Pop/2 Bdrm Kidani or 1Bdrm Kidani

akirk18

Earning My Ears
About to book a trip and I am weighing some options.
This will be the first trip to Kidani for my family (of 3). We are also bringing my DW’s parents and her nephew. So, in total their will be 4 adults 2 children (one under 3).
I don’t have enough points to reserve a 2 bedroom for the entire trip.

So I think I only have two options:
- Stay the first two nights at a value resort then transfer over to Kidani for the rest of our stay.
- Downgrade to a one bedroom

I am not a fan of the second option because the lack of space. We are going for 8 nights and I don’t think the fold out would be the ideal place to sleep for that long. But we wouldn’t have to worry about the transfer.

I am falling more towards the first option because we are already not going to get to our resort until after midnight the first night. But, then we have to deal with moving our stuff.

Is there some other option like renting or transferring points to add on the extra two days at the 2 bedroom?

EDIT - Actually just looking at the point charts, I might be able to to swing two standard studios at Kidani. That might be a viable option as well.

Last edited:
You could attempt renting a reservation from another for the type of room you want for some of the nights (beginning or ending) of the stay, then reserve the remaining nights with your own points, and after both reservations are made, you can contact MS and have it link the reservations so long as the names on the reservations are the same, and such linking will prevent having to change rooms. You could attempt to do that rental through either the DVC Rent/Trade Board on this site or through a rental broker such as dvcrequest.com or dvcstore.com. You could also attempt getting a transfer of points if offered on the DVC Rent/Trade board although that can be somewhat difficult because the number of points you need may be more or less than the number that a member wants to transfer.

As to the Kidani 1BRs, they are larger than other DVC 1BRs (except for VGF and OKW), have the pull-out sofa queen and a chair that pulls out into a twin-size length bed in the living room, and a second bathroom, which together makes them something that could hold your group. Getting two studios takes away the full kitchen and washer/dryer which, for eight days, may be important for your group.

Getting two studios takes away the full kitchen and washer/dryer which, for eight days, may be important for your group.

That's a good point. I had not thought of that.

How comfortable are the pull outs? Would it suffice for two adults for 8 nights?

That's a good point. I had not thought of that.

How comfortable are the pull outs? Would it suffice for two adults for 8 nights?

You will find varying views on the pull-outs with many saying they are OK and others saying they are inadequate. I am in the OK group in that they are not quite as good as a bed but much better than the typical pull-outs you find in many hotels where you feel like you are just laying on the springs or have a bar sticking into you.

I’m just here to say I hope you have a wonderful stay at Kidani. It’s a wonderful resort and the 2 bedroom villas are so big and so nice!

It’s our home resort and we just left a one week stay!

Have you thought about seeking a transfer of points if you want the 2 bedroom? Kidani has the third bathroom, I believe, which is ideal with the number of people you have.

If you are low in points, how about the value villas at Jambo House?

Is there some other option like renting or transferring points to add on the extra two days at the 2 bedroom?
I would go this route. On the rent/transfer board you can find points and if you can get points at AK then you can book at the 11 month mark. Sometimes people only want to transfer a larger amount of points so you could get a transfer and then what ever points you don't use bank them. But don't forget about them -- they will not show up on your online account. i think the only way they could show up would be if it were the same UY as your contract. Or if you get more points than you need maybe use them to get savanna view for the latter part of your trip.

This route you will have complete control of the reservation, renting you will not have control.

Why not just stay in a Value 2BR? Sure the Kidani 2BR is larger with an extra bathroom, but since points are an issue, I would consider the value 2BR. But then it is not that easy to book values.

8 nights is a very long time for 6 people to be in a 1 bedroom - even if one of them is an infant or you plan to spend most of the time in the parks or otherwise out of the room. My advice is to do what you have to do to stay in a dedicated Kidani 2 bedroom. (Either look for a point transfer or arrange to rent the extra nights from another member). IMO, it will be worth the extra cost.

In the 2 bedroom, you won't need anyone to sleep in the living/kitchen area and you will have 3 full bathrooms and no one will have to sleep on a pull out. Keeping the living room/kitchen free for those who get up early or stay up late makes for a much better vacation - especially if someone (young or old) needs some private space for a nap. I'd cut something else to be able to do the 2 bedroom if the extra cost is an issue.

If renting points for the first two nights wouldn't work for you, then I would do two nights at Pop and transfer over.

Doing two studios may result in you not being close to each other, you loose the kitchen, and washer/dryer (which would be important for me, don't know about you).

Eight nights in a one bedroom with that many people would feel crowded to me.

Since you aren't getting in till late anyway, you are only sleeping that first night and have one full day there. Moving resorts isn't bad as Bell Services will move your luggage for you. Just don't give them anything you wouldn't need before evening. We usually pack a day backpack with anything we need (swimsuits, medicine, electronics) and take it to the park and get a locker.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!