it. Fish extenders looks like a lot of fun. Thank you for your help

Last edited:
Happy planning! My family is taking the year off this year, && will be back home in the magic Christmas 2018! Planning for me, is my favorite part! Can't wait to hear about your trip! ✨

I hope you and your family have a great trip . I love anything to do with disney. They go out of their way to make you feel like you are apart of their family. It brings out the hidden child in me. Take care.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!