Playground in Epcot?

LMHB

Mouseketeer
I need a place in each park for my 1.5 and 3.5 yr olds to run off steam. Does Epcot have a playground? I know the MK has Tom Sawyer Island and AK has the Boneyard. MGM has the Bug place, but I was bummed to hear that it will be closed during our trip in late Oct (that is, crossing our fingers that we still will go in light of yesterday & today, we'll see...). Any other suggestions for a place to "run" in MGM would be appreciated. I think I read that ASMovies has a playground so at least we will have that! Thanks!!

When my sister was there in May with her 2 little ones, she found a playground at Epcot that even I didn't know about!! She can't remember where it was, but from the looks of her video, I'm guessing it was in Norway, in the World Showcase. It defenitely was Epcot. Maybe someone here can confirm this for you. It looked like a really fun playground and the kids had a ball!

There is a play area in Norway that has a viking boat for the kids to play on. Also, there is a cute little maze in England--fun for kids and easy for parents to keep an eye on them.
There is a miniature train between Italy and Germany which my kids can watch and follow for hours. If it is warm/hot and you don't mind wet kids, there is a pop-up fountain at the entrance from Future World to World Showcase. There is also a misting area by Test Track and just past China.
At night (actually they are there in the day too, but are hard to see), there are fibre-optic lights in the cement by both Innoventions buildings--kids love to run around and chase the lights.
Epcot is so vast, kids can walk and run around almost anywhere without getting in the way. After all, some say Epcot stands for Every Person Comes Out Tired or Every Parent Carries One Toddler.

There is a Fire Engine that the kids can climb on in MGM, near Al's toy Barn and Mama Melrose
It's in a small walkway.

Desnik, if your sister was there in May, she might have been at a special playground that was put up as part of the flower/ garden festival that was going on at that time. There was a FABULOUS playground on the back side of the WS....I forget exactly where....near Morocco I believe. Anyway, that was only temporary (bummer too, 'cause it was awesome).......

MGM has the Bug place, but I was bummed to hear that it will be closed during our trip in late Oct (that is, crossing our fingers that we still will go in light of yesterday & today, we'll see...).

Honey I shrunk the Kids Playground is still going down for rehab. I got to see the new look for the playground today.....very nice....the dates it will be down is Oct 14th-Dec 1st...

Don't know if this has been mentioned already but in England there is a hedge maze along side the band stand. Just don't let them run while the British Invasion is actually playing, I think that is so rude.

We were there in early June and there was a playground in the back of WS - I am thinking in the area between Italy and Germany. Now this may well have been the temp. one that others have mentioned as F & G Fest had just ended. It looked really neat - a big geometric looking monkey bar type thing. It was yellow. Anyone know? My kids really wanted to play on it - but we were on our way to dinner or something else and didn't stop. My kids also loved the Viking Ship and the hedge maze, BTW.

yes ABCmom...that was the one that was temporary. Bummer, eh? It was really nice! AND in a great location!

My kids loved the Nordic ship and the maze. Also the area near test track has soaking fountains so beware! My kids did enjoy playing on some of the innoventions games and to be honest the Body pavillion was kind of deserted so the ran around and played with the hands on exhibits. Have fun

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter