please help a rundisney newbie!!!

princess lovers mom

take me home....
SO we are a huge Disney family and I am the super planner and expert for all friends- but this RunDisney has me baffled!!!
My girls and their boyfriends are hoping to get into the 1/2 marathon this year - I already have rooms at the Beach Club reserved and dining reservations start for me in 4 days - but all of this planning and still not sure if I am going to be able to get them registered for the race is making me crazy!!
I have done a bunch of research but really can not find a step by step guide on what to do on the 19th- can someone please help?
- what site do I go on to register? Run Disney or myDisney??
-is there anything I can do to make the process quicker to better guarantee securing registration? like pre enter names or something?
- do they need there own accounts- or can I do it under me even if I am not racing
-also to pre-order merchandise- it there a website for that or is it something that will be an option once they are registered

anything else I need to know??
you help is appreciated!!

SO we are a huge Disney family and I am the super planner and expert for all friends- but this RunDisney has me baffled!!!
My girls and their boyfriends are hoping to get into the 1/2 marathon this year - I already have rooms at the Beach Club reserved and dining reservations start for me in 4 days - but all of this planning and still not sure if I am going to be able to get them registered for the race is making me crazy!!
I have done a bunch of research but really can not find a step by step guide on what to do on the 19th- can someone please help?
-is there anything I can do to make the process quicker to better guarantee securing registration? like pre enter names or something?
- do they need there own accounts- or can I do it under me even if I am not racing
-also to pre-order merchandise- it there a website for that or is it something that will be an option once they are registered

From my experience you go to the rundisney website, when you hit register (and it is open) it brings you to a 3rd party where you actually register (I believe wine & dine was with ATHLINKS or ACTIVE). Just be ready to hit register on RunDisney at 12noon EST on the day of registration for the weekend you plan on running. WDW Marathon weekend opens July 19th :)

Things are changing with the registration process this year - the Marathon Weekend and Registration/Event FAQ threads stating in mid April will fill you in. In theory with the changes you should be able to register everyone, and order pre-order merchandise at the same time.

One thing you can do now is go to the runDisney site for Wine and Dine, click register and make sure you can log in with your myDisney password. Also, check the information that Disney has linked in settings/personal information to make sure it is correct. This will save time on the 19th.

Edited to add: if any of them have a race proof of time to submit make sure you have the links to the individual race results. You will need those, as well as their estimated finish times. You have until early October to submit but if they have them now do not wait.

Last edited:
Things are changing with the registration process this year - the Marathon Weekend and Registration/Event FAQ threads stating in mid April will fill you in. In theory with the changes you should be able to register everyone, and order pre-order merchandise at the same time.

One thing you can do now is go to the runDisney site for Wine and Dine, click register and make sure you can log in with your myDisney password. Also, check the information that Disney has linked in settings/personal information to make sure it is correct. This will save time on the 19th.

Edited to add: if any of them have a race proof of time to submit make sure you have the links to the individual race results. You will need those, as well as their estimated finish times. You have until early October to submit but if they have them now do not wait.

I'm sure you've got it figured out now but just in case -

You can register everyone under your Disney login via the Run Disney site. The Disney login you use is the same account as your My Disney Experience but races do not show up in MDE.

You can't pre-enter names, you'll have to do that for each person. The only thing that pre-fills in is for 'myself'.

Pre-Order Merchandise is an option to add on as you register or after you are registered you can go back in and add it on.

I'm sure you've got it figured out now but just in case -

You can register everyone under your Disney login via the Run Disney site. The Disney login you use is the same account as your My Disney Experience but races do not show up in MDE.

You can't pre-enter names, you'll have to do that for each person. The only thing that pre-fills in is for 'myself'.

Pre-Order Merchandise is an option to add on as you register or after you are registered you can go back in and add it on.
thank you !!!

Be sure to leave yourselves plenty of time to get to the expo and pick up your race packets. It can be very busy and can take a long time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter