Please Explain the Hotel/Resort Scene For Tokyo DL and DS!

HermanTriplets+1

DIS Veteran
Hi DISers!
When I visit WDW in Orlando I usually stay at a Value Resort in order to feel inside the Disney Bubble but not spend too much of my vacation money on the hotel. Can anyone give me a summary of the options in Tokyo? Are there benefits to staying at certain hotels - early park entrance or FP planning benefits? Where might we stay that we can totally feel like we are "inside" but not break the bank? Thanks for helping get this Magical trip planning started!

Tokyo Disney Resort have the followings:
3 Deluxe Disney Hotels - this will break the bank. All 3 located within the resort
1 Value Hotel - the price point is more similar to Moderates in WDW. It's located about 15 minutes outside the resort (shuttle bus available). I would say it's roughly the distance between the All-Stars and Magic Kingdom. This is the choice if you don't want to break the bank and still have the Disney Hotel benefit (see below). It has one restaurant serving breakfast only and it has no swimming pool but it does have interior hallway.

6 "Official" Hotels. These are 3rd party hotels located within the resort. They're connected by monorails and shuttle buses to the parks. They won't break the bank but do not give you the benefit. (the benefit of staying here is staying in a deluxe hotel with moderate pricing)

The 3 Deluxe and 1 Value hotel give you the benefit of entering the parks 15 minutes early (it may not sound much but in Tokyo Disney, it's a lot). The 6 official hotels do not but they're still convenient because of the location. They're comparable to Swan/Dolphin in WDW in terms of price and quality.

The one Value Hotel may not make you feel like you're in the bubble though because it's located in the city of Urayasu outside the resort.

Last edited:
All of what indoshakeseare said. Whether it's worth it to get the extra 15 minutes all depends on the crowd levels. On the low crowd days, it's not that important. But any days more than low crowds, it could make a big difference. This is the calendar I use and it's been pretty accurate (google translate to see in English). http://www15.plala.or.jp/gcap/disney/

Honestly, there really isn't a "disney bubble" here. It's nothing like being at WDW. But staying at an official hotel is the closest you're going to get. They really are lovely (but you pay handsomely for it).

Tokyo Disney Resort have the followings:
3 Deluxe Disney Hotels - this will break the bank. All 3 located within the resort
1 Value Hotel - the price point is more similar to Moderates in WDW. It's located about 15 minutes outside the resort (shuttle bus available). I would say it's roughly the distance between the All-Stars and Magic Kingdom. This is the choice if you don't want to break the bank and still have the Disney Hotel benefit (see below). It has one restaurant serving breakfast only and it has no swimming pool but it does have interior hallway.

6 "Official" Hotels. These are 3rd party hotels located within the resort. They're connected by monorails and shuttle buses to the parks. They won't break the bank but do not give you the benefit. (the benefit of staying here is staying in a deluxe hotel with moderate pricing)

The 3 Deluxe and 1 Value hotel give you the benefit of entering the parks 15 minutes early (it may not sound much but in Tokyo Disney, it's a lot). The 6 official hotels do not but they're still convenient because of the location. They're comparable to Swan/Dolphin in WDW in terms of price and quality.

The one Value Hotel may not make you feel like you're in the bubble though because it's located in the city of Urayasu outside the resort.
Could you provide the name of the Value Hotel? Thank you!

Could you provide the name of the Value Hotel? Thank you!
Disney Celebration Hotel

Also you can only buy the Multi-Day Passport Special ticket as a guest of one of the four Disney hotels. This allows you to park hop from day one as opposed to day 3-4.

Disney Celebration Hotel

Also you can only buy the Multi-Day Passport Special ticket as a guest of one of the four Disney hotels. This allows you to park hop from day one as opposed to day 3-4.
Thank you so much!

Are the Deluxe Disney Hotels similar in price to the Deluxe Disney Hotels at WDW? I would like to stay in one, but how expensive is "break the bank"?

Price for January 7 (the week after the New Year's weekend):
Ambassador Hotel: around $300 per night standard room
DIsneyland Hotel: around $400 per night standard room
Mira Costa Hotel: around $450 per night standard room

It's more expensive during the busy season.

Hi DISers!
When I visit WDW in Orlando I usually stay at a Value Resort in order to feel inside the Disney Bubble but not spend too much of my vacation money on the hotel. Can anyone give me a summary of the options in Tokyo? Are there benefits to staying at certain hotels - early park entrance or FP planning benefits? Where might we stay that we can totally feel like we are "inside" but not break the bank? Thanks for helping get this Magical trip planning started!

We are of a similar mindset when going to WDW - usually stick to the values for the onsite benefits, but prefer to spend money on other stuff. And I have budgeted similarly with friends when going to Tokyo Disney Resort, so I have been very happy at the Sheraton and Hilton.

The one exception I have made is when going to Tokyo Disney with small kids. You didn't mention any, so I assume this is not your situation, but just in case it is, I thought it was worth pointing out that I thought the Disneyland Hotel was worth every dime/penny/yen for the Happy 15, the proximity to the parks (right across from TDL) and the ability to rent strollers and to take them back to your rooms (you cannot take rented strollers back to your room if you are not staying at a disney hotel). Especially when it's international travel (as it was for us), if it's within your budget, you want to make it as easy on yourself (and small kiddos) as much as possible. Have fun!!!

I'm not sure what your budget necessarily look like, but I'd see if you could stay at one of the official hotels over the Celebration. What I've heard about the Celebration doesn't make it sound super appealing, and the shuttle service to me would be a deterrent. I'd rather stay at one of the official hotels for the proximity.

Don't assume that because they're on the monorail line that they're definitely out of your price range. The Hilton in particular has a lot of flash sales so you can score a deal. I want to say we paid around $130 a night, but you may see higher or lower depending on when you look.

The Happy 15 sounds nice, but it'll take a little more work on your part to use it effectively if you're off site to utilize it properly. In this case, I'd probably go with proximity and a nicer hotel if it was an option.

There really isn't a Disney bubble. There's nothing but industrial buildings as far as the eye can see around the resort, and IMO nothing but a super-expensive room at MiraCosta would truly block it out. Celebration is off property, so I'm not convinced it would be any better in that regard.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter