Pooh sized cruisers?

See? This is exactly what I meant.
First thing I noticed was the adorable little girl...

Then I noticed the pretty swimsuit the mom is wearing...
Then I thought OUCH look at that sunburn, poor thing...
Then I thought - Hey Great hat where can I get one?

And only then did I realize - oh wait - she's pooh sized.

here ya go....
Hurricane092.jpg

And I saw people larger than me having a great time too.

I didn't really think about my size on castaway cay. Something about the "island magic" makes you forget... I walked around in my bathing suit. Had lunch at Serenity Bay. Sat in the water down there too and read a book. Sure, I wasn't the most graceful getting out of the sand chair -- but who cares!

We even rented a watercraft and they had special life jackets for me. The cast member was very cool about pointing them out to me (they are red and hanging on a tree type thing)...he said it would be more "comfortable" for me as if he sees people like me all the time. that was it.

the servers were great. I had other dining issues so in fact it was like they kept trying to feed me more and more more.

Walt disney theater seats were kind of tight. But after the first night I just made sure my pockets were emptied.

go. have fun.

First thing I noticed is that their chairs are in the water. I want to be there sitting in the lovely water. LOL (BTW I'm rather pooh sized too.)

Some good people to ask are John & Kevin from the PodCast board (John is a co-owner of Dreams Unlimited Travel).

They are both 6'5" and BIG boys. They are also frequent cruisers who have talked about some of the issues with being larger than life and cruising.

Very welcoming group of people on the podcast board who are all anxiously waiting on the podcast cruise 2.0

My wife and I have been on several Disney Cruises.I am a large guy (former college football lineman)and have never once heard anybody say anything negative. I have no problem in the shower. Disney's showers are bigger than other's. If you are concerned about the bathroom, go to one of the public restrooms on decks, 3,4,5,9, or 10. They have more room. As far as what people may think, believe me, you will see every shape and size there is. The neat thing about Disney is that everybody, especially the crew, is extremely nice and polite. Nobody cares what you look like, because everybody is there to have a great time. Go with a great attitude. You will be pleasantly surprised and probably book another cruise on your second day just like we did

I've seen lots of pooh sized people sail.

And no, I would not think you are a beached whale on Castaway Cay.

My MIL is pooh sized and though she has never sailed on Disney, she's on her 5th cruise right now. She does bring swimsuits and she really doesn't give two flips if people don't admire her physique. She goes to have an enjoyable time and has which is why she keeps going.

Now if you opt to roam around in a thong--people might talk. But I'd talk if you were a skinny twig in a thong as well.:scared1: Avoid the thong and all will be okay.

I fall in between tink and pooh--I don't even have a name. I just get a lovely sarong to hide my posterior and al lis good in the world.

I know it's been a while since anyone posted to this thread, but I just want to say a big THANK YOU to all of you who created it.

I am sitting here crying with relief. I am more "ursula-sized" than "pooh-sized" and I feel much better about our planned cruise next year.

You are ALL beautiful!

Lol. I just looked on my computer and I had left this thread up and my wife was reading it. Two tabs over in my browser is a site where you can purchase wraps and cover ups. :)

I am not picking on the OP, so please don't get bent out of shape. However, the best thing about a cruise for us is that my "Pooh-sized" hubby is able to eat as much as he wants and we aren't handed a bill for each meal. We often tease about him eating "first breakfast" and then "second breakfast" and then "first lunch" and then "second lunch", etc. . . . like the Hobbits in Lord of the Rings.
I know this is an old thread, but when I saw it I had to laugh. My DH is not what one would call "politcally correct" on occasion. He refers to our Disney Cruises as "The Fat People" cruises. I'm significantly less Pooh-sized than I was (down to a 16 from a 22!). I think DH found most of the weight I lost. And he found it because, rather than "first breakfast" and "second breakfast" he does "first ice cream" and "second ice cream". Did you know that, if you eat ENOUGH ice cream in a four night cruise you can gain 12 pounds and have to fly home to Newark, NJ in your swim trunks because the only pants you didn't pack in your luggage won't stretch far enough around? And this was in December:scared1:

Beth

I know it's been a while since anyone posted to this thread, but I just want to say a big THANK YOU to all of you who created it.

I am sitting here crying with relief. I am more "ursula-sized" than "pooh-sized" and I feel much better about our planned cruise next year.

You are ALL beautiful!

I am "Ursulaesque" and had a fabulous trip. I do believe that I was quite afraid, but there was no need. I am about to make my first trip to WDW. Who knew that there are actually places that awkward fat people can go? I haven't been anywhere "fun" like this in so many years because of paranoia. I was embarassed at our local fair one time in my early teens and was done with it.

ENJOY!

I know this is an old thread, but when I saw it I had to laugh. My DH is not what one would call "politcally correct" on occasion. He refers to our Disney Cruises as "The Fat People" cruises. I'm significantly less Pooh-sized than I was (down to a 16 from a 22!). I think DH found most of the weight I lost. And he found it because, rather than "first breakfast" and "second breakfast" he does "first ice cream" and "second ice cream". Did you know that, if you eat ENOUGH ice cream in a four night cruise you can gain 12 pounds and have to fly home to Newark, NJ in your swim trunks because the only pants you didn't pack in your luggage won't stretch far enough around? And this was in December:scared1:

Beth

Now that's just funny! I found that when DH gained weight, it increased his empathy for others. Is there a pair of sweats in the cards for the next one???

Beth

Good point! I will remember to pack some yoga pants for the trip home,lol! I will also be sporting my size 22 swimsuit, skirt and all. I figure I will be too busy laughing and having fun with my 3 kids to even care if anyone is staring or not. Throw your worries aside and just enjoy your vacation:)

Loving this thread.. DH and I both are "pooh sized" and have wondered about the life jacket for the drill.. and the wet suits you apparently have to wear for some of the fun looking excursions (which is why I won't be doing them) and about the seats in the theaters..so thanks everyone for all the tips and the pep talk to calm our nerves!! :)

Also, for the "pooh sized" ladies out there.. there is a great website i use to buy my swimsuits.. it's called Always 4 Me (dot com) and they have some great swimsuits that actually cover things up, and they are cute too! I have never NOT gotten a compliment on my swimsuits when we go to our local waterpark.. the DH and I always guess how many people will ask me "where did you get your swimsuit???" (and yes, it's always other pooh sized women who ask) so check it out if you want something cute and nice! :)

I do have one other question.. i've been reading about the spa and the rainforest room.. and apparently you wear a robe in the rainforest room? So my question is, are theses robes "pooh size" as well? because i have already dreaded me paying to use the room, and then going in to put on my robe, and it won't even tie... thanks for the answers!! :hug:

First, let me say, as a fellow Pooh sizer, I love this thread and the warm outpourings from everyone.

To address the question of the robes in the spa, the answer is, "It depends." sometimes they have larger robes (love them!) and sometimes you have to deal with the Barbie sized ones they have. I can just about get it to close and tie, so I carry a towel in front to hide any gaps. You do wear your swimsuit in the Rainforest so important stuff is always covered, but still, it's not always comfortable. More plus size robes, Spa people!!!

One thing I've noticed on our 4 cruises is that No One Is Looking At Me. They are all either having too much fun, too concerned with their own figure, or busy with their families to notice me. I love to swim and have hated the beach for years but on Castaway Cay, I can be a fish and have fun. The first time I worked up my nerve to go out there, my husband looked at me swimming and splashing in the water and said, "I don't think I've ever seen you this happy." :dance3: And it was true. I've even done the hot tub on board and "normal sized" people were fine and friendly and welcoming.

So, don't worry!

We're planning to do the AquaDuck on our next cruises (B2B for NYE and beyond) and I am so looking forward to it -- because we can apparently go faster!!! :banana:

Enjoy!

Power to the Poohs!! ;)

Relax and have fun. This is a family cruise, and families come in all sizes, especially larger sizes. :thumbsup2

I'm pooh-sized (just look at my screen name!) and I loved my last Disney cruise :lovestruc and can't wait for my next one! :yay:

as someone who is a bit chubby, i have been on the cruise and LOVED it. go. don't allow those c**tbags to ruin your vacation. they say something? glare back or as your walking past them mutter something loud enough for them to hear. that's what i do. yes, it is a bit rude to some people, but from my perspective, i just don't care. i don't allow anyone to ruin my disney vacations as it is the one place where i feel truly happy. just try to get your "nyc boots on" as i say. stay classy with a slight attitude.

Now that's just funny! I found that when DH gained weight, it increased his empathy for others. Is there a pair of sweats in the cards for the next one???
He refuses to wear sweatpants...ever. BUT, he now has a nice wardrobe of elastic waist pants for cruising. Just this week I made him try them on to be sure that we wouldn't have any problems. I also told him that I won't allow him out of my sight the entire vacation if I catch him eating too much ice cream! Fortunately, our rooms on all of our upcoming cruises are pretty far from the ice cream machine!

Beth

I am pooh sized (size 22-26) and 2 weeks from my 11th DCL vacation! Very excited!!! I don't have any issues wearing my bathing suit or shorts or sundresses on the ship. I feel that what I wear is very tasteful.

If others have made comments, I have never heard them and I don't really care if they do. I feel that people that make comments about others are just showing their lack of self esteem.

Just go on your cruise and enjoy all that it has to offer. I don't have any issues with the size of any of the seats in the venues.

Enjoy life!

Slightly off post, but I cruised with one of my pooh sized friends and she was so pleased at the selection of sizes available in tshirts and sweatshirts in the gift shops on board. She wears I think a XXL and was able to get several cute things which she said is often a problem on vacation :)

They've gotten a LOT better about the selection for Pooh sizes. I got a pair of capri sweats and really cute (designer-type) t-shirt on the Dream last month.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!