Please Help Choose Thanksgiving Day Dining Location:)!

lorilclevelandrn

DIS Veteran
Hi there,

I realized this morning today is my dining reservation day and not tmrw like I thought. I’m looking for any recommendation for those of you who have dine on Thanksgiving Day.

TIA:)!

I snagged Liberty Tree just now. My hubby’s really wanting to stay out of the parks bc he hears its brutal. I just looked at WCC and they have a pretty traditional meal. I also looked at Sanaa from last year only hesitation is it might be too adventurous for kiddos.

Any thoughts on those 2?

I snagged Liberty Tree just now. My hubby’s really wanting to stay out of the parks bc he hears its brutal. I just looked at WCC and they have a pretty traditional meal. I also looked at Sanaa from last year only hesitation is it might be too adventurous for kiddos.

Any thoughts on those 2?

We went to Animal Kingdom on Thanksgiving last year and it was PERFECTION. We had dinner at Tusker House. They had traditional food and some of their regular lineup. It was really loud, though. After dinner we hit the last show of FOTLK and the theater was half empty.

It was a great day in the parks.

We are planning to try for Liberty Tree Tavern for Thanksgiving dinner when our ADR day rolls around on Sunday. I know it can be hard to snag for Thanksgiving though, so I'm wondering for those of you that have been in the past, what other MK restaurants offer a Turkey dinner just in case I can't get that one? Is The Plaza an option? We aren't really interested in a character restaurant since we will already have a few of those.

We are planning to try for Liberty Tree Tavern for Thanksgiving dinner when our ADR day rolls around on Sunday. I know it can be hard to snag for Thanksgiving though, so I'm wondering for those of you that have been in the past, what other MK restaurants offer a Turkey dinner just in case I can't get that one? Is The Plaza an option? We aren't really interested in a character restaurant since we will already have a few of those.
Just about all MK TS restaurants will have a turkey dinner available.

Be Our Guest Restaurant
Cinderella’s Royal Table
Crystal Palace
Diamond Horseshoe
Jungle Navigation Co., Ltd. Skipper Canteen (not 100% sure)
Liberty Tree Tavern
The Plaza Restaurant
Tomorrowland Terrace Cafe
Tony’s Town Square

We love Thanksgiving Dinner at Boma at AKL! They have a nice combo of Thanksgiving food and their regular faire.

I love Boma! Its on my list. I was wondering if they had traditional Thanksgiving along with additional options for the littles?

I love Boma! Its on my list. I was wondering if they had traditional Thanksgiving along with additional options for the littles?

This was a few years ago when we were last there but they had an area of the buffet for the kids which I believe had Mac and cheese and chicken nuggets among other things. As far as Thanksgiving food they offered Turkey as one of the meats. They had some type of sweet potato dish and also cranberries and dessert included mini pumpkin cheesecakes. I am probably forgetting things there was so much that they offered I did not have room for everything I wanted. We booked an early time around 4 pm so it was not very crowded yet.

This was a few years ago when we were last there but they had an area of the buffet for the kids which I believe had Mac and cheese and chicken nuggets among other things. As far as Thanksgiving food they offered Turkey as one of the meats. They had some type of sweet potato dish and also cranberries and dessert included mini pumpkin cheesecakes. I am probably forgetting things there was so much that they offered I did not have room for everything I wanted. We booked an early time around 4 pm so it was not very crowded yet.

Sounds perfect, thank U:flower:!

I booked Garden Grill for Thanksgiving Day. I figured since it is their “normal” meal- it would be good! Also, we plan to go to Epcot on Thursday before it get crazy on Friday when the story tellers start.

I booked Garden Grill for Thanksgiving Day. I figured since it is their “normal” meal- it would be good! Also, we plan to go to Epcot on Thursday before it get crazy on Friday when the story tellers start.

We did GG on Thanksgiving 2017. Food was great! We usually do breakfast there now, but we really enjoyed it. Park was calm and plenty of space to walk around. We did the Kidcot stations and enjoyed the atmosphere.

We did "The Wave of American Flavors" this past Thanksgiving. It was $40 pp for a pre-fixe dinner. We would not recommend this. It was barely an upgrade from a tv dinner and definitely not worth $40 pp in our opinion. They used to have a huge buffet. but that has obviously been changed.

This is a list of the 2019 locations that offered Thanksgiving dinner in 2019:
  • Ale and Compass at Yacht Club - we did a regular dinner here last June and the food was quite tasty. It did take a long time to get seated though, which could be worse with a busy holiday so keep that in mind.
  • Boatrights at Port Orleans Riverside - regular menu typically has southern/cajun cuisine so it may have a southern twist to what is offered.
  • California Grill at Contemporary
  • Cape May Cafe at Beach Club
  • Garden Grove at Swan
  • Il Mulino at Swan
  • Olivia's at Old Key West - the normal menu here is very tasty.
  • Sanaa at Animal Kingdom Lodge
  • Sebastians Bistro at Caribbean Beach
  • The Wave at Contemporary
  • Todd English Blue Zoo at Dolphin
  • Trails End at Ft Wilderness
  • Whispering Canyon Cafe at Wilderness Lodge

The list may change for 2020, but if you want to stay our of the parks this is a good jumping off point for research.

We ate a late lunch at Liberty Tree last Thanksgiving (first time eating there) and really enjoyed it. We spent the whole day in MK and, crowd-wise, we didn’t find it any worse than the rest of that week!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter