Pool at Kidani for Older Kids

wordwitt

Mouseketeer
Hi Everyone,

We are going to be at KV in May for a bunch of birthday celebrations. The only kids will be my daughter, turning 13, and her friend, also 13. The girls, my husband and I will be staying in a 2 bedroom lockoff (savanna, with girls taking studio), and my in-laws will be in a standard studio. The only availability for both categories of rooms without waitlisting was at KV.

Having never stayed at Animal Kingdom, my first thought was that the girls might prefer Jambo House, but I think KV will be fine. My only thought was maybe the pool is designed too much for little kids? Is it nuts to think the girls will like the splash area? It looks like it could be fun for them, and even my FIL who has a thing for water gun fights. Also, it seems the slide is longer at Kidani than at Jambo? I know the pool itself is smaller at KV.

Thoughts on this or anything else with this age group would be great. The girls are not "too" grown up yet and still like kid stuff and crafts, etc.

Also, if anyone knows where I can locate one of those maps that shows how the rooms are laid out overall-- like, how many one bedrooms, studios, dedicated 2 bedrooms, lock-offs, etc. I would appreciate it. I have seen them for other resorts, but don't think I've seen one for KV.

I had teens (three girls) for all their teen years and if you are asking me for advice as to what to do with teens, there is not that much I can offer except you should do your best to avoid thoughts of throwing them into the crocodile pit that you pass by in the Animal Kingdom savanna ride.

The Kidani pool actually has the much longer slide and is fine for teens. Whether they will care for the water play area likely just depends on them. The area seems designed to have things for age groups from young ones to about 12 or 13 or even older. They could also check out community hall, try the night vision goggles for the savanna at night, there are pool games and trivia contests at the pool, cultural learning sessons in the building, tennis courts if they play trennis, and an arcade game room.

There is no specific map I have seen showing the internal room layouts but be aware that all the rooms are either 2BR dedicated or 2BR lock-oofs (that can became studio and 1BR) and they are all together throughout the resort so you can get either a dedicated or lock-off anywhere in the building on any floor. There are maps you can easily find by searching for Kidani in Google Images that show the structure of the buidling.

I had teens (three girls) for all their teen years and if you are asking me for advice as to what to do with teens, there is not that much I can offer except you should do your best to avoid thoughts of throwing them into the crocodile pit that you pass by in the Animal Kingdom savanna ride.

The Kidani pool actually has the much longer slide and is fine for teens. Whether they will care for the water play area likely just depends on them. The area seems designed to have things for age groups from young ones to about 12 or 13 or even older. They could also check out community hall, try the night vision goggles for the savanna at night, there are pool games and trivia contests at the pool, cultural learning sessons in the building, tennis courts if they play trennis, and an arcade game room.

There is no specific map I have seen showing the internal room layouts but be aware that all the rooms are either 2BR dedicated or 2BR lock-oofs (that can became studio and 1BR) and they are all together throughout the resort so you can get either a dedicated or lock-off anywhere in the building on any floor. There are maps you can easily find by searching for Kidani in Google Images that show the structure of the buidling.

LOL. Fortunately, my daughter is not to the point where I'd consider the crocodile option. Thanks for the reply, though! I feel better about our choice.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter