Polynesian Owners Thread/FAQ

Not much of an issue in terms of getting a studio at 11 months unless you are looking at the first two weeks of Dec. The point needed during that time are pretty low and it has Christmas decorations. At 11 months to the dot, be sure to log on at 8am to grab a studio and you should have no problems at that time.

Forgive me if this is a dumb question as I'm a newbie. You mentioned to log in - but where? I see a few sites for DVC rentals but wasn't sure which one people had the best luck with for Poly studios.

We're not going until later in 2020 so I have plenty of time to plan, but I have my heart set on Poly.

Last edited:
Forgive me if this is a dumb question as I'm a newbie. You mentioned to log in - but where? I see a few sites for DVC rentals but wasn't sure which one people had the best luck with for Poly studios.

We're not going until later in 2020 so I have plenty of time to plan, but I have my heart set on Poly.

Login is for members booking with their own points.

With all the rental agencies it's just about them having an owner who wants to rent out their poly points.

If you are set on the Poly for your trip, I would strongly recommend putting your request in at 11 months with a rental agency. I've never rented out my points but from what I've seen, it appears that the Poly is a popular request so you would want to be up near the top of the list.

If you are set on the Poly for your trip, I would strongly recommend putting your request in at 11 months with a rental agency. I've never rented out my points but from what I've seen, it appears that the Poly is a popular request so you would want to be up near the top of the list.

Ha! I'd put in the request now if I could! :)

Thanks!

Can't say enough about that 3rd floor view. I call ahead and request it every time so we can watch the EWP and HEA. :love:
Do you call DVC to add that request to your reservation? I've seen a lot of differing info on how to place a request.

Do you call DVC to add that request to your reservation? I've seen a lot of differing info on how to place a request.
I just call. I do, however, always tell them they can put us on top of the TTC with all the accompanying boat horns, just as long as we're on the 3rd floor. We've gotten it every time, although I will confess the last time was in an Accessible room, which was NOT pleasant. Made me feel horrible for the folks who actually need that room because there was no storage in the bathrooms or under the bed because of the regulations involved, which pretty much eliminates ALL the storage except the chest/table and the closet. That said, we had The View, and that's what I wanted, so since it was a short stay we stuck with it.

I just call. I do, however, always tell them they can put us on top of the TTC with all the accompanying boat horns, just as long as we're on the 3rd floor. We've gotten it every time, although I will confess the last time was in an Accessible room, which was NOT pleasant. Made me feel horrible for the folks who actually need that room because there was no storage in the bathrooms or under the bed because of the regulations involved, which pretty much eliminates ALL the storage except the chest/table and the closet. That said, we had The View, and that's what I wanted, so since it was a short stay we stuck with it.

Accessible on the 3rd floor? Interesting. Ours have always been 1st floor there.

FWIW- There are lots of ways they could add storage in those assessable rooms but frankly Disney rather sucks at their assessable Room design and doesn't put much into them. And unless something has changed since our last assessable room at PVB they even placed the microwave's up too high. I had to assist my sister if she wanted to use it. :headache: In general though the poly accessible rooms are better for storage than most of the other resorts.

In general though the poly accessible rooms are better for storage than most of the other resorts.
Seriously??? While DS and I were trying to figure out how we were going to put things away, he asked the question that had also occurred to me: "Mom, does Disney think people in wheelchairs don't bring stuff with them?" I truly am sorry they don't do a better job for your sister and everyone else who needs those rooms. :sad1:

Seriously??? While DS and I were trying to figure out how we were going to put things away, he asked the question that had also occurred to me: "Mom, does Disney think people in wheelchairs don't bring stuff with them?" I truly am sorry they don't do a better job for your sister and everyone else who needs those rooms. :sad1:

Yes, seriously. ::yes:: Crazy isn't it?! My sister did have some thoughts about writing to Disney about their accessible rooms. They tend to be some of the worst in design of places she has stayed at.

Hi. I'm staying at The Polynesian for the first time in May. My mom will be with me and will be using an ECV. Which DVC buildings are closest to the bus station and/ or lobby? Thanks!

Hi. I'm staying at The Polynesian for the first time in May. My mom will be with me and will be using an ECV. Which DVC buildings are closest to the bus station and/ or lobby? Thanks!

Tokelau although the other 2 buildings are just past it. Really, when you have an ECV distance becomes a non issue. As a "warning" the elevators in the PVB buildings are quite small and not the easiest to maneuver ECV's into. A 1st floor might be more helpful than a particular building.

Tokelau although the other 2 buildings are just past it. Really, when you have an ECV distance becomes a non issue. As a "warning" the elevators in the PVB buildings are quite small and not the easiest to maneuver ECV's into. A 1st floor might be more helpful than a particular building.
I requested ground floor for her. Thank you for your advice

I put in an offer last week for a smallish Polynesian contract!! After a little negotiation, the buyer agreed on my final offer, deposit has been sent in now i think i just have to wait for the owners to sign and have it submitted to Disney.

A little back story - we own another smallish contract at AK, I think that was the entry drug for us. It is a unique resort and we love the themeing and it was affordable at the time. Our first official stay as DVC owners was a split- 3 nights Poly and 4 nights AK - after booking our Poly stay my DH said that it was the first resort he had stayed at when he was a kid and this trip was going to be my 5DD first trip -- I think that simple fact just added to the connection to the resort. Unfortunately, during that trip we fell in love with Poly and I knew this would be the place we would want to stay most of the time.

In planning our trip for next July 2020 we are having my in laws join us. Of course we want to book poly but with only 120 AK points it was only going to cover my family. My in laws would have a few options 1. book directly through Disney for upwards of $4500 for a week, 2. Book through Davids DVC for around $3200, 3. I could acquire a points transfer for the same amount. Then i thought of a 4th option- I could buy our add on contract at Poly and they could rent points from us at a better discount. Why would i want that money essentially go to waste when i could use it towards a purchase of a contract and give them a better deal?

After I made the decision to buy a resale, I toyed with the UY decision- we have Feb AK but I thought i wanted a later UY of March - June. As I kept looking I found a Feb UY with current year points ---- I figured it was a sign plus I keep reading that it much easier to book and handle points if you have the same UY. Now I just wait to hopefully get the good word that Disney waives and we can have the points in hand to book the 4th of July!

Any one have a good list of activities at Poly - I know there is no community room. I believe i saw a pool table out by the pool and a volleyball net on one of the beach areas -- do they provided the volleyball somewhere? and the pool table equipment? anything else on property we can use.

I know there are boat rentals, which we have done. Kids like them but i could pass on them.

Does VGF have a community hall that Poly peeps can use too?

Any one have a good list of activities at Poly - I know there is no community room. I believe i saw a pool table out by the pool and a volleyball net on one of the beach areas -- do they provided the volleyball somewhere? and the pool table equipment? anything else on property we can use.

I know there are boat rentals, which we have done. Kids like them but i could pass on them.

Does VGF have a community hall that Poly peeps can use too?

Only BLT has a community hall in the MK area.

I put in an offer last week for a smallish Polynesian contract!! After a little negotiation, the buyer agreed on my final offer, deposit has been sent in now i think i just have to wait for the owners to sign and have it submitted to Disney.

A little back story - we own another smallish contract at AK, I think that was the entry drug for us. It is a unique resort and we love the themeing and it was affordable at the time. Our first official stay as DVC owners was a split- 3 nights Poly and 4 nights AK - after booking our Poly stay my DH said that it was the first resort he had stayed at when he was a kid and this trip was going to be my 5DD first trip -- I think that simple fact just added to the connection to the resort. Unfortunately, during that trip we fell in love with Poly and I knew this would be the place we would want to stay most of the time.

In planning our trip for next July 2020 we are having my in laws join us. Of course we want to book poly but with only 120 AK points it was only going to cover my family. My in laws would have a few options 1. book directly through Disney for upwards of $4500 for a week, 2. Book through Davids DVC for around $3200, 3. I could acquire a points transfer for the same amount. Then i thought of a 4th option- I could buy our add on contract at Poly and they could rent points from us at a better discount. Why would i want that money essentially go to waste when i could use it towards a purchase of a contract and give them a better deal?

After I made the decision to buy a resale, I toyed with the UY decision- we have Feb AK but I thought i wanted a later UY of March - June. As I kept looking I found a Feb UY with current year points ---- I figured it was a sign plus I keep reading that it much easier to book and handle points if you have the same UY. Now I just wait to hopefully get the good word that Disney waives and we can have the points in hand to book the 4th of July!
Congrats! We are AKV and soon-to-be Poly owners as well! (If only the sellers would sign their side of the contract already so we could both get this sent to Disney!)
I always kind of rolled my eyes at the Poly and never understood why people loved it. DH and I thought it was a cheesy '70s version of Polynesia. Then, in 2011 or 2012, we were supposed to stay in the brand new Royal Guest rooms at Port Orleans Riverside, but we received some bad news and some pixie dust from Disney - the rooms weren't finished but we could pick new rooms. Having heard from others on the boards requesting Deluxe resorts as their substitute, I figured this was a good time to give the Poly a try. We fell in love. I can still picture my 3yo DD seeing the room for the first time, running the length of it, and then bouncing on the bed with the Mickey-head towel animal. These were the standard rooms, pre-DVC, but the location, the theming, and the large rooms couldn't be beat. We do love AKV, and we weren't about to pay direct prices when Poly came online, so we never looked at buying points there. We stayed at Poly DVC studios 3 times now, and after we returned home from the resort a couple weeks ago, talked about adding points there. Good luck to you on your contract - we can't wait to call this our official home as well!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter