Please help with character letters

mickeyluv

DIS Veteran
I desperately want to do a T-shirt with my DD name using the letters with characters in the letters. Can someone please tell me where to get this from? I went do dafont.com but am unsure which font to choose. Also don't know how to get the font file into Word. Sorry I'm so stupid! :confused3

I've been trying to design name shirts too! I finally found a site that has two fonts that I've seen other people use. This site allows you to download the fonts in a zipped format. So you'll need WINZIP in order to install them.

http://www.momscorner4kids.com/fonts/

The 2 fonts that I've seen used are BASIC FONT and MICKEY.
Hope that helps! :sunny:

ETA - :blush: Ok, I reread your post and realized that you are wanting to know HOW to install the font. First of all, I found BASIC FONT and MICKEY listed on the DAFONT site. You should be able to download them from there.

Look at the top of the Creative DISigns forum for the sticky thread Design Tips. If you search for fonts, you'll see a section on downloading and installing fonts.

That thread has a link that shows how to install a font.
http://momscorner4kids.com/fonts/install.htm

Can anyone tell me the best font size to use (or best total length for the name) for the character letters?

I assume it would be different for different sized shirts, but I'm not sure how long they should be.

Any recommendations?

Thanks.

TravelinGal said:
It's better to go larger than smaller. You can make an image smaller without compromising quality - but if you make it too small and try to make it bigger when you print it, it will look bad.

Thanks for the advice. I wasn't clear on my question. What I meant to ask was on the printout, what size/length should the images be for the different sizes of t-shirts. Should I just make them the full width of the paper even for toddler and kids' sized shirts? Or should the smaller shirts have a smaller printout?

in my t-shirt trip report which is linked in my signature - I have the size reccomendations and you can see how they work on a shirt

- basically adults should be as big as you can make it

ages 6- 12 should be about 8 inches wide

and kids should be 7 inches wide

you can see how those sizes look on my kids shirts in the pictures

Thank you. I'm new to this so I'm sorry if my questions are overly simplistic.

Petersgj said:
Thank you. I'm new to this so I'm sorry if my questions are overly simplistic.
Don't worry - about a year ago we were all new to this too - now I have made over 100 shirts - and designed over 1000

I have read so many what to do and not what to do's and we love being able to help people learn from our mistakes and make this as easy as possible for everyone else!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter