Poly studio DVC size-opinions?

lynnfitz

DIS Veteran
Hi, I know the studios at Poly are smaller than the 1 bedrooms we've stayed at-we usually stay at BL or BW. We are 3 adults, we've never stayed there before, but when we go over for dinner, we always comment on how we'd love to try it- I looked on you tube etc., the one bathroom has a tub, I'm assuming also a shower is in the tub? So 2 showers are a plus, do you think we're really going to feel cramped in it? My thought was maybe staying like 3 nights to do MK, then switching to BW (in a 1 or 2 bedroom) for the parks in that area. Any thoughts on this idea? I know they have a balcony, which I love to have morning coffee on, we're usually in the room fairly early in the evening, as we are early risers.
Thank you!!

We are two adults who usually stay in a BWV 1 bedroom. I didn't feel at all cramped in the Poly studio (didn't use the Murphy bed, though). Two showers, one with the tub. Only one toilet. I missed the in villa laundry and the separate sitting area (two TVs) the most.

We did a 3 night stay at the Poly (to try it out) and then moved to our usual 1B at BWV. If it weren't for the construction( which is done now, I think), I could honestly say that I loved everything about the Poly and our stay - the location is great!. But don't love it enough to make it a regular part of our vacations. For just a few points more, we get the fabulous BWV location and a 1 bedroom. Can't see spending the same for a studio as for a 1 bedroom. JMHO. YMMV.

You sound exactly how I was thinking! We love the Boardwalk, and for the points, I think it's great-maybe we'll try it out for 2 or 3 nights, I wouldn't want to do longer, we do enjoy our space! Also I agree, having a washer and dryer is great, especially we go in the summer, when we're going through 2 outfits a day.
Thanks again!

FWIW, we found that the Poly is a great Epcot resort. :)

While the security hassle at the main gate is more bother than using the International Gateway ... we enjoyed the the easy ride over on the monorail.

We stayed in Moorea back in 1997 on our first trip. Moorea was just a Polynesian building, not DVC. The living space was nice and big because the bathroom was really small and there was no kitchenette. We had two queen beds and a real twin sized day bed back then. With three kids on our trip (two nieces and our son), it felt roomy. No so sure now that they have taken a lot of that living space and turned it into an extra shower room and kitchenette.

Our family of 4 downsized to a poly studio in 2016 and spent a week there including time during Hurricane Matthew.

I have to say - it's a VERY spacious studio. For sleeping arrangements - we had 2 adults in the Queen, 1 5" boy in sofa bed, and a 6 year old girl in Murphy bed.

The bathrooms were very helpful - we found it more functional that the 1bedroom at BC...(but still can't beat the 2 baths at BLT)

Make sure to have a strategy for putting everyone's clothes/suitcases away. There is a lot of storage space but for example - we had my son put all of his clothes into the shower bathroom. There are many drawers there and it worked great - but somewhat unexpected! My daughter and I each used the large drawers under the queen bed, and my DH put his clothes in the closet (we brought one of those hanging clothes storage things and it was perfect but might be overkill for 3 days...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!