Pooh sized Disneyland Paris question

Eeyoreluver

DS and DD CP Alumni
Hi, I am making my first trip to France in July. I am going to Disneyland Paris for 2 days. I am really worried about my size. I have a large bottom and a plump belly. I wear a 22. Are there rides I won't be able to ride? At DisneyWorld in Florida and Disneyland in California I can ride everything. Just didn't want to get to the front of the line and be embarressed because I am too large. Thanks in advance for your help.

Hiya! I'm about the same size but carrying it all in the belly and top. Saying that, I had absolutely no problems on any ride whatsoever so I'm sure you will be just fine! The only ones that were a bit uncomfortable was the Rock N Roller coaster and Space Mountain was a touch of a squeeze for me but both of those I think were due to the over the shoulder harnesses and my upper half. That and I went in Feb and was wearing several layers of clothes + a heavy coat and still fit on everything so I wouldn't worry at all :)

I've had the same worries as I'm bringing my 3yr old for the first time and I've been worried about fitting in the kiddie rides (I'm about the same size too)

Crush's coaster is pretty tight - I've seen people have to get out before

I was going to mention crush's coaster too, I found it tight (could still ride) and I've never had a problem fitting on any rides before. I'm a uk size 20. My partner said he's found similar rides right before but was once told by a ride attendant at Alton towers (spinball whizzer) that if you cross your legs it can help, which worked for him.

I was in DLP in May and am about a size 24. Here are some of the ride specific things I remember:

Disneyland Park:

• No problem with Indiana Jones, thunder mountain, phantom manor, teacups, peter pan, snow white, Pinocchio, small world, storybook canal boats, buzz lightyear, star tours, space mountain
  • Casey Jr train we got a closed in circus car that was a bit hard to climb in to but they had other open air seats that would have been fine
  • Didn't ride: Pirates (closed but I imagine its similar to all the other pirates with bench seats), carousel, dumbo, autotopia, orbitron,
Studios:
  • Crush's Coaster - tight, but more of an adult on a kids coaster kind of feeling than a "plus size" problem. Kind of like 7 dwarfs mine train or Gringott's bank if your legs don't fit right it can be uncomfortable.
  • No problem with Ratatouille, Tower of Terror, Studio Tram Tour, Slinky Dog Spin, Toy Soldier Parachutes
  • Did not ride: Rock n'Rollercoaster, flying carpets or cars race rally
  • The worst problem I've ever had in any Disney park was with RC Racers. I WAS MORTIFIED. I waited in the single riders lineup. if I remember correctly there are 4 or 5 people to a row. They pulled a group of, I think 4 people, from the main lineup and then me from the single rider line was directed to stand at the end of their group. We were in the last row. The ride loads from the right side and everyone shuffles across and sits down. The people I was sharing with were pretty loud and boisterous, they took a while to load so I was the very last person on the entire ride to sit down and when I scrambled to pull the over the shoulder harness down and clip the safety buckle from underneath, I couldn't get the two to reach. I got that slightly panicked feeling. I mimed to the nearest cast member how does this work? and they couldn't get it done up. That awful sinking feeling of not being able to fit took me over. The cast member said not to worry my row had a seat with a larger safety harness. fine. The cast member tried to get everyone out of my row to get out so I could switch places and go to the seat on the other side for pooh sized guests. I say TRIED because these people were either clueless or jerks and the wouldn't move. They made a HUGE production and couldn't figure out that I couldn't get past them and that they'd have to exit the car and let me across. Each person just got up and moved over one seat and then refused to go anywhere while the cast members gathered around and shouted at them. Meanwhile the whole ride and everyone in the lineup watches on. I tried so say never mind and exit the ride but the cast member was very determined and wouldn't let me go. When I finally got on the ride was fun but not really worth the humiliation.

I paid more attention on my most recent trip and thought I would post a quick follow up for anyone in the need. I went on everything except Dumbo and Flying carpets and I had no problems on any ride at a top heavy size 22UK and 5' tall. Some of the kids rides were a little tight but I fit fine on everything. My partner however at 6'4" had a very different experience and felt squeezed on most things that weren't open bench style seating. In particular: Crush's Coaster, Peter Pan, Snow White, and Hyperspace Mountain. I am told Crush's and Hyperspace Mountain were especially difficult and caused some pain/discomfort due to leg room issues so taller people beware. My tall partner felt that the seating in the older rides tended to be more accommodating to big and tall guests which seems odd to me but apparently true.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!