Pop Century or Art of Animation??

Jo2019

Mouseketeer
Travelling with a large group of people. My brother is insisting on AoA but I was able to book a standard room at Pop for about $400usd less than AoA. I booked a few months ago and rates continued to rise. Travelling from Canada so the savings are substantial to us because of the exchange rate.

Problem is my brother hasnt booked either yet so will be paying at the higher rate. We would all like to stay at the same resort because we have young children and want them to be able to play at the pool together.

Any tips on how to convince them to stay at Pop? Both resorts look great to me. A family suite at AoA will not work due to the number of people travelling (6 adults and 2 kids). Or should we consider staying st AoA to keep the peace?

Thanks!

I've stayed at both and prefer POP.
Honestly I'd stay at 2 different resorts if he is really that insistent on AOA.
You can walk back and forth and in this situation I would not hesitate to "share pools" as there would be reservations at both resorts.

Travelling with a large group of people. My brother is insisting on AoA but I was able to book a standard room at Pop for about $400usd less than AoA. I booked a few months ago and rates continued to rise. Travelling from Canada so the savings are substantial to us because of the exchange rate.

Problem is my brother hasnt booked either yet so will be paying at the higher rate. We would all like to stay at the same resort because we have young children and want them to be able to play at the pool together.

Any tips on how to convince them to stay at Pop? Both resorts look great to me. A family suite at AoA will not work due to the number of people travelling (6 adults and 2 kids). Or should we consider staying st AoA to keep the peace?

Thanks!

If you don't need the suite, then I would just go with Pop. They are very similar in the level of amenities they provide. Pop and AoA are conveniently located close together though, so if you don't mind short walks to meet up, it's not too bad should he stay there and you stay at Pop.

Stay with POP. It's a great resort, updated rooms and if he insists at staying at AoA, enjoy the pretty walk across the lake.

I prefer AoA, Pop is an absolute zoo. After being in a busy park all day the last thing I now want is to go to Pop Century. It used to be our "go to" resort but it has become so overcrowded I find it hard to enjoy it now.
AoA has an amazing pool and play area.
You can both still visit each other as it is a really nice walk to and from the resorts but your kids won't be able to swim together.

As others have posted, level of comfort is about the same. We find food in AoA better by the tiniest of margins. Pop food court is louder.

You don’t mention the two children’s ages. If they are into Little Mermaid, Cars, or other themes, they would likely enjoy AofA more.

I've stayed at both and prefer POP.
Honestly I'd stay at 2 different resorts if he is really that insistent on AOA.
You can walk back and forth and in this situation I would not hesitate to "share pools" as there would be reservations at both resorts.
I'm pretty sure they check your magic bands to see if you're staying at that resort, but I also wouldn't advise going there to swim if you're not actually staying there (even if you have family staying there).

I'm pretty sure they check your magic bands to see if you're staying at that resort, but I also wouldn't advise going there to swim if you're not actually staying there (even if you have family staying there).

The don't "check" your magic bands you just need a magic band to open the pool area gate. And I do not normally suggest pool hopping to somewhere you are not staying but my own personal opinion is that if they do choose to stay at these two resorts then going to each other's pools so that the kids can play together is not a big deal in the grand scheme of things.

never stayed at pop but have stayed at aoa little mermaid room and liked it well enough to chose it for our adults only trip in November. We have stayed all across the board as far as resorts deluxe mods villas and value but with the exchange rate being what it is choose to do value unless a discount comes up for our dates then will switch to a moderate. Food court is very good pool area is awesome especially for kids I much prefer the theming here then pop

I would save the 400.00 and stay at POP. Remind your brother that the money you save can be spent on souvenirs or dining. The kids will be just as happy at POP as AoA.

FWIW, the resorts are really close. If you were staying in '60s at Pop and your brother's family was staying in Nemo at AoA, you'd probably be as close together as if you were in Cars or Little Mermaid at AoA.

That said, what's the group split? 3 adults + 1 kid, times two? Pop definitely can work for 4 people, but you do feel a bit cramped with the second bed down all the time. AoA suite benefit is more breathing room, second bath, etc.., plus the theming, especially with kids at that magic age.

I prefer AoA, Pop is an absolute zoo. After being in a busy park all day the last thing I now want is to go to Pop Century. It used to be our "go to" resort but it has become so overcrowded I find it hard to enjoy it now.
You can both still visit each other as it is a really nice walk to and from the resorts but your kids won't be able to swim together.
Lol im sorry but Pop is not worse than AoA in terms of the resort being an absolute zoo. I find them both equally zoo-ish.

The don't "check" your magic bands you just need a magic band to open the pool area gate. And I do not normally suggest pool hopping to somewhere you are not staying but my own personal opinion is that if they do choose to stay at these two resorts then going to each other's pools so that the kids can play together is not a big deal in the grand scheme of things.
I agree with this. You only need one magic band to open the gate. If the kids want to play/swim together, its not a big deal.

OP in your situation, i'd stick with Pop. Pop is a great resort and one of my faves. it was recently refurbished so the rooms have 2 queen beds (one reg and one queen pull-down/murphy bed). Very nice clean rooms. The savings are significant since youre canadian like myself. :) The Little Mermaid section has 2 double beds btw. Dont know if they'd go for that, or a suite.

I actually find the Big Blue Pool at AofA to be more of a zoo then the Hippy Dippy pool at Pop.

In the situation you described I would absolutely keep Pop. We have stayed there 4 times and love it! I would never give up on the great rate you got by booking early just to please someone else. Being Canadian myself I certainly feel for you where the exchange rate is concerned. Last year we stayed at All Star Music instead of Pop because the room was about $25 US per night less so I figured that was my exchange $$. We really enjoyed it there as well. The two resorts are really close by separated by a bridge. Tell your brother that you would have 2 resorts (pools, foodcourts) at your disposal. Also, if your family only needs a standard room (not a family suite) AOA Little Mermaid rooms are VERY far away from/to the food court and busses. I hope it all works out and you have a lovely vacation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter