Pop Century Room Renovations

I am very confused. I tried reading several pages of this thread and I am still unsure. Which buildings are 100% completed and which are currently being renovated?

I wish you luck. I've only heard a handful of people who didn't get the new room when requested.

My friend didn't in late August/early September. She was a little disappointed. I will be definitely be disappointed because if I was going to get a non-refurb room I would want 60's lake view. Last year I was in room 4141 and it was awesome!!!!

My friend didn't in late August/early September. She was a little disappointed. I will be definitely be disappointed because if I was going to get a non-refurb room I would want 60's lake view. Last year I was in room 4141 and it was awesome!!!!
I know they only had two buildings then, they opened the third one right before hurricane Irma hit.

When we cancelled our vacation the day before arrival because of Irma, we were still getting all the notifications from Pop Century still the next day about our room. And sadly our MDE showed our room assignment as 9158, exactly what we had requested...one of the new renovated rooms in the 80s on the first floor. :sad1: Sucked to not have been there to be in it. I'm hoping we get as lucky with our rescheduled trip in October and get one of the renovated rooms again.:hyper:

When we cancelled our vacation the day before arrival because of Irma, we were still getting all the notifications from Pop Century still the next day about our room. And sadly our MDE showed our room assignment as 9158, exactly what we had requested...one of the new renovated rooms in the 80s on the first floor. :sad1: Sucked to not have been there to be in it. I'm hoping we get as lucky with our rescheduled trip in October and get one of the renovated rooms again.:hyper:
I was there during Irma and I was 9108. Our bands didn't work for the first two days but they were dilligent and finally got them working on day three. It took a few trips to the front desk but luckily it was before the Irma news really hit.

A BIG thank you to @HopperFan!

A renovation status update has been added to the second post of this thread with hopes that it will assist anyone wondering what the current status of Pop renovations are. We will attempt to keep this updated with the latest and greatest information!

Thanks @HopperFan!
So does this mean that all of 70’s is closed or partially

2 more days till my request gets faxed...the anticipation is already killing me. Now how bad is it going to be waiting to see my room assignment to see if I get a room anywhere near my request. :faint:

Last edited:
We had a room block set up for our wedding and they told us they would try to put all our guests together. Four of our guests are already there and got 50's. I'm a little disappointed, but at least we'll have a short walk.

Can anyone at a Pop right now confirm how many of the 70's buildings are being refurbished right now? I thought it was both building 10 and building 6 bit think I may have been incorrect.

Thanks!

Can anyone at a Pop right now confirm how many of the 70's buildings are being refurbished right now? I thought it was both building 10 and building 6 bit think I may have been incorrect.

Thanks!

I just left Pop this morning, and didn't see any work going on in Building 6, and the sidewalks around it weren't blocked off yet. Tons of work going on for 10 though. It looked like the "wing" closest to the front of the resort was nearly finished (curtains hanging, furniture in, etc.) but the wing closest the food court was still pretty rough. I didn't get a clear look at the third section. There were also a few rooms in Building 7 that were being finished yesterday - I guess in the big push to open the building for Irma there were a few rooms here and there that weren't quite done. It looked like mostly paint touchups and things like that. I was in 7, and my room was fine.

I just left Pop this morning, and didn't see any work going on in Building 6, and the sidewalks around it weren't blocked off yet. Tons of work going on for 10 though. It looked like the "wing" closest to the front of the resort was nearly finished (curtains hanging, furniture in, etc.) but the wing closest the food court was still pretty rough. I didn't get a clear look at the third section. There were also a few rooms in Building 7 that were being finished yesterday - I guess in the big push to open the building for Irma there were a few rooms here and there that weren't quite done. It looked like mostly paint touchups and things like that. I was in 7, and my room was fine.
Hi neighbor...we were in building 7 too, room 7425 and our room was great. I really appreciated the coffeemaker and everything was so shiny and new...very much improved over the old rooms.

The only thing I hated was leaving yesterday.

Hi neighbor...we were in building 7 too, room 7425 and our room was great. I really appreciated the coffeemaker and everything was so shiny and new...very much improved over the old rooms.

The only thing I hated was leaving yesterday.

Wow - even the same floor! I was 7437. I could smell the fresh paint when I checked in on the 12th. The only thing that made it not quite so sad is I have another Pop reservation in December - so it's back to hoping for another renovated room. Maybe by then at least building 10 will be finished and if we sprinkle a little extra pixie dust maybe we can get 6 done as well. At this point, I don't care what floor and I don't care what building - I just want one of those renovated rooms! :cloud9:

Is there an electric plug close to the window? I want to decorate our window for Halloween.

Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter