Pool heating in early May?

MrsArcher2B

Earning My Ears
Quick question for all you Orlando junkies :sunny:

Would you pay for pool heating at a private villa for the first two weeks in May?

I'm leaning towards yes, but it's a little over £300 (gbp) so i wanted to check first. We are coming from the UK and will mostly be using the pool at the end of the day.

Thanks in advance x

Not worth it. We live in the Northeast and open a pool in May. Sometimes we have to heat but usually not. In Orlando it should be refreshing that time of year. I think that seems like a rip off.

Quick question for all you Orlando junkies :sunny:

Would you pay for pool heating at a private villa for the first two weeks in May?

I'm leaning towards yes, but it's a little over £300 (gbp) so i wanted to check first. We are coming from the UK and will mostly be using the pool at the end of the day.

Thanks in advance x

Yes, I was renting a home on Anna Maria the week after the 4th of July and was paying for the pool heater. I also live in Tampa and I do not like a cold pool, especially at night. The reviews I read online for the homes in the area, guest said they wish they had the pool heater or rented it half way though their stay. It's better to have and not use than wish you had it.

Here is my " penny's worth "

Not worth it as you will not really use the pool all that much .... even after a day at the parks .. You will be tired.

We have seen families arrive from Uk and yes the really do the pool for the arrival day / evening

But next morning they are " up at dawn " to go to Parks . Back after Dinner & a swift swim & bed

Next day again up by 6.30 & " Off for " Rope drop .... very little swim time after that. till last morning .

This is our observation over 15 years of ownership of a villa.

I take it that you swim in your local pool in U.K. ( the water temp Could be Higher in Florida Villa .... Without Heat )

& I suspect that you swim at the seaside ... .

I wouldn't. I've found the pool heat doesn't work all that great. It's great in February but by May you won't be able to even tell it's on. Put the solar cover on and you should be fine.

In my experience if it's too cold when you get there you can call and have them come turn the heater on. I wouldn't pay up front. That does seem like a lot of money. Usually by May people don't heat the pools.

I live in South West Florida and we have a backyard pool. I wouldn't pay for heating in advance at booking. My advice is to keep an eye on the weather in Orlando for about 7-10 days before you arrive. If the weather is consistently warm, which I suspect it will be, I wouldn't bother with the heater. We typically do one good heating of our pool around the end of March/early April and as long as the weather stays warm we don't use the heater again until around November because we don't find the need for it. Another thing to consider is if the pool has a spa as well. Many times the spa will have a small over flow area that puts warm water into the pool when the spa is running. This helps warm the pool water a bit as well. I'm not sure if the home your renting would require pool heat for the pool spa, if it has one, but if it does I would inquire if it can be used (water heated) in just the spa without turning on the entire pool heater.

Thanks macprincess. I don't think there is a spa. I'll be sure to keep an eye on the weather x

Thanks macprincess. I don't think there is a spa. I'll be sure to keep an eye on the weather x
I've owned a pool in Orlando for many many years. If the pool is screened and or doesn't get much sun you might have wished to have the pool heated for that time of year. Once you turn the heat on it can take awhile to get heated. The one thing that could make the water tolerable for you is coming from the climate that you do.

In March, I'd consider it. In May, likely not. But to pay that much money, I'd have to REALLY love swimming. While a dip in the pool is a great relaxer after a long day at the parks, it's not worth £300 IMO.

I would probably skip it. I live in Fort Lauderdale, FL and by that time of the year I don’t think it’s needed.

We visited Tampa at the end of May and it was starting to get super hot here.

But, I like the suggestion of checking a week ahead of time and seeing what the weather is like. I’d make a decision at that point if you could.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!