Please tell me again...

Aliceacc

DIS Veteran
OK, so I was on the computer at 6 am, 180 days out.

I got everything I wanted, except dinner at BOG. I tried it first, and for every day of our trip, for "dinner" and had no luck.

Other than just trying each day-- any particular time of day I should check??-- are there any other strategies?

If not, life will go on. It's a family favorite, but there are certainly lots of other options. I did book it for lunch, but would prefer dinner.

Thanks for any suggestions you can offer.

That happened to me too last summer. Same exact thing - first day /the minute my ADR window opened and nothing available. I kept checking periodically and something opened up and I was able to get the exact time I wanted. Keep trying. I'm wondering if because it's so popular Disney holds back availability?

We've had great luck getting hard to get adrs the day before or day of. People cancel last minute to avoid the no show fee. We got BOG breakfast yesterday at 7:30am for a 9:40 adr. There were a few times available.

Sometimes I have luck selecting a certain time (5pm, 6pm, etc.) rather than just selecting Dinner. For some reason, it seems to show more options at times. I have no idea why. But, I agree to keep trying and use a reservation finder like touring plans to assist. Good luck!

OK, just to throw a wrench into the monkeyworks...

I was just checking... and managed to get breakfast at CRT one morning. I didn't even try that yesterday before work. I'll check with the kids when they get up. It will be cool to eat there-- I haven't been there in almost 30 years. For what it's worth, we could have gotten dinner instead, but the menu didn't look appetizing. Pity.

Right now I have 2 2credit meals the same day-- neither our appetites nor the budget is going to make that happen. (4 of our 7 credits on one day? Nope.) So I'm thinking we may drop our Yachtsman ADR... I'll check with the kids when they get up. But it's so nice to have options.THAT'S why you book at 180 days.

I'll sort it all out in the next day or so.

Just keep trying. I tried at random times when I thought to and finally got one about 3 months prior to the trip.

OK, so I was on the computer at 6 am, 180 days out.

I got everything I wanted, except dinner at BOG. I tried it first, and for every day of our trip, for "dinner" and had no luck.

Other than just trying each day-- any particular time of day I should check??-- are there any other strategies?

If not, life will go on. It's a family favorite, but there are certainly lots of other options. I did book it for lunch, but would prefer dinner.

Thanks for any suggestions you can offer.
I had the same problem at 6 am this morning. Funny thing is yesterday I could get several dinner reservations Sunday - Wednesday. Today all are gone including the week I was trying to book for. Is it possible someone is using a BOT are booking every table in seconds?
Maybe Disney should look into it.

I had the same problem at 6 am this morning. Funny thing is yesterday I could get several dinner reservations Sunday - Wednesday. Today all are gone including the week I was trying to book for. Is it possible someone is using a BOT are booking every table in seconds?
Maybe Disney should look into it.

IDK about BOTs booking ADRs, but the BOTs that sites like TP use are constantly searching them and alerting people.

IDK about BOTs booking ADRs, but the BOTs that sites like TP use are constantly searching them and alerting people.
For a price? People booking directly thru Disney at 180 days out + 10 is a benefit. I thought Bots were not quite legal if traced, but I could be wrong. They were stopped on ebay. TP doesn't sell the reservation, they just alert you for a price. Is it right? Just saying, but again I could be wrong.

Last edited:
Another strategy my family of 4 has used is trying to find two separate tables for 2 people; However, this wouldn't work for families with young children.

From what I understand, there are actual humans who check for TP's finder - which is why you can sometimes find the ADR on your own by checking at random times. They are checking at random times as well.

I don't know about Mouse Dining though and how they do it.

For a price? People booking directly thru Disney at 180 days out + 10 is a benefit. I thought Bots were not quite illegal if traced, but I could be wrong. They were stopped on ebay. TP doesn't sell the reservation, they just alert you for a price. Is it right? Just saying, but again I could be wrong.

I think they are only illegal if they were to actually hold the ADR. But they're not holding it - they're finding it and just notifying anyone who has a search for that period. You still have to go in and grab it. But from what I understand TP uses actual humans to search just like you or I would - and they search at random times just like you or I could.

I think sometime BOG isn’t loaded right at 180 days. I have no proof of this but this is what I think. Bits hardly ever available right at 180 days. I say keep checking every day, you’ll get something!

Touring Plans has the ADR finder. It helped me get my BOG moved to a better time on my last trip.

This how I got a dinner for 6 booked on my last trip, by getting alerted by TP and then once notified trying to book it before it being taken by someone else (10 people, 100 people, who knows?) who also had an active search in place. There were a few times when an alert would go off and I would be online trying to book within 30 seconds but it was already gone. But the advice that I'd seen by several others here on the forum came true: "as the date approaches you will see more and more cancellations due to people changing their plans" and it sure did since I finally got the booking about 3 weeks before the trip. So I have upcoming trips for August and October and have TP reservation finder already set up (TP put them in the queue and starts the search when the window opens up).

Good luck to the OP!

For a price? People booking directly thru Disney at 180 days out + 10 is a benefit. I thought Bots were not quite legal if traced, but I could be wrong. They were stopped on ebay. TP doesn't sell the reservation, they just alert you for a price. Is it right? Just saying, but again I could be wrong.

Disney goes after any site trying to charge for making ADRs. That’s not allowed.

If you can figure out how to sign up for a free TP account (good luck with that), it’s legit. Personally, I find it hard to imagine that they aren’t using some kind of BOT to find ADRs for multiple requests.

Disney goes after any site trying to charge for making ADRs. That’s not allowed.

If you can figure out how to sign up for a free TP account (good luck with that), it’s legit. Personally, I find it hard to imagine that they aren’t using some kind of BOT to find ADRs for multiple requests.

Do you need an account to use the reservation finder? I didn’t think so

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter