Pop Century Room Renovations

Room request has been faxed, I added ground floor 90s to my MDE, I check in Monday (really late) I am so hoping for new room AHHHHHH
How do you request via fax?

I have called and they made a note on my account as well as it's in my check in, however if there is another step I could do to help I will.

I have called and they made a note on my account as well as it's in my check in, however if there is another step I could do to help I will.

I have a Touring Plans subscription, so I picked my room and they fax for me.

Is there an electric plug close to the window? I want to decorate our window for Halloween.

Thanks!
We are here now and there is a plug near the window by the stand for the coffee maker. Depending on how long your cord is, you may need a short extension cord.

I picked up a couple of small window decorations tonight when I went to pharmacy to refill proscriptions before the trip. Nothing fancy, a black spider web banner that says EEK and some pumpkin, ghost and spider window clings. I had been thinking that we just wouldn't have room in our luggage for window decorations since we are packing light and just bringing carry-ons but when I saw them I realized that small items like that would fit no problem!

Checked in yesterday afternoon and got a room in the 90s!!! Very nice. Admittedly we have never stayed at Pop before so we don’t have much to compare it to.

Also, travel tip for those with little ones. The pack-n-play will fit in the bathroom in front of the sink and leave enough space to close the sliding door. You won’t probably be able to use the toilet during the night but if you have a kiddo like ours who won’t sleep if she’s in the same “room” as you, this helps everyone have a better night.

Is there an electric plug close to the window? I want to decorate our window for Halloween.

Thanks!

Sort of. There was one on the wall around the side of the "box" created by the air conditioner, on the side next to the fridge cabinet (new room)/table (old room). I don't recall one directly below the window, but I wasn't specifically looking for one. I just noticed that one when getting out the luggage rack and thought it was in kind of an odd place now that the new rooms have the cabinet there. I did see quite a few rooms with lights around the windows though, so it must be close enough to work - they definitely were electric lights and not battery operated.

I just sent a fax myself, with all my reservation information, requesting a refurbished room. I did state that I didn't care which building or which floor, but that a refurbished room was my only request. I did receive one - don't know if the fax helped but it sure didn't hurt. I had also requested 90's/80's when I did online check in.

Are they still slated to be finished with refurb by beginning of 2018? We are going the second week of April so I'm guessing all rooms should be done by then?

They also appear to be taking longer to complete renovations than possibly planned so my guess is that the renovations will not be completed until mid-late 2018 if they continue at the current rate.

I just booked a quick trip at POP! It will be our first time there. We're booked in a standard room, we're only there for four nights and will be at the parks all day long. In the summer we always go longer and have a couple of pool days but don't have much hopes for any pool time at the end of February.

We requested new room at reservation and did the fax thru touring plans but did not get new room. Problem may be with touring plans they fax a specific room number which was 80s bldg 4th floor king pool view ... they met all the criteria but in 50s bldg. we really just wanted new room.

when u are doing online check in doing you request room there also, i faxed in request too for 90s

So I have Pop Century booked for this Sat night. Just me as DH, SIL and BIL are flying in on Sun. I am driving car down alone. I am having second thoughts about driving all the way to Pop Century on Sat, 9+ hour drive. Might be better to drive just 6 hours and stop for the night...then the remainder in the morning. DH won't arrive to resort, BWV, until around 1pm. I think I can cancel Pop Century by end of today...five days before check in. So...what would you all do?

So I have Pop Century booked for this Sat night. Just me as DH, SIL and BIL are flying in on Sun. I am driving car down alone. I am having second thoughts about driving all the way to Pop Century on Sat, 9+ hour drive. Might be better to drive just 6 hours and stop for the night...then the remainder in the morning. DH won't arrive to resort, BWV, until around 1pm. I think I can cancel Pop Century by end of today...five days before check in. So...what would you all do?

I would fly. ;)

But, you need the car? If that were my situation, I would keep the current plan and drive straight through, leaving early enough that it's NBD if you stop for an hour-long lunch/dinner break along the way to break up the driving. Just my preference. I'd rather drive the full way, relax at Pop for the evening, sleep in Sunday morning, and already be at Disney.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter