POFQ to Contemporary

DisneyJade

Two decades on the DIS, lurking and learning
Help! I have a 9pm PS for California Grill. I am staying at Port Orleans FQ. On the way there, only Epcot World Showcase and Downtown Dis. will be open... on the way home, only Downtown. A couple people have suggested taking a cab, but the dollars are really adding up. Is it really going to take me an HOUR EACH WAY to take disney transportation??????

Yes you have to figure the WDW Busses will take at least an hour. To be safe tho plan an hour and a half in case you "just miss" a connection and have to wait for another bus. If the meal is truly a special event I'd spring for the taxi to get to the Contemporary. You can always take the busses to DTD after dinner for a late night adventure at the PI Clubs before you return to your resort.

Originally posted by DisneyJade
Help! I have a 9pm PS for California Grill. I am staying at Port Orleans FQ. On the way there, only Epcot World Showcase and Downtown Dis. will be open... on the way home, only Downtown. A couple people have suggested taking a cab, but the dollars are really adding up. Is it really going to take me an HOUR EACH WAY to take disney transportation??????

The reason why we say it could take an hour each way, is to err on the safe side. (In case you just missed the bus, or if the monorail is having problems, etc.) Often times, thats just a worst case scenario. Many connections can be made a lot quicker.

Personally, I would recommend taking either the boat or the bus to DTD, and then catching the Contemporary bus from there. If you leave at 8, that should get you to the California Grill with plenty of time.

If you chose to transfer via Epcot... keep in mind, you'll have to take the Monorail to the TTC, and then switch to the Resort Monorail, and go the long way around the lagoon.

thanks everyone. It looks like I'll have to suck it up and plan for an extra hour on both ends of the trip. no big deal. I just hope the buses are not open-air so I don't freeze in my cocktail dress. :p

Originally posted by DisneyJade
thanks everyone. It looks like I'll have to suck it up and plan for an extra hour on both ends of the trip. no big deal. I just hope the buses are not open-air so I don't freeze in my cocktail dress. :p

All our busses are climate controlled.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter