Pop Century Room Renovations

I would fly. ;)

But, you need the car? If that were my situation, I would keep the current plan and drive straight through, leaving early enough that it's NBD if you stop for an hour-long lunch/dinner break along the way to break up the driving. Just my preference. I'd rather drive the full way, relax at Pop for the evening, sleep in Sunday morning, and already be at Disney.
I agree, I would drive on through. Make enough stops to get out and rest, I would rather rest after nine hours and fall into bed knowing I didn't have to wake up and drive anymore. Get a good book on tape, like Harry potter and just listen to it, and by the time you get to DW it'll be over.

I've been reviewing/confirming our upcoming October trip and swear (why, yes, I do) that I'm more confused than before. According to Disney customer service, my request for renovated rooms is on my reservations. Many here have talked about also using Touring Plans to fax specific room requests to Pop Century, but where does that happen?

When I choose Request a Room from my TP dashboard, I go through the process for both reservations and all that happens is TP tells me to be sure and purchase that type of room, which I've already done. Where/when/how does the faxing part happen? And how do I specify a renovated room in any of the three buildings? I don't really care about the building or room number, but the request seems to be pretty specific. What am I missing here that would make sense of this process? Should I even bother with a Touring Plans fax? Thanks in advance for your help.

We requested new room at reservation and did the fax thru touring plans but did not get new room. Problem may be with touring plans they fax a specific room number which was 80s bldg 4th floor king pool view ... they met all the criteria but in 50s bldg. we really just wanted new room.

I'm sorry you didn't get a refurbished room like you were hoping for. Did you mention in the comments section of the TP room fax that a refurbished room was your priority? Requesting a King room might have been what pushed you out of a refurbished room. There are very few king rooms that have been refurbished at this point. It's very possible that the room assignor assumed that a king room (rather than refurbished) was your priority and that they were going to make you very happy by giving you the king room you requested since that's a tough request to get. Did you ask at the front desk if it would be possible to move to a refurbished room?

I've been reviewing/confirming our upcoming October trip and swear (why, yes, I do) that I'm more confused than before. According to Disney customer service, my request for renovated rooms is on my reservations. Many here have talked about also using Touring Plans to fax specific room requests to Pop Century, but where does that happen?

When I choose Request a Room from my TP dashboard, I go through the process for both reservations and all that happens is TP tells me to be sure and purchase that type of room, which I've already done. Where/when/how does the faxing part happen? And how do I specify a renovated room in any of the three buildings? I don't really care about the building or room number, but the request seems to be pretty specific. What am I missing here that would make sense of this process? Should I even bother with a Touring Plans fax? Thanks in advance for your help.
You should see it on your dashboard if you've entered trip info. It's probably easiest to look at the resort room finder, then after you've clicked into a room, you'll see a note at the top about requesting that room via fax. Hopefully that makes sense!

When I requested my room - I asked for the sections that I knew were refurbished - 80s I think and maybe 90s. Did this through mydisneyexperience and it seemed to work

Arriving for our first stay at Pop next Wednesday. I already requested 90s or 80s as our room preference on MDE, but I'd like to call also. Is the correct number to call 407‐938‐4000?

I've been reviewing/confirming our upcoming October trip and swear (why, yes, I do) that I'm more confused than before. According to Disney customer service, my request for renovated rooms is on my reservations.

Then you're all set. No need to do anything else. By requesting a renovated room you are telling the room assigners exactly what you want. That is better than requesting buildings or sections that are currently completed because if they complete more by the time you arrive, that gives the room assigners even more inventory to choose from in order to honor your request.

I arrive next Tuesday for 7 days....most of my trips have been at Pop. I requested 80's and close to transportation on mydisneyexperience (which now only says select when I click on it), requested rooms on touring plans in 80's building 9 and called and requested building 9. CM was great and said due to limited number of renovated rooms that's not a request she could take, but I could request areas or buildings. She asked if I would like to be even closer to transportation, but said 80's building 9 would fit all my needs. I started my conversation by saying, I know this is just a request and nothing is guaranteed....so at the end she said I had already given her speil on that so she didn't have to. Told her I was just helping her do her job. Haha. Here's hoping that I get my rquests, but if not, just being "home" at Pop will be great.... 9th trip with my daughter and every one has had a different group...this time it's me, DD13 and her friend who is also 13. Wish me luck on this one.

@emmabelle12 @jessiegirl1982 @Jellybass I remember you all requested the same room/area that I am requesting using touring plans. I was wondering how it worked out for you and if you got your requests or close to them. Where did you all end up?

I did get the room but we switched to the second floor because my wife didn't feel comfortable on tge ground floor. The original requested room was in a good spot though. I did the request just by calling the hotel through the My Disney Experience app.

My Online check in for room request just says "Select" and nothing is in the drop down. Tried that tricks for accepting terms and incognito still no options. Touring Plans faxed my request yesterday. Should I call or just let the touring plan fax be it?

My Online check in for room request just says "Select" and nothing is in the drop down. Tried that tricks for accepting terms and incognito still no options. Touring Plans faxed my request yesterday. Should I call or just let the touring plan fax be it?
I cannot do mine either, none of the tricks worked for me doing it online. I've called mine in, and will have TP do a fax too. If you have already previously called and placed room requests on your reservation, I wouldn't worry about it. But if you haven't, and just are having the TP fax, I would personally call. I'm always scared my fax might get missed. I like to have the requests in on my reservation just in case, and the TP fax as more specific.

I cannot do mine either, none of the tricks worked for me doing it online. I've called mine in, and will have TP do a fax too. If you have already previously called and placed room requests on your reservation, I wouldn't worry about it. But if you haven't, and just are having the TP fax, I would personally call. I'm always scared my fax might get missed. I like to have the requests in on my reservation just in case, and the TP fax as more specific.
What number did you call?

What number did you call?
Just the main Disney phone number (1407-934-7639) and went to reservations, modify reservations. Then just told the CM on the phone that I wanted to add room requests to my reservation. I know some people have used their MDE on their phone, where it says your reservation Pop Century, click on that and it says call hotel as an option. You could try that I guess if you wanted to. I think it all goes to the same call centers probably.

Do we know which building are finished and what they are on now? Any idea where they will be at in December?

Do we know which building are finished and what they are on now? Any idea where they will be at in December?

I don't believe anyone can accurately guess where things will be by December as everything seems to be taking much longer than originally anticipated.

As @teachertink shared, a current status of room renovations can be found in post #2. We are trying to keep this as current as possible.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!