Point Rental Sites

BeachMouse1

DIS Veteran
If not allowed please remove.
I have some reservations in June I may not be able to keep. I am going to call member services tomorrow and see if I cancel will I be able to bank those points if not I am considering renting those reservations out. I know there are many sites that handle this for you but just saw on here there is a rental section where members here rent to each other?
I have never rented out my points and on one hand feel that I would feel safer and easier to let a site handle all this for me but then I am thinking doing it on my own get The most dollars per point. If the difference isn’t much I would rather pay a site to do it but don’t know
any advice here from those who have done either?

The 'rental section' on the DIS is the Rent/Transfer Forum. To offer a confirmed reservation that is more than 30 days away requires the purchase of a rental plan - either the Platinum or Premium. Please review these threads (pinned near the top of that Forum) before you post there:

REQUIRED READING BEFORE POSTING - DVC Rent/Transfer policies - UPDATED - January, 2022

DISBOARDS.COM - DVC RENT/TRANFER FORUM PLANS
The other pinned threads also contain useful information.
I'm sure others will chime in with their experiences using the various rental brokers. There are several options for you to consider. Thank you for not providing the details of the reservation you would like to rent.

REMINDER TO OTHER POSTERS:

PLEASE post a link to any business or site you wish to mention or discuss

Last edited by a moderator:
Personally, I think if you price it right you may do better here where you will have a larger amount of people viewing your ad. Many Florida locals look for those deals. Good luck!

You asked for experiences, so here is mone. I rented points back in June here on the DIS. It is the first time I rented points. I priced them at $17, since I was unfamiliar with the process. I was offering 100 points. Ir ented them to 5 different people, in 1 or 2 night reservations. I tried to catch them online, or would text them when I was ready to begin the reservation, to verify all the info. Once the reservation was done, I took a screenshot and sent it to them, once they entered iit in DME, I required 1/2 payment via paypal, and the other have 45 days prior to travel or 45 days prior to travel, or 45 days prior to mey banking window (I have a June use year) . I contacted the renters about 5 days prior to the due date of the final payment, and sent them a payment request through paypal. Everything went smoothly. The final two will be completing their trips this month.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter