Points transfer

Pinnochio

DIS Veteran
I'd like to transfer 75 pts at BRV (use year June) to my BWV contract (use year Feb.):

Question 1.) How?
Question 2.) Will i then be able to book these 11 months out?

I'd like to transfer 75 pts at BRV (use year June) to my BWV contract (use year Feb.):

Question 1.) How?
Question 2.) Will i then be able to book these 11 months out?

To make the transfer, you just call MS. I believe your BRV June 2023 use year points would need to be transferred to your BWV February 2023 use year. The BRV points could then be banked if you wish.

Transferred points retain their home resort and use year tags. So if you want to use those BRV points to book BWV, you will need to wait until the 7 month window opens for your desired dates.

I’m learning this myself as a newer DVC owner. The way I understand it:

You have to call Member Services to make a transfer between accounts.

Transferred points hold their rules for home resort and UY. So the BRV points into BWV contract would still have BRV 7-11 month home priority and a June UY.

In a situation like yours it only helps for combining the different UY points to use in the same reservation at the 7 month mark. The transfer isn’t going to change the resort and UY assignment though.

So why do people transfer? I do not own BRV. If I wanted the 7-11 month BRV home priority, then I could have points transferred from an BRV owner. That would require a 3 way call with both owners and Member Services (also no mention of payment on that call as it is against POS). The points would keep their home resort priority and UY.

As others have said, you call MS to complete the transfer,…points can not be banked or borrowed. Because the points keep all the same rules, you want to be sure that the points will still be valid for the trip because once transferred, you can’t borrow and of course, still remain BRV points so they don’t get any priority for BWV, even if you transfer.

For example, if you transfer your 2023 BRV June UY points, it counts as a 2023 UY transfer for both.

if you transfer June 2024 point, it counts as a 2024 transfer for both…but those points would not be eligible for trips between Feb 2024 and June 2024 since you can’t borrow for trips.

thanx everyone!
One point of clarification for those who may be new to all this - you don't transfer points from one contract to another contract. You transfer points from one membership (in this case a membership with a June UY) to another membership (in this case, a membership with a February UY). If OP owned BRV points and BWV points that were both in the same membership (same UY, same owners on both contracts), then there would be no transferring points - they simply could be used together at 7 months.

As others have said, you call MS to complete the transfer,…points can not be banked or borrowed. Because the points keep all the same rules, you want to be sure that the points will still be valid for the trip because once transferred, you can’t borrow and of course, still remain BRV points so they don’t get any priority for BWV, even if you transfer.

For example, if you transfer your 2023 BRV June UY points, it counts as a 2023 UY transfer for both.

if you transfer June 2024 point, it counts as a 2024 transfer for both…but those points would not be eligible for trips between Feb 2024 and June 2024 since you can’t borrow for trips.
You can definitely bank transferred points if they haven't been banked. No on borrowing but definitely can be banked.
I transfer points into 2 memberships every year.

You can definitely bank transferred points if they haven't been banked. No on borrowing but definitely can be banked.
Yes, you are correct, of course. But I think Sandi was saying that the points you want to transfer cannot be banked or borrowed.

I meant points already banked can not be transferred…once transferred, they can…sorry for the confusion.

I am trying to understand how transferring points work, so this post is very helpful!

As a follow up question, if I were to have points transferred to me from another owner to make a large point reservation (for which the points are from my same home resort but a different use year), how would that work when trying to make a reservation at the 11 month mark at the home resort?

I am trying to understand how transferring points work, so this post is very helpful!

As a follow up question, if I were to have points transferred to me from another owner to make a large point reservation (for which the points are from my same home resort but a different use year), how would that work when trying to make a reservation at the 11 month mark at the home resort?

The points will retain their own UY when they enter your account. You just have to be sure those points will be valid for your trip without needing to borrow them as transferred points can’t be borrowed.

For example, I wanted to get Oct 2024 points into my June UY, and wanted to use them for a July 2024 trip, I can’t since the Oct 2024 points can’t be used until Oct 1st, even though my own June 2024 points can be used in July.

You can use transfered points online. You eon't see them in the dashboard but they'll appear available during the booking process, when points are allocated. Of course, you can combine all points only if the transfered points have the same home resort as your contract.

Instead of starting new thread, I'm going to ask here....I currently have 27 points for June 23. If I transfer them to my April UY, can I then bank them and use them together for a July reservation?

Instead of starting new thread, I'm going to ask here....I currently have 27 points for June 23. If I transfer them to my April UY, can I then bank them and use them together for a July reservation?

Transferred points keep all thier own rules so they remain June UY points even if you move them to your April UY.

Once banked, they will be in the June 2024 UY which means valid for use in July 2024.

Transferred points keep all thier own rules so they remain June UY points even if you move them to your April UY.

Once banked, they will be in the June 2024 UY which means valid for use in July 2024.
Thank you! I thought I had understood it correctly but wanted to make sure I could bank them after the transfer for use in June 24 UY.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter