POFQ room location request

Mickeymouse123!!

Earning My Ears
Our only request is to not have a connecting door. The website only gives corner room, ground floor, and near transportation as requests for the drop down. What should we pick to not get a connecting door room?

You would have to call to have that noted on your reservation. None of those options will help you.

90% positive corner rooms don't have connecting doors. Check out portorleans.org
The only thing I would worry about for the OP is that even if this is true, Disney wouldn't know WHY they wanted the corner room. Then if there are no corner rooms available they wouldn't know that the "real" request is no connecting door.

There are a lot of corner rooms that have a connecting door. A corner room is not a booking category, and you can request it. I would not select any requests on the online check-in site, on our last trip we selected one of the limited choices and then called in a request and when we checked in the CM said she only saw our online request:( No longer doing online check-in and I am back to calling and having our request added to our reservation and then following it up with a fax about 6-7 days prior to arrival.

There are a lot of corner rooms that have a connecting door. A corner room is not a booking category, and you can request it. I would not select any requests on the online check-in site, on our last trip we selected one of the limited choices and then called in a request and when we checked in the CM said she only saw our online request:( No longer doing online check-in and I am back to calling and having our request added to our reservation and then following it up with a fax about 6-7 days prior to arrival.
You can always do online check in with out room requests. That way you can get the check in part done. Then call in room requests

Because if you only call to give a room request and never do online check in that means you can't get your room via text, right? Calling won't complete online check in too, does it?

You can always do online check in with out room requests. That way you can get the check in part done. Then call in room requests

Because if you only call to give a room request and never do online check in that means you can't get your room via text, right? Calling won't complete online check in too, does it?
Yep, that is what I mentioned (maybe not very clearly. LOL) to the OP and you are correct, only doing online check-in gives you the chance of receiving your room is ready text. For us, getting a room ready text early is not a big deal and we actually rather go and check-in inside the lobby.

Yep, that is what I mentioned (maybe not very clearly. LOL) to the OP and you are correct, only doing online check-in gives you the chance of receiving your room is ready text. For us, getting a room ready text early is not a big deal and we actually rather go and check-in inside the lobby.
Makes sense. I like to give myself option for both.
I want the chance for our room text so we can go to the room if it suits us and we still go to the front desk of we want, even if we've gotten our room text. Sometimes I go to make sure all our bands are set right to access the doors especially with split stays

90% positive corner rooms don't have connecting doors. Check out portorleans.org
We had a corner last week with a connecting door. We have had corners before but I don't remember if they had the door or not. That said this trip the issue with the room next door wasn't the connecting door but the lady from that room outside talking on her phone after midnight on 2 nights. No door wouldn't have made a difference.

Last edited:
We had a corner last week with a connecting door. We have had corners before but I don't remember if they had the door or not. That said this trip the issue with the room next door wasn't the connecting door but the lady from that room outside talking on her phone after midnight on 2 nights. No door wouldn't have made a difference.
Agreed, we had a room next to a corner and definitely had a connecting door. But we never heard the other people! And this was during Hurricane Irma, so spent 2 full days in the room; there was also a dog next door and we never noticed!

We had a corner room on 3 rd floor in building 4 with connecting door.

B
Isn't corner room a specific booking category?
Nope! Just a request. I loved it. More light in room even though I tilt blinds just enough so passerby’s can’t easily see in but still let enough light in.

How annoying :-(. I probably would have stuck my head out the door so she got the idea!

Makes sense. I like to give myself option for both.
I want the chance for our room text so we can go to the room if it suits us and we still go to the front desk of we want, even if we've gotten our room text. Sometimes I go to make sure all our bands are set right to access the doors especially with split stays

Exactly. Just because you get the text doesn't mean you can't go to the front desk. They're not going to look up your reservation and say "You got your room ready text. Why are you here?" (or if they did, I'd be asking for a manager).

Equally annoying but effective in my experience: stick your head out the door and have that phone conversation with her.
DH did stick his head out , she got the message the 2nd time. If a 3rd was needed I was going to call security.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter