Plenty of Cash Availability for 12/31

stlrod

DIS Veteran
Just thought I'd let everyone know there seems to be plenty of cash availability (even with the discount) for NYE. I was able to get SSR for not much more than what the point value would be at $16 per point.

do you have to call MS to get the cash rooms, or is there a spot on the website

Yes, you need to call member services to book cash rooms. They cannot link the reservation but they can put a note on the reservation in the hope the room stays the same if connecting to a points reservation.

Yes, you need to call member services to book cash rooms. They cannot link the reservation but they can put a note on the reservation in the hope the room stays the same if connecting to a points reservation.

If you booked a room on cash thru MS they should be able to link it.

If it was booked thru CRO then it would be a note on the reservations.

How do cash reservations work exactly? I have never used that before but all my points are allocated for other trips and we are looking to do a one night in Sept for MNSSHP and one night in October for F&W. I booked a value but would much rather be at a DVC.

How do cash reservations work exactly? I have never used that before but all my points are allocated for other trips and we are looking to do a one night in Sept for MNSSHP and one night in October for F&W. I booked a value but would much rather be at a DVC.
Just call MS to see if there is availability for cash for the night(s) you need. Cash nights may be available for full price or for 25% off rack. Sometimes, CRO/DRC may have nights available to annual passholders for a larger discount. You have to check that on your own.

Just call MS to see if there is availability for cash for the night(s) you need. Cash nights may be available for full price or for 25% off rack. Sometimes, CRO/DRC may have nights available to annual passholders for a larger discount. You have to check that on your own.

What determines whether DVC offers the 25% discount on the villas? CRO is showing BLT studio available for a night I need in January. The cost is $600+ with taxes so a 25% discount would be awesome but DVC is not offering it.

But i want to use points. Someone is giving me points. :(

Some of the cash inventory is due to trades out of the DVC system. A DVC owner trades pts for a cruise for example. DVC will then use the pts to reserve stays to sell for cash that can be paid to the cruise division to pay for the cruise.

Those "cash" rooms are already booked with pts - so they cannot be booked with pts again - DVC really needs the cash...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter