Polynesian Owners Thread/FAQ

Tokelau south - got it! I must have taken the long way - those paths are hard to navigate at night from the MK boat launch. Thanks!
If you're first navigating at night I get it. My sister arrived on ME one evening and figured she'd head to the room herself. I finally got a phone call to come find her!

I never make room requests and I don't care about views. Therefore, I'm usually placed in Pago Pago when I stay at Poly studio. I like Pago Pago's location to the parking lot (I usually rent a car), plus it seems like a short walk to GCH and TTC. The key to a short walk is leaving the correct side of the building, such as the west side for GCH and the east side for TTC. Going out the wrong exit will add up some time since the paths are not straight lines. The drawback of Pago Pago is it is far from both the boat dock and good viewing of the Electric Water Pageant. I rarely use the boat from/to MK anyways as I prefer the monorail or the TTC ferryboat.

Does anyone know if the coffee makers in the studios take flat bottom or cone shaped filters? Been there a half dozen times and cannot remember to save my life.

Does anyone know if the coffee makers in the studios take flat bottom or cone shaped filters? Been there a half dozen times and cannot remember to save my life.
Should be -Flat/basket

So how bad are the boat horns if you are in a lake view studio? We are trying to figure out where to stay for 7 nights at the start of our trip-- Poly Lake View, VGF Resort Studio, or BLT Lake View to pair with 8 nights in a VGF Deluxe Lake View Studio.
I'm not the lightest of sleepers, but noise can borrow me. That's the hesitation w/the resort studio knowing if you have loud neighbors it's gonna be really loud. BLT we've done recently. Poly we've never done more than 3 or 4 nights and always in a standard view.

So how bad are the boat horns if you are in a lake view studio? We are trying to figure out where to stay for 7 nights at the start of our trip-- Poly Lake View, VGF Resort Studio, or BLT Lake View to pair with 8 nights in a VGF Deluxe Lake View Studio.
I'm not the lightest of sleepers, but noise can borrow me. That's the hesitation w/the resort studio knowing if you have loud neighbors it's gonna be really loud. BLT we've done recently. Poly we've never done more than 3 or 4 nights and always in a standard view.
I have never noticed the horns bothering me. But I am a pretty deep sleeper. I should note that we are up early and usually stay at the parks fairly late, so it could be that I am sleeping when the horns are not being used. Having said that, we enjoy a midday nap occasionally 🙂 and they haven’t distracted us then.
Moorea, especially if you are at the end closest to the TTC, is pretty hard to beat. You can walk to the TTC in just a few minutes to catch the monorail.

We are not light sleepers so the boat horns do not bother us at night, especially when we're dead tired. The only time it was bothersome was when we had a late night at MK and planned on sleeping in later (until ~9am) - I woke ~7am for the bathroom and the boat horns prevented me from going back to sleep. But, honestly, it was time to wake up anyway. Can't spend too much time sleeping when you have the World around you! :) That all said, we typically request the side farthest from the TTC when we book a Lake View Studio. Not sure that it makes much of a difference, though.

I posted this in another Poly thread but I am going to try here as well. Please forgive me if you had to see it twice. If anyone is there right now could you possibly look in Boutiki and see if they still have the woven straw looking baseball cap? My DH regrets not buying one and I would love to try to get one for him.

Attachments

• 0114B532-216A-4B1F-B7E6-AA086C70D155.jpeg
    0114B532-216A-4B1F-B7E6-AA086C70D155.jpeg
    21.5 KB · Views: 11
Hey all! New owner as of last fall. Poly has always been my bucket list, and after the last few years, we splurged with one night before moving to POFQ last summer and we were hooked! Anyone have great ideas to share on how to stay organized in one of these lovelies? I’m a “unpack everything as soon as we get there to feel settled” vacationer, and looking for tips on how best to do this with the… unique storage situations. Thanks.

Congratulations and Welcome Home!
I don't have any special storage tips... don't forget there are a few drawers under the beds. We usually park our suitcases in the location of the adjoining room door

Hey all! New owner as of last fall. Poly has always been my bucket list, and after the last few years, we splurged with one night before moving to POFQ last summer and we were hooked! Anyone have great ideas to share on how to stay organized in one of these lovelies? I’m a “unpack everything as soon as we get there to feel settled” vacationer, and looking for tips on how best to do this with the… unique storage situations. Thanks.

We generally go for 7 days during summer break when clothing is a lot thinner and we each take ~1 drawer. Wifey and I each take a drawer under the bed - I usually get the wall side since she needs more space to look for her stuff - and the kiddo takes a drawer (or two) in one of the bathrooms. The rest of the stuff we can put in the closet or even inside the coffee table. It might not seem like there's enough storage space, but for us, it works. At one point in time, we did leave ancillary stuff in our luggage (sunscreen, ponchos, umbrellas) and grabbed it when we need, but we found that those cheap over-the-door hanging shoe organizers did wonders.

At one point in time, we did leave ancillary stuff in our luggage (sunscreen, ponchos, umbrellas) and grabbed it when we need, but we found that those cheap over-the-door hanging shoe organizers did wonders.
I have wondered about those. Which door do you hang them on? And, thanks!

I have wondered about those. Which door do you hang them on? And, thanks!

We hang them on the closet doors, facing inside. Those are the only doors that swing in and out - the bathroom doors are sliding doors. YMMV, but in one of our rooms, the closet door had the clearance to close fully. In another room, the closet door wouldn't close, but it wasn't a big deal since we just left it ajar.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!