Pool opening time

The pools aren't super busy at opening time (except embarkation day). This is because people are generally slow to get going in the mornings. So they'll either be at breakfast at 9am or on their way to an excursion.

The pools aren't super busy at opening time (except embarkation day). This is because people are generally slow to get going in the mornings. So they'll either be at breakfast at 9am or on their way to an excursion.

We literally had the pool to ourselves on a port day last summer. Our excursion started a little later. My kid had his own personal lifeguard for at least an hour!

We literally had the pool to ourselves on a port day last summer. Our excursion started a little later. My kid had his own personal lifeguard for at least an hour!
I find the same to also be the truth during diner times as well, for obvious reasons. My son has closed down the Mickey slide, worn out the stairs to the aquaduck during these late nights!

They don't always open at 8am, much to our kids' chagrin. We had full run of the pools for the first hour or so many times.

Early morning so quiet.

But what my family loves was how quiet everything gets around 5pm.
My guys love riding the AquaDuck during early seating. We always do 2nd.
They once rode it 10 times in a row.

They do tend to open the pools and particularly the water slides later on port days, especially Castaway Cay day. So check your Navigator before showing up early on a port day.

We did a 3 night Fantasy last July and I tried to take DH on the aquaduck at about 1030 (this was Nassau day which was our "sea day"). A lifeguard was posted at the entrance saying it was closed for 60-90 minutes for safety training.

We did a 3 night Fantasy last July and I tried to take DH on the aquaduck at about 1030 (this was Nassau day which was our "sea day"). A lifeguard was posted at the entrance saying it was closed for 60-90 minutes for safety training.
Yes, unexpected closures occasionally happen. The Aquaduck was completely closed for 2 of the sea days during our Eastern Fantasy cruise, due to high winds.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter