Please Remove the Video Advertisements!

stickeymouse

DIS Veteran
Today, I began seeing automatically opening video ads at the bottom of several threads. These caused the pages to freeze, skip, and sometimes crash completely. In my opinion, automatically opening video ads are the scum of the internet (I'm looking at you, CNN) and make for a brutal internet experience.

Note: Just in writing this message, I had to refresh and reload this page twice because it crashed.

Today, I began seeing automatically opening video ads at the bottom of several threads. These caused the pages to freeze, skip, and sometimes crash completely. In my opinion, automatically opening video ads are the scum of the internet (I'm looking at you, CNN) and make for a brutal internet experience.

Note: Just in writing this message, I had to refresh and reload this page twice because it crashed.
AdBlockPlus works wonders.

I am having this problem too and it just recently started in the last two days.

It's hard to listen to the dis unplugged podcasts when the ads from disboards start playing.

And, scrolling to the bottom usually showed me other threads that were popular, but not it's just the three ads.

I'm having issues with this too. I have pop-ups disabled, but the website is running very slow for me, and a pop-up came up! There are scripts running in the background that may not be DIS advertisers.

I use an ad blocker and also disable the autoplay features. That takes care of most of my problems - esp the loading/crashing, autoplay and loud unexpected videos.

Those don't work on the the ads that automatically scroll me to the bottom of the page where they are playing/about to play. I HATE that!! According to admin, those "I will force you to look at me right now" ads are not supposed to be on the DIS advertising deal with (I think) Google.

If you know which ads are causing that problem, let admin / one of the webmasters know. They can report it to Google and get rid of it for everyone.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!