Pop Century Resort

hannahryan

DIS Veteran
We have reservations for the new Pop Century Resort beginning 12/16/03. I'm excited because it will be brand new. We are paying $77 a night. I received a postcard offering any moderate resort for $79 a night for the same time period. Should I switch? My husband doesn't think so because he says "there is nothing like brand new". I'm not sure though. I need some advice from some experienced Disney Resort visitors.

Hi, hannahryan! Welcome to the DIS! Here on the DIS, you'll find the Resorts Board, which will help you out in your search for information. You can check there for information both on moderate resorts and on Pop Century. Good luck with your decision! :)

PC will be new, but I would rather stay at a moderate for the luxuries. How did you get the codes? I was wondering if they had sent any out recently.

Lewski709:earseek:

My husband and I have stayed at WDW more than 6 times--1 time off-site and we would never do that again!!!--we've stayed at the moderate resorts and at the value resorts. We will be going once again in February 2004 and have gotten reseverations for the PC--we are thrilled! Everything will be NEW!!! As far as the room size, they are smaller but how much time do YOU stay in your room?? Eight hours for sleeping and while you're sleeping you don't care about the size of your room. We have been treated acceptionally at the Value Resorts, even much better than at our last moderate resort stay (that's another story)!!! To be a few feet closer to the main entrance of the parks (because of transportation drop-offs) isn't a big deal for us--heck, who doesn't need the exercise???

I would definitely stick with the PC--if you've got problems with the service make sure you complain to Disney in writting and Disney will do PLENTY to make up for it...

Hope this helps!

I received the postcard within the past month. $79 Rates are available 11/2-12/26/03 at the moderate resorts...code AMC.

Thanks Susie Bee! I feel much better about our choice. By the way, I called Disney back and requested the AAA discount and saved 20%...now it's only $61 a night before tax! I can't wait to go!! :earsgirl:

Oh my gosh, the AAA discount is 20% on those rooms??!! I didn't realize! We'll be going for 10 days and it would be worth getting a membership to save on our room...thanks your your information!

Don't do it! This will probably be your best chance to check out the new resort. We are missing it by several days, but we couldn't get vacation at any other time. Just remember there may be a few bugs, (like Flik), the cast will have to work out. Enjoy!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter