Poly resale value dropping!!!!

Matty B13

DIS Veteran
Just got this in an email from the Timeshare Store, did anyone else?

POLYNESIAN VILLAS AND BUNGALOWS - 150 Points. August use year. 248 points coming on 8/1/19 (148 + 100 banked points from 2018, banked points need to be used by 8/1/20) and 150 new points coming on 8/1/20.

Priced at $125/pt
Closing Costs: $708
Annual Dues at Closing: $1000.48
Total Price: $24,958.48

Oooooo, didn't send out a corrected email though. Well I don't think it will be long before it actually happens.......

Hello Everyone,

Yes, unfortunately the email blast this morning listed a resort for $125 per point rather than $155 per point like it was supposed to. Everything should be corrected since then. We apologize for the mistake or confusion, it was just human error.

Polynesian Price values are still alive and well!

With the Direct price of Poly at $235, Disney ROFR will not allow the prices to drop that much. I think it will hover between $145-155 for the foreseeable future.

With the Direct price of Poly at $235, Disney ROFR will not allow the prices to drop that much. I think it will hover between $145-155 for the foreseeable future.

Not if they have a ton of points just sitting around and they can't sell them, we will see over the next couple of years how the whole studio & bungalow unit resort works out.

There are over 50 contracts, some with double points, between 2 of the major resale websites right now, which is a lot for one of the Disney Premiere Resorts.

One thing it seems about the Poly is that during a good bit of the year, not all, you can get in at seven months. That right there would prevent me from buying there.

One thing it seems about the Poly is that during a good bit of the year, not all, you can get in at seven months. That right there would prevent me from buying there.

We are considering buying at the Poly and we had this exact question. It is our favorite resort and we’ve read you should buy where you want to stay. But if Poly is available often at the 7 month mark would it make sense to buy for less at, say, SSR and transfer in?

We are considering buying at the Poly and we had this exact question. It is our favorite resort and we’ve read you should buy where you want to stay. But if Poly is available often at the 7 month mark would it make sense to buy for less at, say, SSR and transfer in?
Depends when you want to travel. It isn't always readily available at 7 months. So if you want the peak DVC season it pretty much lacks availability lack all resorts. However, you might find a WL there works better than other resorts because anyone trading out at 7 months is guaranteed to be dropping a studio. But I also found with people renting their points (more power to them) there is less people trading at 7 months simply because the renters aren't operating that way (they are picking the resort they want at 11 months out).

https://www.disboards.com/threads/p...rooms-june-2018-update.3689931/#post-59393073

Depends when you want to travel. It isn't always readily available at 7 months. So if you want the peak DVC season it pretty much lacks availability lack all resorts. However, you might find a WL there works better than other resorts because anyone trading out at 7 months is guaranteed to be dropping a studio. But I also found with people renting their points (more power to them) there is less people trading at 7 months simply because the renters aren't operating that way (they are picking the resort they want at 11 months out).

https://www.disboards.com/threads/p...rooms-june-2018-update.3689931/#post-59393073
Exactly. Fall Frenzy, doubtful. You will most likely stay where you bought.

There is really only one DVC that I know I would like to stay at numerous times, BCVs. And if I had to buy in at a resort with only being able to stay at that resort, I would go with the BC. But I do want to stay at the Poly, OKW, Riveria, Boardwalk and maybe even a night at the Grand. I think the Boardwalk might be harder to get into at seven months out after SW opens, but still possible.

From a standpoint of home resort advantage, SSR being the most readily available even with short lead times, isn't advantageous. From a cost standpoint, the difference in points cost isn't as great as it initially appears. The yearly cost consists of purchase price per years left plus the yearly dues. For Poly it's $140/47 + $6.76 = $9.74. For SSR it's $100/35 + $6.40 = $9.26. So if you don't really want to stay at SSR, you have to decide if paying about 50 cents more per point is worth the advantage of knowing you'll have the ability to reserve at 11 months at Poly.

One other thing to keep in mind is that 25% of Poly points is dedicated to bungalows but most Poly buyers don't have contracts large enough to stay in them. That could mean that studios may ultimately become more difficult to reserve.

In the end, the purchase decision is based on emotion and personal preferences. I just closed on a Poly contract because I love the resort. I got married there and it's a special place. I also like being able to take a one hour flight and being in a place that feels like Hawaii. I don't know of any other resort on the mainland that comes close to that.

Last edited:
Considering the Poly has what, 360 studios, it should be a shoe in to get one, but its not.
1. its on the Monorail.
2. The Poly studios are comprised of 3 Million points. There is 1 million points in the Bungalows. And you can pretty much get a bungalow with a 6 minute advanced booking, so the reality is, there is closer to 4 million points competing for 3 million points worth of inventory.

I thought for sure I would be able to switch out at 7 months for my stay in September, which is not a busy time, and I was only able to do it for half the week,

If you are ok with staying at the poly some times, and you have flexible time frames, then switching at 7 months may be an option.

If you want to stay at the poly more often then not, I would buy there.

Right, if you are like me and want to stay there at least once and then maybe done, don't buy in there. But if you want to be there more often than not, then go for the Poly.

I don’t disagree, but it’s been over a year since Disney exercised any ROFR on a Poly contract (as far as I am aware). And in that time, some pretty low price-per-point contracts have slipped through. Wouldn’t surprise me if $130 got through right now. Perhaps the Drunken Monkey has not set his sights on Poly as of yet, so if you’re interested in buying Poly, maybe now is the right time!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter