Platinum Check In with First Timers

happiestgrl

Mouseketeer
I am Platinum and will be taking my adult son and his girlfriend on their first cruise. Can anyone share their check-in experience at Port Canaveral in a situation like this? Will we all be able to check in at platinum desk?

I am Platinum and will be taking my adult son and his girlfriend on their first cruise. Can anyone share their check-in experience at Port Canaveral in a situation like this? Will we all be able to check in at platinum desk?
Are they in their own room? Or sharing yours?

Same room - everyone can go to the Platinum desk.
Different rooms - it's possible for both to go to Platinum desk, you'd have to ask the CM there..

One note, often the "regular" line is quicker than the Platinum one.

Thanks for the replies. They will have their own cabin.
Just a note, that they will also have their own online check in window. So you cannot book for them anything when you do checkin for Platinum. You can still reserve a Cabana and then add them later. But no excursions nor onboard activities.

We have used Platinum check in with others who were not platinum in PC. They had their own cabin and our reservations were linked. Once in Miami we were not allowed to check them in with us. I guess it all depends on who is manning the check in desks and the port.

In Vancouver, 3 of our 4 staterooms were silver, one was platinum. We were instructed to have the silver folks wait in the returning cruisers (non-Platinum) line. We gladly obliged. I’d check with one of the CMs in the terminal.

In Vancouver, 3 of our 4 staterooms were silver, one was platinum. We were instructed to have the silver folks wait in the returning cruisers (non-Platinum) line. We gladly obliged. I’d check with one of the CMs in the terminal.
That’s my plan. Thanks!

So, I Usually travel with friends who are platinum and never have issues checking in with them there. We just hit Gold ourselves (Hooray!) We travel as a group and are linked for dining and everything. It seems to kinda depend on the day honestly and who at the port you talk to.

Someone above mentioned that often checking in at the regular lines can be faster. I have definitely had this experience. Often times the concierge check in is REALLY slow.

Enjoy your cruise!

Platinum too, but we seldom go to the concierge checkin. We check in with our family who are gold. However, while we go at #1, they will not let our family board with us, which is ok. They are usually right behind us, so we wait and take pictures when they are announced.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter