Plumerias in Minnesota?

dianeschlicht

<font color=blue>DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Hon
Yes! It finally bloomed. It must love my sunroom!
MVC-339S.jpg

That is pretty. Yes, it must be your sunroom since plumerias like warm/hot weather.

Beautiful plant!!! Do they like alot of humidity?

Plumeria are found all over Hawaii, and in fact, the fragrance is what I think of when I think of Hawaii. I bought the bare stick in the Land pavillion at Epcot last October. It got leaves, but did not bloom then. About February, it lost it's leaves, and it started to leaf out again in late May. I was elated when I saw the flower stock developing! I read somewhere that they need 10-30-10 fertilizer, and I was only using 10-15-10. It bloomed in spite of my error, but I am now feeding it 10-30-10. I do mist it nearly every day. I now have this wonderful plumeria fragrance in my sunroom! :goodvibes

Just Beautiful! It must love your sunroom.
There's hope for mine then. I have it outside in the gazebo. :flower: It's finally growing leaves too :cool1: Can't wait :goodvibes

Deb, the first season, mine only got leaves and no flowers. This year, the leaves are getting very profuse, and now about 20 of the blossoms have come out, and more are forming. I really would like to cut it when it goes dormant this time, but I am scared to death to do that! :scared1:

DebºoºS said:
How do you winter it over? In the sunroom?
I leave it there year round, and it will go dormant on it's own, but if you continue to water it sparingly, it should get leaves back right away just as it would if it was in Hawaii. If you travel to Hawaii early in the year, you will often see them with not a leaf on them but covered in blooms.

We love plumerias and bought our stick in hawaii on our honeymoon. it bloomed its third year. We are in Austin Texas so I put the pot outside in the summer, but have been putting it in the garage in the winter and just watering it minimally. It drops its leaves and then in the spring sprouts again and gets lovely. I had tried to bring it inside in the winter, but it still dropped its leaves - way too dry for it and I also wondered if it was too dark, though I had it in a sunny window. I am amazed it is blooming for you inside. Daily misting..... ah ha! What exposure do you have it in in your house?
Redbudlover

Plumerias are my fav - next to orchids...our yard is COVERED with plumerias...DH actually had to cut three huge trees down due to the fact we are getting a pool....we ended up giving some to the neighbors although I am sure we could have sold them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter