Please critique my itinerary - wheelchair-accessible rides

DisneyWishes14

DIS Veteran
I want to thank everyone on this thread who have already chimed in regarding wheelchair-accessible rides and strategies for obtaining return times, where entrances are located, etc.

Our FP+ window opens tomorrow and I was hoping to get some feedback on the itinerary I've put together. One young man in our party cannot transfer from his wheelchair. This is his 20th birthday trip and no one in our party are park commandoes. We will take it slowly and probably only spend half-days in the parks. In addition to riding the wheelchair accessible rides, I need to mindful of where the first aid stations are as his mom would like to utilize a private cot area to change him. I've done this itinerary mostly on my own as his family has an emergency at the moment and, while I know their park priorities, I've never traveled with someone in a wheelchair before and I feel quite clueless. My goal is to make sure he has a great time! Your thoughts and advice are GREATLY appreciated!

Here is what I have planned:

Day 1 - Magic Kingdom (arrive around 11 am)
11 am - 12 noon - FP+ for Buzz (this is his favorite ride and number 1 request!)
12 pm - 1 pm - FP+ for Small World (we will need to utilize the wheelchair entrance)
1:10 pm CRT (his birthday meal request!)
May need to go to first aid by Casey's after lunch
Get a Jungle Cruise return time after lunch
3:00 pm - 4:00 pm - FP+ for Aladdin for young man and others, FP+ for Splash for his sister and dad
All meet up to ride Jungle Cruise
End of park day

Day 2 - Hollywood Studios (arrive around 11 am)
11 am - FP+ for 11:30 am Frozen Sing-a-long (another birthday request)
12 pm - 1 pm - FP+ for TSMM for birthday boy and two others, FP+ for SDD (if I can get it) for rest of party
1:35 pm - HBD ADR
Not sure about 3rd FP+
(I'm nervous this might be too much running around when we arrive. My other thought was to push the TSMM and SDD FP+ to 11:30 am and do the 3:30 pm Frozen show to give us more of a time cushion. I'm concerned because the first aid station is all the way at the front of the park Any thoughts?)

Day 3 - Epcot (arrive around 2 pm)
1:45 pm - 2:45 pm - FP+ Soarin' for some, FP+ Living with the Land for birthday boy and 2 others
2:45 pm - 3:45 pm - FP+ Nemo
3:45 pm - 4:45 pm - FP+ Journey into Imagination
(utilize Odyssey first aid as we head into WS)
5:25 pm - Akershus ADR
ride Gran Fiesta or walk around WS
8:00 pm - Frozen dessert party (this is for his sisters as we know he cannot ride Frozen)
(Any thoughts on a good way to get back to the Contemporary after FEA? I know we could do EP monorail to resort monorail. Would we be better off heading out of IG and trying to get the accessible Minnie Van? Is there a bus to Contemporary from EP?)

Day 4 - Magic Kingdom (arrive around 11 am)
11 am - 12 pm - FP+ Under the Sea for birthday boy and others, 7DMT for rest of party
grab a return time for Small World
12:35 pm - BOG ADR
1:30 pm - 2:30 pm - FP+ for Winnie the Pooh (I could also replace this with Small World if you think our return time for Small World would expire if we got it prior to BOG)
2:30 pm - 3:30 pm - FP+ for Buzz
5:15 pm - Spirit of Aloha

Thank you so much for reading and for any advice you have!

I'd probably do Voyage of the Little Mermaid for my 3 DHS pass. But I love that show and I often find myself waiting for the next show if I do standby.

Maybe do the Character Spot in EPCOT instead of Journey Into Your Imagination? If he likes characters.

I don’t have answers for ur specific questions but wanted to say that your Plans sound wonderful with some very special treats and experiences. Sounds like there will be many great memories from this trip.
Happy Birthday Wishes in advance.
Pixie dust to you all for a Spectacular Visit. Enjoy

I want to thank everyone on this thread who have already chimed in regarding wheelchair-accessible rides and strategies for obtaining return times, where entrances are located, etc.

Our FP+ window opens tomorrow and I was hoping to get some feedback on the itinerary I've put together. One young man in our party cannot transfer from his wheelchair. This is his 20th birthday trip and no one in our party are park commandoes. We will take it slowly and probably only spend half-days in the parks. In addition to riding the wheelchair accessible rides, I need to mindful of where the first aid stations are as his mom would like to utilize a private cot area to change him. I've done this itinerary mostly on my own as his family has an emergency at the moment and, while I know their park priorities, I've never traveled with someone in a wheelchair before and I feel quite clueless. My goal is to make sure he has a great time! Your thoughts and advice are GREATLY appreciated!

Here is what I have planned:

Day 1 - Magic Kingdom (arrive around 11 am)
11 am - 12 noon - FP+ for Buzz (this is his favorite ride and number 1 request!)
12 pm - 1 pm - FP+ for Small World (we will need to utilize the wheelchair entrance)
1:10 pm CRT (his birthday meal request!)
May need to go to first aid by Casey's after lunch
Get a Jungle Cruise return time after lunch
3:00 pm - 4:00 pm - FP+ for Aladdin for young man and others, FP+ for Splash for his sister and dad
All meet up to ride Jungle Cruise
End of park day

12 pm - 1 pm - FP+ for TSMM for the birthday boy and two others, FP+ for SDD (if I can get it) for rest of party
Not sure about 3rd FP+
(I'm nervous this might be too much running around when we arrive. My other thought was to push the TSMM and SDD FP+ to 11:30 am and do the 3:30 pm Frozen show to give us more of a time cushion. I'm concerned because the first aid station is all the way at the front of the park Any thoughts?)

1:45 pm - 2:45 pm - FP+ Soarin' for some, FP+ Living with the Land for the birthday boy and 2 others
8:00 pm - Frozen dessert party (this is for his sisters as we know he cannot ride Frozen)
(Any thoughts on a good way to get back to the Contemporary after FEA? I know we could do EP monorail to resort monorail. Would we be better off heading out of IG and trying to get the accessible Minnie Van? Is there a bus to Contemporary from EP?)

Day 4 - Magic Kingdom (arrive around 11 am)
11 am - 12 pm - FP+ Under the Sea for the birthday boy and others, 7DMT for rest of party
grab a return time for Small World
12:35 pm - BOG ADR
1:30 pm - 2:30 pm - FP+ for Winnie the Pooh (I could also replace this with Small World if you think our return time for Small World would expire if we got it prior to BOG)
2:30 pm - 3:30 pm - FP+ for Buzz
5:15 pm - Spirit of Aloha

Thank you so much for reading and for any advice you have!

Hi, DisneyWishes14. Wow, I wish that I could be so organized as you are. It all looks wonderful.

I'm hoping you have the ADRs already made? Those can be booked 180 days in advance, and some places fill up fast! I'd have your ADRs lines up, then shuffle your FP+ around to accommodate the dates you were able to get?

If you do have the ADRs already, I'd just make sure you have the wiggle room for the after meal FP+ so you don't have to rush.

Thank you so much everyone!! I made the FP+ this morning and except for not being able to get SDD (which I think everyone will be fine with), I was able to get everything listed in the plan! I will, hopefully, be able to talk to the birthday boy's mom next week to go over everything. I think with some of the less popular rides, I may be able to move some things around if need be. Fingers crossed it will all work out and he'll have a fantastic time!!

I'm hoping you have the ADRs already made? Those can be booked 180 days in advance, and some places fill up fast! I'd have your ADRs lines up, then shuffle your FP+ around to accommodate the dates you were able to get?

If you do have the ADRs already, I'd just make sure you have the wiggle room for the after meal FP+ so you don't have to rush.

Yes, thank you so much! I made the ADR's, it seems like, years ago! His biggest wish was to ride Buzz Lightyear and eat in the castle, so we've got that covered! And thank you for the advice on the wiggle room. I am going to try to get a better sense from his mom about how much time it takes them to move around the park and then I'll tweak from there.

Thank you to all on this forum - you have been incredibly helpful! I so appreciate your time and advice!

Thank you so much everyone!! I made the FP+ this morning and except for not being able to get SDD (which I think everyone will be fine with), I was able to get everything listed in the plan! I will, hopefully, be able to talk to the birthday boy's mom next week to go over everything. I think with some of the less popular rides, I may be able to move some things around if need be. Fingers crossed it will all work out and he'll have a fantastic time!!

Yes, thank you so much! I made the ADR's, it seems like, years ago! His biggest wish was to ride Buzz Lightyear and eat in the castle, so we've got that covered! And thank you for the advice on the wiggle room. I am going to try to get a better sense from his mom about how much time it takes them to move around the park and then I'll tweak from there.

Thank you to all on this forum - you have been incredibly helpful! I so appreciate your time and advice!

Don't forget - keep checking for those ADRs and FPs that you didn't get, because people cancel or change their plans all the time. Continue checking, even after you arrive at WDW - we have scored some "impossible to get" ADRs and FPs every single trip, simply because we check the app a couple of times a day (usually at meals and breaks) to see what may have opened up!

Have a great trip! :)

12 pm - 1 pm - FP+ for TSMM for birthday boy and two others, FP+ for SDD (if I can get it) for rest of party
Not sure about 3rd FP+
I wouldn’t be that worried about it bring a long way to First Aid.
Hollywood Studios is so compact that it really doesn’t take long to get to First Aid from any point in the park. I’d schedule more around the time she would need to be changing him than where you will be.

1:45 pm - 2:45 pm - FP+ Soarin' for some, FP+ Living with the Land for birthday boy and 2 others
There are no buses stopping at IG. So, you would need to go to one of the Boardwalk area resorts to catch a bus.
You would be closer walking to the front and taking the monorail. Just don’t leave right away - hang around for a while and let the crowd leave ahead of you. Wait until the crowd going by you slows down and you will have a much more walk out and much less crowded Transportation.
I don’t think there is a bus directly to Contemporary, but not sure.

I wouldn’t be that worried about it bring a long way to First Aid.
Hollywood Studios is so compact that it really doesn’t take long to get to First Aid from any point in the park. I’d schedule more around the time she would need to be changing him than where you will be.

There are no buses stopping at IG. So, you would need to go to one of the Boardwalk area resorts to catch a bus.
You would be closer walking to the front and taking the monorail. Just don’t leave right away - hang around for a while and let the crowd leave ahead of you. Wait until the crowd going by you slows down and you will have a much more walk out and much less crowded Transportation.
I don’t think there is a bus directly to Contemporary, but not sure.

Thank you so much for your response! I am going to see his mom this upcoming week to go over the itinerary I put together. I will tweek things based on when she will need to change him. Thank you for the info regarding first aid in DHS!

Ok - great advice on getting back to CR from EP! We are doing the Frozen Dessert party that evening, so hopefully crowds will have thinned out a bit by the time his sisters ride FEA after Illuminations. I'll post on the transportation thread to see if there is a bus from the front of EP to CR. If not, we'll just plan to use the monorail. I don't want to chance the Minnie Vans.

Thank you so much for all of your help!

I don't see CR listed:

aecqw195.jpg

Thanks,
DisneyOma.
My thought was that the WDW resorts that are on the monorail line don’t have buses to/from Epcot.

Thanks,
DisneyOma.
My thought was that the WDW resorts that are on the monorail line don’t have buses to/from Epcot.

You're welcome. That might be an old sign though. They will run buses if the monorail is having issues.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter