Polly Studio Lake View questions

kateandy08096

DIS Veteran
Hello all. I was just able to reserve a studio lake view for Labor day weekend. This will be our 1st time staying at the Polly and wanted to ask which buildings host the lake view? Thanks :)

The PVB's lake view studios are all located in Moorea.

Most requests are for top floor - to get the best view of the MK fireworks. The bungalows block the fireworks view for many of the villas on first and second floor

The PVB's lake view studios are all located in Moorea.

Most requests are for top floor - to get the best view of the MK fireworks. The bungalows block the fireworks view for many of the villas on first and second floor
This! I will add, however, that our request for a third floor room could not be accodomated most recently. We had the last second floor on the right (closest to the Transportation Center) and it was phenomenal! The bungalows were to the left so the view was completely unobstructed. Best view we ever had!

The problem is that someone has to stay in the first floor units... which despite the "lake view" classification and the points required have a view which is obstructed by the bungalows. :mad:

I did lake view once and got lucky... second floor in the middle... a perfect view. Since then I have elected to go standard since I just can't bear the thought of blowing the points to have a bungalow view.

You definitely want upper floor!

Yeah we were given a first floor and the bungalow view was not worth it, luckily they moved us the next day by request.

I would be let down if we were stuck on the 1st floor.. honestly I feel those rooms should be standard view or just a few more points.

This! I will add, however, that our request for a third floor room could not be accodomated most recently. We had the last second floor on the right (closest to the Transportation Center) and it was phenomenal! The bungalows were to the left so the view was completely unobstructed. Best view we ever had!

Would you say this view is better than a third floor room on the left? Or all of the third floor room views unobstructed as well?

We had a third floor room last month. It was a great view of MK. We only stayed one night, and it was the night of MM at TL, so we didn't see the fireworks. However, the view of MK is unobstructed, and I can only imagine how great the fireworks view would've been. We had room 3021 in the Moorea building.

Yeah we were given a first floor and the bungalow view was not worth it, luckily they moved us the next day by request.

I would be let down if we were stuck on the 1st floor.. honestly I feel those rooms should be standard view or just a few more points.
Hi! Can I ask who you spoke to or called to get your studio changed? Member services or the front desk or? Thnx (Newbie here...)

Hi! Can I ask who you spoke to or called to get your studio changed? Member services or the front desk or? Thnx (Newbie here...)
I simply stopped by the front desk after getting my room ready notification and seeing it was on the first floor, she checked for me and let me know they could move me over the next day and that was it.

Would you say this view is better than a third floor room on the left? Or all of the third floor room views unobstructed as well?
In my opinion, this view was better than the view from our third floor room in the middle of the building. That room was over the bungalows while this room had no bungalows in front. The view was just perfect!

In my opinion, this view was better than the view from our third floor room in the middle of the building. That room was over the bungalows while this room had no bungalows in front. The view was just perfect!

Awesome, that's good to know. With everyone requesting the highest floor, I'm thinking a request for a second floor room might be easier.

Awesome, that's good to know. With everyone requesting the highest floor, I'm thinking a request for a second floor room might be easier.
Maybe ask for third floor or second floor closest to Transportation Center. Also, be sure to talk to CM upon check-in. They can often change your room assignment if you’re unhappy with location.

I ask for for upper floors which I think gives a little wiggle room for the room assigners. I ended up with room 2020 which had a pretty good view of MK!

Maybe ask for third floor or second floor closest to Transportation Center. Also, be sure to talk to CM upon check-in. They can often change your room assignment if you’re unhappy with location.
That request might require ear plugs for sleeping at night with the boat horns.

That request might require ear plugs for sleeping at night with the boat horns.
Yes, I imagine it would for some. My family loves the shore so the ferry horns don’t bother us at all. In fact, we like them! But light sleepers may not feel the same way.

A lot of people might think they like the ferry horns... or won't mind them. Until they hear them for what seemed like every two or three minutes. I want to say that they started around six or seven... and went on until hours after the park closed. The sounded as each of the ferries approached the dock... then again when they left the dock.

In the morning, with guests arriving, you can imagine that the ferries were very busy.

That being said, it didn't ruin the weekend. It was noisy, yes, but I think we got use to it after a while. So I wouldn't consider this a point for alarm unless you (or someone you are travelling with) is a light sleeper. Or you have the intention of staying in your room a lot.

If it really concerns you, I would suggest looking at Google Maps and seeing the proximity of the dock. That will give you a better idea of how intrusive you think the sound might be.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter