Planning stress!

missj171

<font color=purple>I'm not a pint swigging electri
I'm still on my quest to find the cheapest way of having this wondeful holiday and it is so difficult! All the websites make it so hard to separate out the prices you want from the all the special offers that don't apply to you anyway. We're flexible about when we go within a few weeks, but you have to check each date individually- grr!

Anyone got any recs for a good website that makes this easier? Want to check out hotels and eurostar prices for different dates in September, including comparing prices for packages and separate parts. Am i asking too much!?

I was really impressed with Sundeal - they have absolutely amazing deals on and the lovely lady (Carrie, she was called) gave me a ring back at 9pm on a Friday night! That's dedication for you. ;)

To give you an idea of the sort of prices, the package I was looking at was £289 per person for four nights and five days (this was the 4 for 3 offer) in Hotel Cheyenne, including Eurostar travel! This was leaving on October 5th and returning on the 10th.

And the one I'm looking at now is Leisure Direction which Bonnie recommended to me, which Miffy2003 recommended to her! It has all the prices for different times of year up on the website, but they don't seem to be 100% accurate so I would phone to confirm, if I were you.

Good luck!:flower:

just checked out Sundeal- they have some good offers but alas none during Sept and going by Eurostar- your deal sounds really good though!

Leisure Direction I've looked at before but they did not beat the price of booking Eurostar and hotels separately!

I think I just want someone to come to me and say "here you go, a 3 night holiday for £50 each, and why dont I give you £500 spending money while im here" ....wishful thinking!

missj171 said:
I'm still on my quest to find the cheapest way of having this wondeful holiday and it is so difficult! All the websites make it so hard to separate out the prices you want from the all the special offers that don't apply to you anyway. We're flexible about when we go within a few weeks, but you have to check each date individually- grr!

Anyone got any recs for a good website that makes this easier? Want to check out hotels and eurostar prices for different dates in September, including comparing prices for packages and separate parts. Am i asking too much!?

Try Leger Holidays. The site is www.leger.co.uk

I was going to say Leisure Direction but you've beaten me to it ;)

We travel in school holidays (unfortunately, from a cost perspective) and LD are 99% of the time cheaper than booking separately :)

Fingers crossed you get someone
say "here you go, a 3 night holiday for £50 each, and why dont I give you £500 spending money while im here"
LOL

I think Leisure Direction and Leger etc. dont beat the separate prices as we are able to get youth Eurostar tickets - so cheaper. I guess I should be grateful for that and stop complaining! I assume that the prices with packages assume you are a 'proper' adult and not a student/youth so charge accordingly.

Ive subtracted the cost of the hotels from official site from the various packages and found we would be paying a lot more for the eurostar than if we booked it through them. Unless anyone knows if any of these companies are able to factor in youth discounts to their quotes?

You can only ask! I must admit I didn't even know a youth discount existed so can't help with your question.

Good luck :)

Have to say booking separately travel and hotels; especially with annual passport or shareholders discount, we have always found cheaper option.

Reid

Okay after painstakingly checking all the prices for all the trains and planes and automobiles that I could possibly take I came to a remarkably simple conclusion!

-----
I thought I was onto something with easy jet flights to CDG from less than £15.. but as usual these things are deceiving!
-Add in the taxes and whoosh, double the price.
-Add in the inconvenience factor of getting to Luton
-Add in the even more inconvenient flight times
-Add in the cost& time from CDG to DLP
= not so bargainous as I thought!

So Option One was:
Train there (£30) Plane back (£21.98) Book hotel & park tixs with dlp.com. Doesnt include the cost of getting to and from Luton and CDG

Option Two:
Eurostar there and back (at convenient times!) book it all (hotels inc. park tix) through eurostar.com Only additional costs (except food etc. of course) is the £4 train ticket to Waterloo.

And the price difference, a measly £8! All my price hunting didn't really pay off, but at least I have the satisfaction of knowing I did my best. I think we'll be going with the Eurostar option!!

Unfortunately my OH is away at the moment, and I cant book until they come back - it better not go up in price! Im going to be extremely geeky and make her a summary of my findings now- sad things get me excited i tell you!

So the moral of the story is: Eurostar really does have great prices. And beware false bargains!

One last question: if you book through Eurostar, not through DLP, do you get the service where they take your luggage to the hotel while you go play? Or is that just for people who book euro* packages through Disney?

You don't get that Disney Express bonus unless you book a package with Disney but some people have paid extra (I think) to use it on the homeward journey. I'm sure at least one of them will reply to this post in due course. Glad you got it all sorted - it is a bit of a maze isn't it? But it'll be well worth it when you get there! :sunny:

Thanks diberry!

If you dont get Disney Express can you still leave your stuff in the hotel when you check out so you can go enjoy the parks for a few more hours?

Yes, it says in the DLP brochure that all the hotels (except Davy Crockett) have a left luggage room.

Thanks Ware Bears - I guess I could have found that out myself :blush:

Glad about that, don't want to be lumbered down!

We always leave ours at the left luggage lockers at the station so we don't have to go back to the hotel. You have to pay but they're enormous and take at least 2 suitcases - cost 8 Euros I think (on the top floor but there are lifts).

We always fly with Easyjet booked as far in advance as possible. From Belfast it costs £50 return each including all taxes etc.. I always book accomodation and park passes direct on the DLP website and always a 4 for 3 offer. Don't know how this compares to Eurostar but I think its pretty darn good!

The prices for easyjet were very similar to eurostar, about £5 cheaper i think, but it would cost more than that difference to do the journeys to and from the airports, whereas we live very near waterloo intl. They were good prices though, i would fly with them if we were going for longer, but their times are either too early for us to possibly get there, or would mean missing loads of both the day we go and the day we come back. So eurostar it is!

I wish they did a 3 for 2 offer this time of year! But im just greedy! We may try and extend our stay by getting a cheapish hotel in Paris for the 3rd night - still have to do the sums for that though!

We always extend our holiday by spending an extra night or two. Last year we spent an extra night at the Kyriad at Disney and this year an extra night at Holiday Inn for £65 euro per room. We have booked at Christmas for an extra two nights at Holiday Inn at £65/room/night. We are going to do a bit of sightseeing in Paris. Taking the two extra nights at the beginning of the holiday. It means we get to see Paris for the first time and also make the most of the park opening times.

Thats a really good idea to have an extra night at the beginning of the hol, that way you can use ur first days pass for a whole day, not just an afternoon. and 65 euro aroom is a great price!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter