Poly summer discounts?

minerva78

Mouseketeer
I had a very hard time searching for this on the boards, so I will just need to ask: has Poly ever been excluded from summer discounts?

I booked a reservation for June 3 - 9 next year at Poly - for my husband and I and our 9 and 10 year old girls. I originally booked a standard Garden view room at CR (only for being on the monorail, and only because these rooms sell fast, I hate the theming) or an AOA Nemo suite (great theming, separate bedroom, but not on the monorail) because both were the exact same price. Then I decided, to heck with it, I'll just change my reservation to the Poly to get the convenience of the monorail AND beautiful theming! It was around $560 more for the week, which would sting less if Poly got a discount. I know Poly and CR are both deluxes, but I calculated that with the higher price of the Poly, a discount would be bigger, which would help reduce the differences in cost. So if both resorts were discounted 25%, the discount at Poly would be about $140 more, which would make the higher cost easier to swallow. Sorry, I'm a math nerd, lol.

Again, I know none of this is guaranteed, Disney changes their mind constantly. Free dining and all discounts could disappear tomorrow if they wanted. It's just that Mousesavers doesn't show excluded resorts from their discounts. I know AOA Little Mermaid and POFQ are almost always excluded from discounts, I just didn't know about Poly. Thanks.

Going forward, I would expect the Poly DVC Villas available for cash to be excluded, as the DVC will be sold through by year-end, leaving Disney with only 2-4% of the villas to sell on cash natively. Rumor suggests they will be reducing the size of the Standard View category rather significantly; it has typically been difficult to get good discounts via Disney on the SV rooms at Poly. Most discounts apply to Lagoon/TPV and Club Level rooms.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter