Poly theme park view or garden view club level?

ddpatrick13

Earning My Ears
We (myself, DH, DD-10) have stayed at the Poly several times, so we are use to the resort. Right now we have a theme park view reserved for July, but a club level garden view just opened up. We have never stayed club level before, but it is the same price as the theme park view room. Now I am torn as to which room to stay. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

One cool thing about Poly CL is that the lounge faces the MK with a spectacular view (with the music piped in). It's not quite the same as having your balcony face MK, but it's a pretty awesome second!

We love CL (to put it mildly), so if you think you will make use of the lounge food, I would make the switch for sure. But it's a bit of a personal choice as to how much you will use the lounge, versus miss the view.

We (myself, DH, DD-10) have stayed at the Poly several times, so we are use to the resort. Right now we have a theme park view reserved for July, but a club level garden view just opened up. We have never stayed club level before, but it is the same price as the theme park view room. Now I am torn as to which room to stay. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Full disclosure, I'm a big CL fan and especially a Poly CL fan.

Since price is a push, it really just depends on how much value you place on being able to see MK directly from your room. I guess only you can answer that question. :-)

But as PP notes, the CL lounge has a wonderful view of the MK - so while your room will have a garden / Oasis Pool view, you always have the lounge there to get your TPV fix. I agree with @anomamatt in that it's not quite the same as having the view from your own room, but it's a close second.

The main word that always comes to mind with Poly CL for us is "convenience" - the location of the Hawaii longhouse is just so convenient for lots of things - from pool time, to transportation, to popping out to the beach for fireworks, etc. The CL offerings are also very convenient - I don't have to go to Cap't Cooks for something small like a cup of coffee. The breakfast offerings in particular are an adequate substitute for having to eat breakfast somewhere else for most folks.

Even the evening apps - historically Poly CL's weak spot - have been much improved over the last few months.

I'd say if you've been to Poly several times and don't mind giving up the TPV room, I'd say go for it, if only to try something different and experience the resort in a new way.

FWIW, here are some pics!

Lounge at night...
3.jpeg

View standing at the lounge windows...
4.jpeg

Lounge during HEA a few weeks ago...
IMG_9112.JPG

My morning office last July... (I will get up early and work/catch up on e-mails/DIS while the fam sleeps)...
IMG_0410.JPG

It doesn't hurt that the fridge is well stocked....
Poly Beer-Drink Fridge.JPG

Last edited:
I would TOTALLY do garden CL over a regular TPV! The Hawaii longhouse is so nice and the lounge is spectacular. Yes, you'll be sitting with other people (instead of alone on your balcony), but you get that amazing lounge view with drinks and snacks! Plus, you can just walk to the beach (right in front of the longhouse) to see the fireworks as well. I actually prefer the garden view side of that longhouse over the lagoon/TPV side - it's much quieter!

Full discloure, I'm a big CL fan and especially a Poly CL fan.

Since price is a push, it really just depends on how much value you place on being able to see MK directly from your room. I guess only you can answer that question. :-)

But as PP notes, the CL lounge has a wonderful view of the MK - so while your room will have a garden / Oasis Pool view, you always have the lounge there to get your TPV fix. I agree with @anomamatt in that it's not quite the same as having the view from your own room, but it's a close second.

The main word that always comes to mind with Poly CL for us is "convenience" - the location of the Hawaii longhouse is just so convenient for lots of things - from pool time, to transportation, to popping out to the beach for fireworks, etc. The CL offerings are also very convenient - I don't have to go to Cap't Cooks for something small like a cup of coffee. The breakfast offerings in particular are an adequate substitute for having to eat breakfast somewhere else for most folks.

Even the evening apps - historically Poly CL's weak spot - have been much improved over the last few months.

I'd say if you've been to Poly several times and don't mind giving up the TPV room, I'd say go for it, if only to try something different and experience the resort in a new way./QUOTE]

I agree with everything GADisneyDad14 said!!!! :)

Both are great choices, but the Hawaii building is very conveniently located and you do still get the amazing lounge TPV

Club level!! I was in CL TPV last week. The view was fantastic and it was a treat to sit on the balcony and watch the castle and fireworks. If I had to give one club level or TPV - it would be the theme park view. The Hawaii building could not have been more convenient - right in between both pools, next to the beach and close to the ceremonial house. And the view from the lounge is great.

Just make sure you plan a lot of down time to enjoy the amenities at the club level!!

I'd go club level. You'll get more for your money with access to the food offerings in the Hawaii building plus you'll be right next to the volcano pool. The view of the castle for the evening fireworks show from the lounge is also very good. They do pipe in the music as well. If you prefer to watch outside, the beach is only a few steps away from the entrance to the Hawaii building.
You won't be in your room enough to get your money's worth from a theme park view room at the Poly and the views are also partially blocked by the island (can't remember the name now).
For the same cost the trade off is a theme park view room or access to the lounge offerings plus convenience to the pool and centralized resort location. I'd go club level without hesitation.

I'll join everyone else in voting for CL over TPV without CL. We've done both and the CL wins easily due to the access to the breakfast food (we REALLY don't like Capt. Cooks, so avoiding that alone is worth it for us), the drinks all day, the snacks in the evening, and the proximity to the pools, beach, and transportation. We thoroughly enjoyed our TPV room in Tuvalu in 2016, but that was before we'd experienced CL. We're happy to trade the view for the lounge amenities.

This thread was a disaster for me! I had finally made up my mind to do Poly TPV over Club level, and now after all this great advice I've changed my mind again. OP when I called I was able to get a lagoon view cl for not too much more than the theme park view non-cl. If that's something you're interested in.

This thread was a disaster for me! I had finally made up my mind to do Poly TPV over Club level, and now after all this great advice I've changed my mind again. OP when I called I was able to get a lagoon view cl for not too much more than the theme park view non-cl. If that's something you're interested in.

:rotfl::rotfl:

LV CL is a great choice as well, IMHO! You have a somewhat decent chance of being on the first floor so can walk right out to the beach to play in the sand, watch the fireworks, etc. It's a nice "middle ground" choice between the CL TPV and GV view categories.

I'd say if you've been to Poly several times and don't mind giving up the TPV room, I'd say go for it, if only to try something different and experience the resort in a new way.

I agree. We aren't ones to pay more for a view so choosing CL would be an easy choice for me, but I think experiencing the resort in a different way is a great idea (especially if CL is the same price as TPV :)).

Both are great choices, but the Hawaii building is very conveniently located and you do still get the amazing lounge TPV

:thumbsup2

hmmm... I started this post saying yeah - CL but the more I think about it the more on the fence I am...

CL tends to be way overpriced for the value you get and I find I only like it for TPV view at the Poly and to stay at the RPC at the GF.

But if you were going to pay that amount ANYWAY - it's a good deal

Now the downside is that you won't have a view of the castle from your room or the bay lake which means no view of the electrical water parade from your room either.
You'll get a nice view of that from the lounge - but your room will probably face the Oasis pool (also a nice view but not quite as nice as the TPV)

Another thing to take into consideration is if you're going to be there over a holiday with special fireworks (NYE or 4th of July). You'll get reserved seating on the beach to watch those fireworks (Though with a TPV view you could watch them from your room!)

CL for all the reasons already stated! The lounge can be your theme park view and there are so many other benefits to staying Club Level that outweigh just the price increase for a "view"

Club Level. Without question.

The breakfast/snacks convenience outweighs TPV from your room.

1000% do CL! I stayed GV CL last summer and could walk out to the Oasis pool from my patio. The building is in a prime location and being able to watch the fireworks while relaxing with a little dessert and coffee/cordial is pretty fantastic. I also loved having a quick breakfast at the lounge before heading into the parks. Go for it - you won't regret CL!

CL anything. CL Poly? HECK YES.

I dare say it's worth it just so you don't have to make those sad little soggy disc pod "coffees" in the morning in your room. Stroll down to the lounge and get a cappuccino. And a pastry. Or 3.

We faced the same decision this past January and went CL and now we are ruined for all future trips ;)

I thought I wanted a TPV (stayed at CR resort and had an amazing view) but when a CL opened up cheaper than the TPV, we jumped at it!
It was amazing- we did not miss having the view from our room at all. We enjoyed the lounge and watched Wishes from there if we were back at the Poly in time. We love the Hawaii bldg. and the location. Just knowing where our room was going to be located was huge for me.
I also enjoyed the garden view- I found it very peaceful sitting on the balcony.

Good Luck in your decision!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!