Polynesian Resort Only Weekend: Girlfriends!

Dotluvsdisney

It’s kind of fun to do the impossible.
Labor Day weekend! 4 working Moms. Escaped the teen attitudes, work stress and day to day responsibilities.

Day 1/2
Saturday, arrived at Poly. Drove in from N FL and we were checked right in around noon.

Stop 1: Dole Whip float with run and Superfood Salad from Capt Cook’s.

Stop 2: Unpack

Stop 3: Wine Bar George (parked at Grapefruit lot in Disney Springs as Lime was full; I think a different lot would’ve entailed less walking) We LOVED our time. 7:15 reservation was perfect. Lights dimmed around 7:30, opened the shades wide and we spied some fireworks from our table too. I enjoyed the Brega in a 3 ounce pour. Highly knowledgeable and friendly service. This restaurant makes trying some high end wines very accessible. Really excited to come back and try more! We had the bites pictured along with the skirt steak. The hummus and cheese board were my favorites but, all was very good.

Some shopping then, back to the Poly for bed!

Attachments

• IMG_2910.jpeg
    IMG_2910.jpeg
    76 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_2897.jpeg
    IMG_2897.jpeg
    101.6 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_2911.jpeg
    IMG_2911.jpeg
    91.7 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_2892.jpeg
    IMG_2892.jpeg
    68.1 KB · Views: 18
Day 2/2

Stop 1: Picked up Capt Cook’s for breakfast. We shared a French toast platter and I had the steel cut oats with raisins, walnuts and brown sugar. Made in room coffee. I think I need to do 2 packs of coffee to 4 cups of water from now on.

Stop 2: Ritz Carlton Spa for massages. Herding cats. You’d think 4 professionals could better manage their time but, we had trouble getting out the door by 9 for our 10 appointments. It was a 20 min drive, free valet parking with validation at the spa. Loved it! Sprawling resort so really should have left at 8:30 to allow for drive, walk and check in. We made it just in time! Some outdoor pool pictures. We enjoyed our massage then, the ladies only hot tub, out to the very quiet spa pool for lunch (they have helpers to prep your chair and servers) and then showers with the eucalyptus mint shower steamers. 2:30 came too quickly! We got our car and headed back to the Poly for a quick change and our 4:00 Drawn to Life at Cirque du Soleil.

Stop 3: Cirque. Captivating show with a wonderfully enthusiastic audience.

Stop 4: Rest at Poly. Back to the room to lay down!

Stop 5: The Boathouse for dinner at 7:15. Soooo busy. We asked for first available and were seated outside in a quiet corner. Food and service was divine. Our server Karla was fun and attentive. I enjoyed my Gradis Pinot Gris with the grilled chicken. Sampled the pasta and filet dishes from friends’ plates. The filet was top notch!

Stop 6: the party divides. My FSU alum friend and I stayed at The Boathouse bar as they were fortuitously playing the game vs LSU. Nice conversations with fellow game watchers! At half time we headed out to the deck to watch Amphicars launch and return. FSU chalked up a W and we enjoyed wine and laughs until midnight. We took our happy selves to the buses and struck up conversation with a College Program participant as he headed back to the Poly from his dinner. The non-football pair shopped and took the car to go back to bed.

Attachments

• IMG_2900.jpeg
    IMG_2900.jpeg
    150 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_2898.jpeg
    IMG_2898.jpeg
    71.7 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_2906.jpeg
    IMG_2906.jpeg
    51.7 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_2907.jpeg
    IMG_2907.jpeg
    97.8 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_2904.jpeg
    IMG_2904.jpeg
    94.5 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_2902.jpeg
    IMG_2902.jpeg
    81.2 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_2903.jpeg
    IMG_2903.jpeg
    95.5 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_2901.jpeg
    IMG_2901.jpeg
    86.8 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:
Monday morning. Time to go home :(. But, not before we rode the monorail! Stopped at the Grand Floridian’s Gasparilla Grill for coffee and a bite. That area is under construction so there was scaffolding in front of the ground floor lounge and behind the resort where GG is located.
Really yummy and tender baked goods! Then, back to the room to pack for our 11:00 check out. Turned another friend into a Disney resort aficionado. She hates theme parks but, so enjoyed our resort only stay and the Disney bubble benefits. Like, not needing an Uber or designated driver! Ability to take transportation to explore other resorts, friendliness and high quality service provided by the Cast Members and the beauty of the grounds. We love our DVC! Thanks for reading and have a magical day!💖 🪄✨

Last edited:

Great report! I'm headed to the Poly solo for a night then over to Saratoga for a night coming up this month as a mom who works FT with too many responsibilities myself! Poly is bucket list for me.

Great report! I'm headed to the Poly solo for a night then over to Saratoga for a night coming up this month as a mom who works FT with too many responsibilities myself! Poly is bucket list for me.
So excited you get to take care of YOU! Life is so busy and stressful. It’s a great time of year to visit. The Poly is just my favorite. If you like coffee enjoy the Press Pot at Kona cafe with Tonga Toast. We have been able to check in early for our last several stays. Hope you do too!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter