Planning Questions...

DISDragonfly

Making memories...
Hi all!

I know you veterans out there will be able to help me with this...

First...what's the best deal on park tickets? Is it better to go with the DVC discount on length of stay passes, do they still do this? Or what? Help?

Second...how does the grocery thing work? Do you send them a list? What will they and won't they buy for you? How do you pay them? Is it worth it or should you just find a way to go on your own when you get there?

Third...how many of you rent cars when you get there? The last few times I've been, I have either used the buses, cabs, or rode with friends??

It's just me and my DBF, we're going for Valentine's. :love: We'll be staying at SSR, so I know we'll be in walking distance of DTD & PI and I don't really mind using the Disney Transportation to the parks, etc...it's just how do I get to the grocery store, etc. if I don't rent a car, but I'd hate to rent a car just for that if I can get DVC to get my groceries for me...

Sorry if I'm rambling...hehehe, long day. :badpc:

Thanks for you help in advance.

Hi there! The only DVC discount on passes for the parks would be for Annual Passes right now - so it'll depend on how many times you'll be using the passes in the following 12 months after your visit as to whether that's worth it to you or not. Other than that - if you are military - you can get that discount, or FL resident discount if you live there (didn't notice where you were from, sorry).
I believe you can fax an order directly to the resort - you can get the list of groceries from the resort in advance, and pay with your CC - you could call the front desk to arrange all of that. They have the basics - but the prices can be pretty high! If it saves you from renting a car, though - it might be worth it!
Others have used grocery delivery services to have groceries delivered directly to the resort waiting for them when they get there and have really liked this - hopefully some one will chime in on that - or you can search these threads for the info.
We've always just used the Disney transprtation - we even have our car there - but we park it and it doesn't move until we leave from our vacation! Usually all the busses and boats are quite sufficient, and to us it feels more like a vacation if we never drive!
Have fun! :flower:

DISDragonfly said:
...it's just how do I get to the grocery store, etc. if I don't rent a car, but I'd hate to rent a car just for that if I can get DVC to get my groceries for me...

I've never used the DVC grocery delivery or the Wegoshop that others here have recommended.

When we don't have our own car, we have rented sometimes and not bothered other times. This last trip I got a one-day rental with my Entertainment coupon for National. I spent $25 for the rental (picked it up at the Dolphin). It was worth it to me to spend that extra money to do my own grocery shopping. We went to the new Super Target because the products and layout are familiar since I shop at my local Super Target.

If you are familiar with Mousesavers.com I would suggest signing up for their monthly newsletter. On the 15th of each month, the newsletter will include a special URL for Ticketmania which offers a number of the latest Disney ticketing at discount prices.

Many DISers have reported positive results for Wegoshop, a shopping and delivery service.

HTH

WDW has completed changed their ticket media to what they call Magic Your Way ticket. It's a system that offeres a plethera of ticket choices.

There is no longer anything such as a length of stay (LOS) pass.

As mentioned, there is a DVC discount on annual passes (either regular or premium), but there are no discounts on any of the other MYW ticket options.

Lora said:
I've never used the DVC grocery delivery or the Wegoshop that others here have recommended.

When we don't have our own car, we have rented sometimes and not bothered other times. This last trip I got a one-day rental with my Entertainment coupon for National. I spent $25 for the rental (picked it up at the Dolphin). It was worth it to me to spend that extra money to do my own grocery shopping. We went to the new Super Target because the products and layout are familiar since I shop at my local Super Target.

Hi,

Does that mean you got an airport transfer to our resort, then took a WDW bus to the Dolphin hotel to get the car rental? What was the car rental company name? Are there other pickup pts at WDW?

Thanks! :Pinkbounc

We never rent a car, unless we are traveling to Vero. We typically arrange for transportation with Tiffany Towncar. They are great and will allow you a half-hour grocery stop on the way to your resort. We found SSR one of the best resorts for Disney transportation, because you can walk the five minutes to DD and catch a bus to any resort on property! We loved doing this in the evening! Have fun!

Thanks everyone. Tiffany Town car sounds like something I may look into. We were going to do normal transportation from the airport to SSR, but maybe we'll do the town car instead, especially if we can do a grocery stop first.... :Pinkbounc I am also going to check out Wegoshop.

So they aren't doing the LOS passes anymore? And there's no discount on the MYW tickets? Wow, that's a bummer....I haven't been since last October, but that's a lot to change since then. Shoot...that 10% helped and the LOS passes were awesome.

Well, I'll look into the MYW tix and mousesavers...thanks for those tips too.

Keep 'em coming... :wave2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter