Pony rides?

MinnieGi

DVC/BWV
We have a 2yo DD that is just crazy over horses and taking pony rides. I know FW has guided horse-back riding, but do they also do pony rides?

Thank you.
Gi

Yes, FW has pony rides at the Petting Zoo. I forget how much it is. They'll let you lead the pony around the area with your child.

Wow, they let you guide the pony around! DD will love that! :)
Thanks so much for letting me know!

Gi

You have to stick to the trails - but they wind around a little bit! Have fun! :)

My DD5 loves the pony rides! She still talks about riding "Snow". Since I haven't spent much time around animals, imagine my surprise when the FW Pony Person handed me the reigns, and said "Lead on!". DD5 & I had a great time!

Does anyone know the cost for the pony ride and the hours it is available?

Denise

We were there this past February and the cost was $3. I would guess the price is probably the same because someone commented that the price had been increased from $2. We did many rounds around the petting zoo at $3 each. Well worth it. Our son, now 3 years old, still also talks about all the ponies. Snow is his favorite also. I want to say the hours were around 9am to 5pm. I believe the wrangler said they have different hours when it is a busier time of the year.

We brought our 4-year-old nephew, and he rode Snow too! I wonder if all their ponies are white, and they're all named Snow! LOL!

Maybe the wrangle fed me a line, but she said that Snow pulled Cinderella's carraige for weddings. She said Snow was the only one of Cinderella's ponies that was used for rides. There was another white pony in the little pasture by the barn. I can't remember her name, but the wrangler said she was a retired pony. There were many ponies all with different names. I would think there is only one Snow, but who knows...........

if memory serves me correctly you do need 2 adults. 1 to lead the horse and 1 to stay by the child so they dont fall off

We just had 1 adult per child for my 6 and 4 year old.
You would only need 2 per child if you're not comfotable letting them sit by themselves where you may not be able to grab them immediately if they start to fall. Otherwise 1 adult per kid is fine.

Originally posted by rla5d
We just had 1 adult per child for my 6 and 4 year old.
You would only need 2 per child if you're not comfotable letting them sit by themselves where you may not be able to grab them immediately if they start to fall. Otherwise 1 adult per kid is fine.

Thanks for clearing that up rla5d

:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter